Illinois 2011 applicants! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zla2014

Bronze

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Post by zla2014 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Hippononymous wrote:I did undergrad at Illinois and I would say that if you have a car, you should definitely bring it. The buses are great; most routes run every 30 minutes, except campus routes which run every 10-15 minutes, but the town is spread out enough that having a car makes everything easier. Parking isn't much of an issue. The meters on campus are 75 cents an hour, but you can get a parking pass for lot E-14 (the basketball stadium lot) for really cheap. They have passes for overnight parking, which get pricey, but grab a shuttle pass and it's like $150 for the year. There's a bus that runs from E-14 through campus every 15 minutes, or the lot is about a 5-7 minute walk from the law building.
I agree. After visiting, I decided I definitely want a car while I'm up there!

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:45 pm

illini22 wrote:Current 1L here. I lived in this forum last year so wanted to share a few things on Illinois.

First, if you have time, read the student blogs:

--LinkRemoved--

I got accepted to many schools, many better ranked than Illinois, others similarly ranked with more money, I came here, and I do not regret it.

The one thing I can tell you (you probably already know this) is that Illinois is by far the most transparent school I know. A lot of the employment data out there for many schools is not reliable AT ALL. People said it many times but I never realized how important it really is, but LOCATION is key. If you want Chicago, unless you get into a top 10 school, U of I is likely your best choice. Half the people I know here where at the end deciding between here and Wash U. Unless you want St. Louis, or Wash U gave you more money or money is not really an issue, there isnt really a reason why to chose Wash U over Illinois.

I remember I always wanted to know about employment prospects. Well, it is very mix, people are still hearing back, but there is no clear line as to why some people get really good offers and some did not. I know people deep into the top 10% with nothing, others medium grades and 3+ offers. It really depends mostly on your job searching skills. What I can say is that career services is just freaking amazing, they know you by name, know what you want, and really do most of the work for you.

If you have any specific questions about choosing between two schools (I probably got into both of the schools you choosing from), send me a PM.
transparent lol

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 pm

dreakol wrote:transparent lol
banned for thread necro/trolling lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”