Illinois 2011 applicants! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BrightLine

Bronze

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Post by BrightLine » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Something is just really impressive about Illinois.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

While every school is ambitious, it seems like Illinois is uniquely creatively ambitious, which I think is indicative of the effort they're putting in. The fact that this ambition seems to be pointed towards career prospects and taking care of its students definitely makes me feel like I should go their way.

wdk3618

New

Post by wdk3618 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:27 pm

BrightLine wrote:Something is just really impressive about Illinois.
+1

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:41 pm

I wish I applied to UIUC.

mez06

Bronze

Post by mez06 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:10 am

Does anyone have the premium version of the US News Report? If so, would you mind posting the information related to Employment Stats? Thanks!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Perplexed Penguin

New

Post by Perplexed Penguin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 pm

I got my Illinois flash drive in the mail last night. 4gb, metal, and engraved. WUSTL needs to step up their game. Their flash drives got nothing on Illinois.

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:23 am

Just decided to attend for sure! Now to pay this seat deposit...

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:23 am

Meant to be a PM. :wink:

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:44 am

I'm deciding at the last minute to go to asd in April and I'm thinking of making the 17 hour drive from TX to cut down on cost, does that sound crazy? I have a friend in arkansas I can stay with to split the trip up so it wouldn't be too bad. Has anyone made that drive before, how is it?

Also, does anyone/several people want to split a hotel room?

Edit: if anyone from Texas wants to make the drive with me, you are welcome to join :D I'm in San Antonio, but I can pick someone up along the way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

purplebulldogs

New

Post by purplebulldogs » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:45 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I'm deciding at the last minute to go to asd in April and I'm thinking of making the 17 hour drive from TX to cut down on cost, does that sound crazy? I have a friend in arkansas I can stay with to split the trip up so it wouldn't be too bad. Has anyone made that drive before, how is it?

Edit: if anyone from Texas wants to make the drive with me, you are welcome to join :D I'm in San Antonio, but I can pick someone up along the way.
no, that doesn't sound crazy, especially since you have a free place to stay on the way.

however, it would be foolish of you to make that drive and not stop at lambert's cafe in sikeston, missouri. i believe it's on your way...

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:I'm deciding at the last minute to go to asd in April and I'm thinking of making the 17 hour drive from TX to cut down on cost, does that sound crazy? I have a friend in arkansas I can stay with to split the trip up so it wouldn't be too bad. Has anyone made that drive before, how is it?

no, that doesn't sound crazy, especially since you have a free place to stay on the way.

however, it would be foolish of you to make that drive and not stop at lambert's cafe in sikeston, missouri. i believe it's on your way...
Hmm I'll look into that cafe. What's so great about it?

super6

Bronze

Post by super6 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm driving 18.5 hours to the UT-Austin ASD so I don't think you're crazy.

illini22

New

Post by illini22 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Hannibal wrote:While every school is ambitious, it seems like Illinois is uniquely creatively ambitious, which I think is indicative of the effort they're putting in. The fact that this ambition seems to be pointed towards career prospects and taking care of its students definitely makes me feel like I should go their way.
FYI, Illinois just hired two more people for career services, they are really stepping up their game for making sure that students get good jobs.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:48 pm

illini22 wrote:
Hannibal wrote:While every school is ambitious, it seems like Illinois is uniquely creatively ambitious, which I think is indicative of the effort they're putting in. The fact that this ambition seems to be pointed towards career prospects and taking care of its students definitely makes me feel like I should go their way.
FYI, Illinois just hired two more people for career services, they are really stepping up their game for making sure that students get good jobs.
I think we may have actually received an email about this....in hindsight an email devoted just to the LS application process probably would have been a wise choice.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 am

So where is everyone staying during ASD next weekend?

sparcarc

New

Post by sparcarc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Has anyone heard any updates since last Friday the 18th? According to Dean Pless in the other Illinois thread, all files completed before March 1st should have gone into review with decisions aimed for the last Friday the 18th.. But perhaps that doesn't mean all decisions should be coming out by the 18th, hmm

Would love Illinois

samfii

Bronze

Post by samfii » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:So where is everyone staying during ASD next weekend?
All the hotels by the school were completely booked by the time I went to book the room so im staying about 5 miles away at the quality inn... Was anyone lucky enough to get one of the closer hotels??

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:18 pm

samfii wrote:
All the hotels by the school were completely booked by the time I went to book the room so im staying about 5 miles away at the quality inn... Was anyone lucky enough to get one of the closer hotels??
Yeah I noticed that too. I think I'm going to end up using that couch surfing website to find a place to crash that weekend, it's mostly senior undergrads at UIllinois offering up their place, but that's cool with me.

Spookyghost

Bronze

Post by Spookyghost » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:29 pm

sparcarc wrote:Has anyone heard any updates since last Friday the 18th? According to Dean Pless in the other Illinois thread, all files completed before March 1st should have gone into review with decisions aimed for the last Friday the 18th.. But perhaps that doesn't mean all decisions should be coming out by the 18th, hmm

Would love Illinois
Yes, and Pless also said that files completed by March 4 will have decisions this Friday. Last batch was 8 acceptances out of 192 so let's hope for better odds this week haha.

sparcarc

New

Post by sparcarc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:45 pm

8 / 192.. approximately 6% acceptance rate

Whew, let's hope ours were not among the reviewed ones from last week.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Wow, I sent a scholarship negotiation email and got my scholly bumped to full tuition. University of Illinois has leaped frogged to the top of my list. Dean Pless is da best. Seriously, the transparency and overall handling of the admissions process at UIUC continues to amaze me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Nice, ArchRoark! Yeah, I wish all admissions deans were like Dean Pless.

ktg808

Bronze

Post by ktg808 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:38 pm

ArchRoark wrote:Wow, I sent a scholarship negotiation email and got my scholly bumped to full tuition. University of Illinois has leaped frogged to the top of my list. Dean Pless is da best. Seriously, the transparency and overall handling of the admissions process at UIUC continues to amaze me.
Lovely! What was your original scholarship offer if you don't mind me asking?

samfii

Bronze

Post by samfii » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:14 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
samfii wrote:
Yeah I noticed that too. I think I'm going to end up using that couch surfing website to find a place to crash that weekend, it's mostly senior undergrads at UIllinois offering up their place, but that's cool with me.
couch surfing website? do share

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 pm

samfii wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
samfii wrote:
couch surfing website? do share
It's called couchsurfing.com you can find people to crash with or host people. My sister has used it with success and we have hosted someone too. Pretty neat.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”