Stetson 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
flgator10

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby flgator10 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:10 pm

CBROWN22 wrote:ACCEPTED as of today!!

So happy and excited. :D

Congrats!!

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 pm

flgator10 wrote:

Congrats!![/quote

Yay! Super Congrats :)!!

CBROWN22

Postby CBROWN22 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:09 pm

hetherlys wrote:

CONGRATS! Are you FT or PT?

Full time! :)

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 pm

CBROWN22 wrote:
hetherlys wrote:

May I ask when you submitted and went into review? I'm still waiting. TYIA

CBROWN22

Postby CBROWN22 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:17 am

singingkris wrote:
CBROWN22 wrote:
hetherlys wrote:

I submitted 4/12, was complete 4/19 and got accepted this morning. (4/27)
153 LSAT- 3.2 GPA, but very strong PS & letters of rec.

Good luck!

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:41 am

CONGRATS! Are you FT or PT?[/quote]

Full time! :)[/quote]
May I ask when you submitted and went into review? I'm still waiting. TYIA[/quote]

I submitted 4/12, was complete 4/19 and got accepted this morning. (4/27)
153 LSAT- 3.2 GPA, but very strong PS & letters of rec.

Good luck![/quote]

TY for sharing and Congrats again on your acceptance :)!

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:42 pm

singingkris wrote:
CBROWN22 wrote:
hetherlys wrote:

@singingkris How long did you apply and go into review?

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:50 pm

CONGRATS! Are you FT or PT?[/quote]

May I ask when you submitted and went into review? I'm still waiting. TYIA[/quote]

@singingkris How long did you apply and go into review?[/quote]
Hi I sent it 4/12 and went into review 4/19.

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm

singingkris wrote:CONGRATS! Are you FT or PT?

Hi I sent it 4/12 and went into review 4/19.[/quote]

Unless you have my luck (or papalew's) you'll probably hear something by next week! Good luck!

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:58 pm

hetherlys wrote:
singingkris wrote:CONGRATS! Are you FT or PT?

Hi I sent it 4/12 and went into review 4/19.[/quote]

Unless you have my luck (or papalew's) you'll probably hear something by next week! Good luck![/quote]

Haha. Thank you Heatherlys :)! Good luck with your law school endeavors.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Congratulations !

morganrmco14

Postby morganrmco14 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:05 pm

In at stetson as of today.
completed application 4/12 155 3.1

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 pm

morganrmco14 wrote:In at stetson as of today.
completed application 4/12 155 3.1

Congrats! (I'm going to ask the standard PT or FT that I always ask because I'm hoping SOMEONE will be PT with me).

So....PT or FT?

morganrmco14

Postby morganrmco14 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:06 am

FT... sorry I'm sure you'll meet someone soon!

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Visited over the weekend and sent my deposit today! I will definitely be attending!

I'm still completely lost about housing though; I checked out a few apartments. I didn't really care for the area for a couple of them, and the one that I really like is outside my budget.

Has anyone nailed down where they'll be living? Any additional ideas would be great as I'm not sure if I'll be able to head back to the area prior to moving.

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:49 pm

LawBound11 wrote:Visited over the weekend and sent my deposit today! I will definitely be attending!

I'm still completely lost about housing though; I checked out a few apartments. I didn't really care for the area for a couple of them, and the one that I really like is outside my budget.

Has anyone nailed down where they'll be living? Any additional ideas would be great as I'm not sure if I'll be able to head back to the area prior to moving.

I also really didn't care for the area. All the apartments seemed really old and not what I'm looking for. But I guess that's just because I'm coming from Gainesville where there are brand new apartment complexes everywhere and the prices are very affordable.

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 pm

flgator10 wrote:
LawBound11 wrote:Visited over the weekend and sent my deposit today! I will definitely be attending!

I also really didn't care for the area. All the apartments seemed really old and not what I'm looking for. But I guess that's just because I'm coming from Gainesville where there are brand new apartment complexes everywhere and the prices are very affordable.

+1

The ones that I have found that I really like are 1k+ for a one bedroom and about 20/25 minutes from campus. Hoping for some more insight...

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:27 pm

LawBound11 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:

+1

The ones that I have found that I really like are 1k+ for a one bedroom and about 20/25 minutes from campus. Hoping for some more insight...

Do you know what it was called? I really didn't make it north of downtown St. Pete but from what I saw right around campus and everything south of downtown St. Pete...wasn't too crazy about it at all. I did like Waters Pointe in South Pasadena. Only a few minutes away from campus and right on the water. But they didn't have very many one bedrooms.

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:31 pm

flgator10 wrote:
LawBound11 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:

+1

Do you know what it was called? I really didn't make it north of downtown St. Pete but from what I saw right around campus and everything south of downtown St. Pete...wasn't too crazy about it at all. I did like Waters Pointe in South Pasadena. Only a few minutes away from campus and right on the water. But they didn't have very many one bedrooms.

I saw Waters Pointe on Saturday, and it looked like a club during the middle of the day - not sure if that is normal, but it made me apprehensive.

The place I really liked was called Tortuga; it was between $1,100 and $1,200 for a one bedroom, though.

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm

I know what you mean about Waters Pointe. It's definitely not my style but the only one of all the ones I looked at around Stetson that looked decent to me. I wasn't able to see any of the Rosa apartments or Golfview condos either. I looked at Tortuga online. That is definitely the type of apartments I'm looking for, but I just wish it was closer to campus. Tortuga also owns another apartment complex closer to Stetson called Fusion 1560. I'm sure the inside is nice, but I really didn't like the area right around there.

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:44 pm

flgator10 wrote:I know what you mean about Waters Pointe. It's definitely not my style but the only one of all the ones I looked at around Stetson that looked decent to me. I wasn't able to see any of the Rosa apartments or Golfview condos either. I looked at Tortuga online. That is definitely the type of apartments I'm looking for, but I just wish it was closer to campus. Tortuga also owns another apartment complex closer to Stetson called Fusion 1560. I'm sure the inside is nice, but I really didn't like the area right around there.

I checked out Fusion 1560 too....and had the exact same feeling. A baseball game was letting out right when I was in that area too, and it was BUSY.

Please let me know if you find anything....or if anyone else finds something, please post and I'll do the same!

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:50 pm

LawBound11 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:I know what you mean about Waters Pointe. It's definitely not my style but the only one of all the ones I looked at around Stetson that looked decent to me. I wasn't able to see any of the Rosa apartments or Golfview condos either. I looked at Tortuga online. That is definitely the type of apartments I'm looking for, but I just wish it was closer to campus. Tortuga also owns another apartment complex closer to Stetson called Fusion 1560. I'm sure the inside is nice, but I really didn't like the area right around there.

I checked out Fusion 1560 too....and had the exact same feeling. A baseball game was letting out right when I was in that area too, and it was BUSY.

Please let me know if you find anything....or if anyone else finds something, please post and I'll do the same!

Glad to know someone else has the same taste in apartments as me! I will definitely let you know if I find anything else. I was also thinking of contacting a realtor to see if there are any condos I can rent instead. I am really surprised at the lack of decent apartments in the area. If I'm going to be miserable as a law student for the next 3 years, I would at least like to live in an apartment that I love. :(

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue May 03, 2011 1:37 pm

I've looked at a bunch of stuff in Gulfport and S. Pasadena, and all of the apartments seem really tiny to me. I also looked at some houses in Gulfport right by Stetson, but they were really old and tiny as well. Everything seems so much newer in Tampa (where I'm moving from). I'd love to be in Gulfport just so I can get to the school or library (where I'm sure I'll be living) super quickly, but if I do live in an apartment, I want it to be super quiet because I have a hard time concentrating, not super old/outdated, and not with the world's smallest bedrooms.

And I don't want to live alone, and it seems hard to find roommates. I posted some ads on Craigslist looking for Stetson students, but the only people who reply to me are college students at USF and I doubt we have the same idea of quiet time. Is everyone here living alone? If not, how do you plan on finding a roommate?

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Jessuf wrote:I've looked at a bunch of stuff in Gulfport and S. Pasadena, and all of the apartments seem really tiny to me. I also looked at some houses in Gulfport right by Stetson, but they were really old and tiny as well. Everything seems so much newer in Tampa (where I'm moving from). I'd love to be in Gulfport just so I can get to the school or library (where I'm sure I'll be living) super quickly, but if I do live in an apartment, I want it to be super quiet because I have a hard time concentrating, not super old/outdated, and not with the world's smallest bedrooms.

And I don't want to live alone, and it seems hard to find roommates. I posted some ads on Craigslist looking for Stetson students, but the only people who reply to me are college students at USF and I doubt we have the same idea of quiet time. Is everyone here living alone? If not, how do you plan on finding a roommate?

I feel the same way. Looking for something newer and also looking for a roommate. I think there is some kind of Roommate Wanted list but I haven't really looked into it too much yet. You could also try using the Stetson Connect website.

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Tue May 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Have any of you registered on the connect.stetson portal?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”