Stetson 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jessuf

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby jessuf » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:03 pm

I just got my acceptance e-mail. Went complete 3/25. I like that their deposit isn't due until mid-May, which gives me time to wait a bit longer for other schools I'm still pending at. Stetson (of the schools I've been accepted to) is currently my top.

jdwishes

Postby jdwishes » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Congrats LawBound11 and Jessuf!!!! :D

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Congrats Lawbound and Jessuf!

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks, jdwishes and hetherlys!

Good news for you soon, too!!!

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted today/recently.
:D

I just applied yesterday (late I know) but they contacted me via CRS (URM) and waived the application fee. After researching the college I think I would be happy here. You guys all seem really nice!

Best of Luck!

ps. How long is the average process from sent to decision render?

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:39 pm

singingkris wrote:Congratulations to everyone that was accepted today/recently.

I just applied yesterday (late I know) but they contacted me via CRS (URM) and waived the application fee. After researching the college I think I would be happy here. You guys all seem really nice!

Best of Luck!

It varies, I've been in review for 3 (very long weeks). Lawbound got her decision at 2. I've seen other get decisions after 1 week. That's after they determine the application complete and give you a log-in for the status checker.

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:44 pm

hetherlys wrote:

Best of Luck!

It varies, I've been in review for 3 (very long weeks). Lawbound got her decision at 2. I've seen other get decisions after 1 week. That's after they determine the application complete and give you a log-in for the status checker.

+1

It took hetherlys and I right around the same time to go complete and receive our status checkers too - almost exactly at three weeks. Compared to a few of my other schools, Stetson moved pretty quickly. I'm not sure about now since they did extend their deadline though. I'm sure they were either swamped with applications if they went through CRS, or they might not have received many at all since it is late in the game.

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:52 pm

LawBound11 wrote:
hetherlys wrote:

Best of Luck!

+1

It took hetherlys and I right around the same time to go complete and receive our status checkers too - almost exactly at three weeks. Compared to a few of my other schools, Stetson moved pretty quickly. I'm not sure about now since they did extend their deadline though. I'm sure they were either swamped with applications if they went through CRS, or they might not have received many at all since it is late in the game.

I was wondering that as well. I was a little surprised to receive an email from them this late in the game, but I assumed it was because I was Mexican/ Female from CA.

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:53 pm

quote]

I was wondering that as well. I was a little surprised to receive an email from them this late in the game, but I assumed it was because I was Mexican/ Female from CA.[/quote]

They actually extended the application deadline for everyone - who knows why, but I'm sure it'll work in some people's favor!

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:00 pm

They actually extended the application deadline for everyone - who knows why, but I'm sure it'll work in some people's favor![/quote]

(I meant they probably contacted me through CRS because I am a URM)

Would be so nice to receive some good news...tired of getting wait listed at all my top choices...lol.

Super congrats on your acceptance! :)

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Just accepted after being waitlisted back in February! :) :) Will probably try to visit sometime soon.

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm

flgator10 wrote:Just accepted after being waitlisted back in February! :) :) Will probably try to visit sometime soon.

Congrats! Are you FT or PT?

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:06 pm

hetherlys wrote:
flgator10 wrote:Just accepted after being waitlisted back in February! :) :) Will probably try to visit sometime soon.

Congrats! Are you FT or PT?

Thanks! and I am FT. Very excited! I love Tampa/St. Pete!

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 pm

The area by Stetson is really, really gorgeous. I was skeptical about the school at first. I grew up in the Tampa Bay area (still live here now) and mostly heard a lot of Gator grads talking down on it. However, one of my friends is a judge and pretty successful bankruptcy lawyer in Pinellas, and he had some really positive things to say about Stetson (he didn't graduate from Stetson). Though Stetson isn't my #1 choice, I am totally comfortable going there if I can't get off any of my waitlists. Plus the quality of life and cost of living compared to a lot of other cities is AWESOME.

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Jessuf wrote:The area by Stetson is really, really gorgeous. I was skeptical about the school at first. I grew up in the Tampa Bay area (still live here now) and mostly heard a lot of Gator grads talking down on it. However, one of my friends is a judge and pretty successful bankruptcy lawyer in Pinellas, and he had some really positive things to say about Stetson (he didn't graduate from Stetson). Though Stetson isn't my #1 choice, I am totally comfortable going there if I can't get off any of my waitlists. Plus the quality of life and cost of living compared to a lot of other cities is AWESOME.

I agree. I grew up in the Fort Lauderdale area but have been to the St. Pete area many times and absolutely love it. I really love Clearwater too! And I am also a gator grad so I love the idea of being able to go up to Gainesville for a game every once in a while. I am still on 7 other waitlists but this is definitely the first acceptance that I have actually been excited about! Only thing I am terrified about is the debt since I would be paying full price.

leefair123

Postby leefair123 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 am

just withdrew

mrr111

Postby mrr111 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 am

Was really excited when I got home from work last night to find that I'm accepted after being put on the waitlist in March! Has anyone that has been accepted after waitlist received any type of scholarships?

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:20 am

mrr111 wrote:Was really excited when I got home from work last night to find that I'm accepted after being put on the waitlist in March! Has anyone that has been accepted after waitlist received any type of scholarships?

I'm curious if they still have scholarship money left, too. I know they extended the application deadline to April 15, but I'm not sure if they're still awarding anything or not. I was just accepted yesterday, so definitely curious!

ETA: For those that received any type of scholarship already, how did you find out? Was there any advance notice, or did it just show up in the mail? (I haven't received my snail mail acceptance package yet, just the email yesterday.)

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:37 am

LawBound11 wrote:
mrr111 wrote:Was really excited when I got home from work last night to find that I'm accepted after being put on the waitlist in March! Has anyone that has been accepted after waitlist received any type of scholarships?

I'm curious if they still have scholarship money left, too. I know they extended the application deadline to April 15, but I'm not sure if they're still awarding anything or not. I was just accepted yesterday, so definitely curious!

ETA: For those that received any type of scholarship already, how did you find out? Was there any advance notice, or did it just show up in the mail? (I haven't received my snail mail acceptance package yet, just the email yesterday.)

I noticed a lot of people mention that the financial aid information comes via fed ex, so it probably won't be too long for you guys to find out.

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm

It's been quiet here!

NickM54

Postby NickM54 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:22 pm

How long did it take for people to recieve the accepted students packet in the mail?

richis7

Postby richis7 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 pm

NickM54 wrote:How long did it take for people to recieve the accepted students packet in the mail?

I got accepted on a friday via email and had the packet within about a week.

LawBound11

Postby LawBound11 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:14 pm

richis7 wrote:
NickM54 wrote:How long did it take for people to recieve the accepted students packet in the mail?

I got accepted on a friday via email and had the packet within about a week.

I was curious about this too, thanks!!

Hoping mine shows up soon - got accepted on Tuesday.

hetherlys

Postby hetherlys » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:04 am

I do a lot of real estate work and wanted to offer a contact if anyone was looking for rentals in the area.

His name is Bryan and he works for Smith & Associates in St. Pete, and his cell is 727-688-3652. I gave him a heads up that I was putting his information on here.

papalew

Postby papalew » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:27 pm

UGGHHH Accepted at FSU and FAMU but STILL WAITING ON STETSON. Its been over 3 weeks now since I went complete.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”