Stetson 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NickM54
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby NickM54 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

DoubleL, its all good. I should have edited my original post.

I am a 156 2.87, selected "either" but have expressed strong interest in the FT program.

I have my MBA and great work experience, out of UG for 5 or 6 years.

What are your numbers LawBound? Did you select either?

User avatar
LawBound11
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby LawBound11 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 pm

NickM54 wrote:DoubleL, its all good. I should have edited my original post.

I am a 156 2.87, selected "either" but have expressed strong interest in the FT program.

I have my MBA and great work experience, out of UG for 5 or 6 years.

What are your numbers LawBound? Did you select either?


Sending a PM.

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby pinkcamellia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:20 pm

In today, numbers in profile.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Congratulations ! Solid numbers. I hope that you get a nice scholarship.

NickM54
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby NickM54 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Congrats Pink!!! Where does Stetson rank on your list?

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby pinkcamellia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:45 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Congratulations ! Solid numbers. I hope that you get a nice scholarship.


Thank you! Me too.

NickM54 wrote:Congrats Pink!!! Where does Stetson rank on your list?


If I got a generous scholly - I have heard they might be out of them - I would definitely consider attending. However, at sticker, I will certainly withdraw in a timely manner. I hope you get off the waitlist! I know how hard it is to ride the WL wave.

holladay
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby holladay » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Barbie wrote: The places between South Tampa and North Tampa suck.



I would have to disagree with this. I live in Seminole Heights, less than 2 miles from Ybor City and 4 miles from Downtown Tampa, and you could not pay me to live in the suburbs of North Tampa, New Tampa, Carollwood, or Town & Country. Too much traffic, no character, and overpriced rent. I have lived in the Tampa Bay area my whole life and the "urban corridor" is where it's at. I have no idea about specific neighborhoods in St. Petersburg or Gulfport, but I do know that our "ghetto" is a walk in the park compared to bad neighborhoods in other cities.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby Sandro » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 pm

and Rick Scott is the governor so Tampa stinks even more.

hetherlys
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby hetherlys » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:09 pm

LawBound11 wrote:Do you mind if I ask your numbers? I just recently applied here (not yet complete, though.)

Is the process as slow going as the original email indicates? Most of my other schools have gone complete and under review within 2 weeks of submission; this one said it can take 4-6 weeks to even be complete.



How long ago did you submit your app?

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby pinkcamellia » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:55 pm

I received my actual acceptance letter today, dated January 21, 2011 - before I'd even applied.

Stetson must be able to predict the future... :lol:

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:35 pm

holladay wrote:
Barbie wrote: The places between South Tampa and North Tampa suck.



I would have to disagree with this. I live in Seminole Heights, less than 2 miles from Ybor City and 4 miles from Downtown Tampa, and you could not pay me to live in the suburbs of North Tampa, New Tampa, Carollwood, or Town & Country. Too much traffic, no character, and overpriced rent. I have lived in the Tampa Bay area my whole life and the "urban corridor" is where it's at. I have no idea about specific neighborhoods in St. Petersburg or Gulfport, but I do know that our "ghetto" is a walk in the park compared to bad neighborhoods in other cities.


I suppose, but I'm the opposite as in you couldn't pay me to live in Seminole Heights haha. Some of the houses are kind of cute, but theres a thrift shop on every block and furniture on the corners and... who knows at night. When I moved back here my husband and I looked at a house out there, and before we even got to it he looked at me and said "Oh.Hell.No".

papalew
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 am

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby papalew » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:48 am

Does anyone know the current timetable for a decision? Everything is in but they still said 4-6 weeks to process and another 2-3 or something for a decision. Is this accurate?

163/2.8

Any guess on my chances?

ashrh01
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby ashrh01 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm

papalew wrote:Does anyone know the current timetable for a decision? Everything is in but they still said 4-6 weeks to process and another 2-3 or something for a decision. Is this accurate?

163/2.8

Any guess on my chances?


I applied to all of my schools (15 or so) in mid Jan and Stetson is one of only 2 I am waiting to hear back from. It took them about a month for them to process it and send me a status check, etc, and now I have been in "submitted for review" since 2/15. I'm not sure about anyone else's timetables but I think it's hard to predict, you could be waiting awhile though.

papalew
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 am

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby papalew » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 am

@ashrh01

Just emailed them. They are currently making decisions on applications received before February 28 so you should be hearing soon. Best of luck!

I'm kinda freaking out that I wont get in because I sent my application in so late. LSP has me at an admit but should I still be as worried as I am? Does anyone know if Stetson acknowledges legacy status in their decisions?

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby Justathought » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Accepted today. I'm going to withdraw, but before this cycle began I wasn't sure where my numbers would land me. The Stetson representative I spoke with at my UG law fair was, by far and away, the most helpful and friendly admissions officer I've encountered through this process. He even wrote me a personalized followup letter encouraging me to apply.

This doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of law school decisions, but I have a very favorable impression of the school's intangible characteristics.

hetherlys
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby hetherlys » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:26 am

Hello! I'm posting my process in case it would be helpful to any of the later applicants. I applied for the PT program (I'm a full time working mom and very early 30s).

I submitted my application to Stetson on 3/4/11, LSAC sent report on 3/7/11. I received an email yesterday that the application package was complete and received my log-in. Previous communication with Stetson indicated that decisions could take 2-3 weeks.

Best of luck!

User avatar
LawBound11
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby LawBound11 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:43 am

hetherlys wrote:Hello! I'm posting my process in case it would be helpful to any of the later applicants. I applied for the PT program (I'm a full time working mom and very early 30s).

I submitted my application to Stetson on 3/4/11, LSAC sent report on 3/7/11. I received an email yesterday that the application package was complete and received my log-in. Previous communication with Stetson indicated that decisions could take 2-3 weeks.

Best of luck!


Good luck, again!

I'm hoping to be right behind you!!

ashrh01
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby ashrh01 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:26 pm

my status checker says decision made 3/24, decision sent by email. still waiting on the email...

redlighter
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby redlighter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:48 pm

You all are going to think I lack a certain degree of sanity, but I have applied to Stetson with a 3.37/146 combination. I have virtually no chance of getting in, but I applied for kicks because I live in the Tampa Bay area and it is my first choice school. I have put in three back-ups though; Barry, Ave Maria, and FAMU. My writing background is pretty solid, and I majored in political science with a preponderance of philosophy electives. As mentioned, it's a bold move to apply to Stetson with anything less than a 150, but if by some miraculous occurrence I get accepted, I'll let you guys know. That would actually be pretty humorous lol. At least I'm going to committee. Could be worse. I'll probably be doing the June LSAT and a petition, but we'll cross that inevitable bridge when we come to it ^_^

jdwishes
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby jdwishes » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:43 am

redlighter wrote:You all are going to think I lack a certain degree of sanity, but I have applied to Stetson with a 3.37/146 combination. I have virtually no chance of getting in, but I applied for kicks because I live in the Tampa Bay area and it is my first choice school. I have put in three back-ups though; Barry, Ave Maria, and FAMU. My writing background is pretty solid, and I majored in political science with a preponderance of philosophy electives. As mentioned, it's a bold move to apply to Stetson with anything less than a 150, but if by some miraculous occurrence I get accepted, I'll let you guys know. That would actually be pretty humorous lol. At least I'm going to committee. Could be worse. I'll probably be doing the June LSAT and a petition, but we'll cross that inevitable bridge when we come to it ^_^


Good Luck, Redlighter! You never know unless you try! :D

redlighter
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby redlighter » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:48 am

papalew wrote:Does anyone know the current timetable for a decision? Everything is in but they still said 4-6 weeks to process and another 2-3 or something for a decision. Is this accurate?

163/2.8

Any guess on my chances?


With the LSAT, you have a good chance

hetherlys
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby hetherlys » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:18 am

redlighter wrote:You all are going to think I lack a certain degree of sanity, but I have applied to Stetson with a 3.37/146 combination. I have virtually no chance of getting in, but I applied for kicks because I live in the Tampa Bay area and it is my first choice school. I have put in three back-ups though; Barry, Ave Maria, and FAMU. My writing background is pretty solid, and I majored in political science with a preponderance of philosophy electives. As mentioned, it's a bold move to apply to Stetson with anything less than a 150, but if by some miraculous occurrence I get accepted, I'll let you guys know. That would actually be pretty humorous lol. At least I'm going to committee. Could be worse. I'll probably be doing the June LSAT and a petition, but we'll cross that inevitable bridge when we come to it ^_^



I'm going in with a 154 (taken cold, I'm a full time mom, student, and paralegal -- what is this free time people have to prepare for standardized exams?) I was hoping that applying to the PT program will help, along with stellar rec letters and statement. Who knows, if I have to retake the LSAT, I'll retake it.

Best of Luck Redlighter :)

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:39 am

hetherlys wrote:
redlighter wrote:You all are going to think I lack a certain degree of sanity, but I have applied to Stetson with a 3.37/146 combination. I have virtually no chance of getting in, but I applied for kicks because I live in the Tampa Bay area and it is my first choice school. I have put in three back-ups though; Barry, Ave Maria, and FAMU. My writing background is pretty solid, and I majored in political science with a preponderance of philosophy electives. As mentioned, it's a bold move to apply to Stetson with anything less than a 150, but if by some miraculous occurrence I get accepted, I'll let you guys know. That would actually be pretty humorous lol. At least I'm going to committee. Could be worse. I'll probably be doing the June LSAT and a petition, but we'll cross that inevitable bridge when we come to it ^_^



I'm going in with a 154 (taken cold, I'm a full time mom, student, and paralegal -- what is this free time people have to prepare for standardized exams?) I was hoping that applying to the PT program will help, along with stellar rec letters and statement. Who knows, if I have to retake the LSAT, I'll retake it.

Best of Luck Redlighter :)


Your softs will help but unless your a URM I would retake the LSAT. I took it cold the first time and got a 154 also, then took it cold AGAIN without studying (and just from familiarity of the test) got a 163. Theres no harm in trying :D GL!

hetherlys
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby hetherlys » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Barbie wrote:
hetherlys wrote:
redlighter wrote:You all are going to think I lack a certain degree of sanity, but I have applied to Stetson with a 3.37/146 combination. I have virtually no chance of getting in, but I applied for kicks because I live in the Tampa Bay area and it is my first choice school. I have put in three back-ups though; Barry, Ave Maria, and FAMU. My writing background is pretty solid, and I majored in political science with a preponderance of philosophy electives. As mentioned, it's a bold move to apply to Stetson with anything less than a 150, but if by some miraculous occurrence I get accepted, I'll let you guys know. That would actually be pretty humorous lol. At least I'm going to committee. Could be worse. I'll probably be doing the June LSAT and a petition, but we'll cross that inevitable bridge when we come to it ^_^



I'm going in with a 154 (taken cold, I'm a full time mom, student, and paralegal -- what is this free time people have to prepare for standardized exams?) I was hoping that applying to the PT program will help, along with stellar rec letters and statement. Who knows, if I have to retake the LSAT, I'll retake it.

Best of Luck Redlighter :)


Your softs will help but unless your a URM I would retake the LSAT. I took it cold the first time and got a 154 also, then took it cold AGAIN without studying (and just from familiarity of the test) got a 163. Theres no harm in trying :D GL!


I don't remember the cut off for the June LSAT test date, but I plan on registering again. Finding time to do it in December (during finals) and February was just not possible. I figured I'd find out what Stetson does with me first. At this point, if I have to wait a year and apply after receiving a better score, it's not going to hurt me too much -- it's already taken me 13 years to finish my UG.

redlighter
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Postby redlighter » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:06 am

You guys are WAY beyond me in understanding the lingo and ins and outs of the admissions process. I had never even heard the terms "splitter" or "URM" until yesterday, and I still don't know what a URM is. I feel like I've tackled the LSAT the best I can. I don't perform well under timed conditions, and I hope the rest of my packet compensates for my relatively low score. I definitely wish good luck to everyone; props to some of your LSAT scores. I couldn't even conceive of scores in the upper 150's and 160's lol. Like I said, if Stetson wants to take a 146 with a unique package enough, they will. Nothing is stopping them. Ball's in their court 8)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: euler, henryyou and 8 guests