Stetson 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
papalew

New

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Post by papalew » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:11 am

jdwishes wrote:
hetherlys wrote:
jdwishes wrote:Hetherlys, have you spoken with Admissions? Have they given you any idea of a time frame when you will hear something? Good news coming soon I'm sure!
I called last week and was told i should hear something by the end of the week and to call in beginning of this week....called this week and was told that it looked that they had been doing something with it and I should have a decision by the end of the week. At this point, I can't do anything but laugh at the situation...they'll eventually tell me!
OMG, that's painful! Maybe they extended the deadline just so they could process their current apps...LOL. I feel your pain; the wait was excruciating. Hang in there and keep us posted!
I called yesterday bc Im in the same boat as hetherlys. Ive been in review for almost a month. All they said was to wait and they are just backed up. My letter for UF shipped this week and I already was accepted at FAMU and FSU so I dont know how much longer I can wait. Stetson is my top choice but not if I have to wait until June. :-(

jdwishes

New

Post by jdwishes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:12 pm

papalew wrote:
jdwishes wrote:
hetherlys wrote:
jdwishes wrote:Hetherlys, have you spoken with Admissions? Have they given you any idea of a time frame when you will hear something? Good news coming soon I'm sure!
I called last week and was told i should hear something by the end of the week and to call in beginning of this week....called this week and was told that it looked that they had been doing something with it and I should have a decision by the end of the week. At this point, I can't do anything but laugh at the situation...they'll eventually tell me!
OMG, that's painful! Maybe they extended the deadline just so they could process their current apps...LOL. I feel your pain; the wait was excruciating. Hang in there and keep us posted!
I called yesterday bc Im in the same boat as hetherlys. Ive been in review for almost a month. All they said was to wait and they are just backed up. My letter for UF shipped this week and I already was accepted at FAMU and FSU so I dont know how much longer I can wait. Stetson is my top choice but not if I have to wait until June. :-(
I hope the other schools are giving you an extended deadline to accept/withdraw while you wait on Stetson...that is brutal. For both of you to be accepted at FSU is a REALLY good sign for acceptance to Stetson. I hope you hear this week!

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:14 pm

quote]

I hope the other schools are giving you an extended deadline to accept/withdraw while you wait on Stetson...that is brutal. For both of you to be accepted at FSU is a REALLY good sign for acceptance to Stetson. I hope you hear this week![/quote]

Hi, JD! Will you definitely be attending Stetson?

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:30 pm

I haven't had time to read through the entire packet I just received in the mail, but I did see the deposit card to send back.

For those that already deposited, did you send a check with the card, or is there an option to pay online? (I paid another school's first deposit while still waiting on Stetson, and I was able to pay that one online.)

jdwishes

New

Post by jdwishes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey LawBound11! I will be at Stetson this fall. :) Unfortunately, Stetson doesn't have the option to pay the seat deposit online. So I mailed the check with the card.

Congrats again!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jdwishes

New

Post by jdwishes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Btw, for any USF alumni on here, I was passed all around the phones yesterday to locate where to submit the Dean's Certification Form and I finally got the right office and person. The form goes to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. If you fill out the top portion of the form and fax it to them, they will complete the rest and fax it back to Stetson. Their fax # is: 813-974-7383

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:55 pm

papalew wrote:
jdwishes wrote: I called yesterday bc Im in the same boat as hetherlys. Ive been in review for almost a month. All they said was to wait and they are just backed up. My letter for UF shipped this week and I already was accepted at FAMU and FSU so I dont know how much longer I can wait. Stetson is my top choice but not if I have to wait until June. :-(
I hope the other schools are giving you an extended deadline to accept/withdraw while you wait on Stetson...that is brutal. For both of you to be accepted at FSU is a REALLY good sign for acceptance to Stetson. I hope you hear this week!
I haven't been accepted anywhere because Stetson was my only application (I can't sell my house, I've only had it 9 months! I also don't want to relocate my family). But you're right, I think if papalew was accepted at FSU (and possibly UF) there's no doubt he (she?) will get int at Stetson!

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm

jdwishes wrote:Btw, for any USF alumni on here, I was passed all around the phones yesterday to locate where to submit the Dean's Certification Form and I finally got the right office and person. The form goes to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. If you fill out the top portion of the form and fax it to them, they will complete the rest and fax it back to Stetson. Their fax # is: 813-974-7383
Thanks! I experienced the same back and forth just trying to get a transcript sent to LSAC.

jdwishes

New

Post by jdwishes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:06 pm

hetherlys wrote:
papalew wrote:
jdwishes wrote: I called yesterday bc Im in the same boat as hetherlys. Ive been in review for almost a month. All they said was to wait and they are just backed up. My letter for UF shipped this week and I already was accepted at FAMU and FSU so I dont know how much longer I can wait. Stetson is my top choice but not if I have to wait until June. :-(
I haven't been accepted anywhere because Stetson was my only application (I can't sell my house, I've only had it 9 months! I also don't want to relocate my family). But you're right, I think if papalew was accepted at FSU (and possibly UF) there's no doubt he (she?) will get int at Stetson!
Ahh I see...well, sending LOTS of positive thoughts for the good news to be this week! (Otherwise, tell them next week you may show up in-person offering to help process apps.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:15 pm

jdwishes wrote:
hetherlys wrote:
papalew wrote:
Ahh I see...well, sending LOTS of positive thoughts for the good news to be this week! (Otherwise, tell them next week you may show up in-person offering to help process apps.)
+1

I'll be in the area next week too; I'm more than willing to help get yours through the process, too!! :)

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:12 am

hetherlys wrote:
jdwishes wrote:Btw, for any USF alumni on here, I was passed all around the phones yesterday to locate where to submit the Dean's Certification Form and I finally got the right office and person. The form goes to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. If you fill out the top portion of the form and fax it to them, they will complete the rest and fax it back to Stetson. Their fax # is: 813-974-7383
Thanks! I experienced the same back and forth just trying to get a transcript sent to LSAC.
My UG said I have to personally bring the form by "because we don't know who it's coming from if you don't."

What? :x :roll:

My UG is about an hour from me, I work full time, and the office closes at 5pm. I'll have to actually take off work early one day to bring this over there now.

Does anyone know when it's due, exactly?

jdwishes

New

Post by jdwishes » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 am

LawBound11 wrote:
hetherlys wrote:
My UG said I have to personally bring the form by "because we don't know who it's coming from if you don't."

What? :x :roll:

My UG is about an hour from me, I work full time, and the office closes at 5pm. I'll have to actually take off work early one day to bring this over there now.

Does anyone know when it's due, exactly?
I haven't seen anything about a formal deadline; I'm guessing they probably just need it for our file and before the semester starts. What a pain to have to bring it in person...who else would be submitting a request like that?! :roll: You'd think they would allow you to fax it with a copy of your student ID or drivers license...

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Has anyone had any luck negotiating scholarhip after receiving something from a same tier school? (I know someone was told a while ago that they were out of money, but maybe that has changed after seat deadlines.)

Stetson is still my top choice, but I just got an offer from a school that I already have in-state tuition for...all three years at this other school would be about 1/3 of paying OOP at Stetson.

So stressed out right now... :? I know it can't hurt to email Stetson and ask; I was just accepted last week, so I'm not sure if they're still giving anything out or not.

ETA - Anyone that did email, did you email Fin Aid, or someone specific? Please feel free to PM this if you don't want to answer here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:37 pm

LawBound11 wrote:Has anyone had any luck negotiating scholarhip after receiving something from a same tier school? (I know someone was told a while ago that they were out of money, but maybe that has changed after seat deadlines.)

Stetson is still my top choice, but I just got an offer from a school that I already have in-state tuition for...all three years at this other school would be about 1/3 of paying OOP at Stetson.

So stressed out right now... :? I know it can't hurt to email Stetson and ask; I was just accepted last week, so I'm not sure if they're still giving anything out or not.

ETA - Anyone that did email, did you email Fin Aid, or someone specific? Please feel free to PM this if you don't want to answer here.
It definitely doesn't hurt to ask. You're not doing anything wrong, just trying to secure your future.

papalew

New

Post by papalew » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:32 pm

4 weeks complete, still nothing. Did they go on a second spring break or something ??

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:34 pm

papalew wrote:4 weeks complete, still nothing. Did they go on a second spring break or something ??
Tomorrow will be the second Friday in the "you should hear something by Friday" process. Hahaha.

What'd you find out from UF?

papalew

New

Post by papalew » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 pm

hetherlys wrote:
papalew wrote:4 weeks complete, still nothing. Did they go on a second spring break or something ??
Tomorrow will be the second Friday in the "you should hear something by Friday" process. Hahaha.

What'd you find out from UF?
Not yet. For some reason they have yet to embrace the status checker or email. Its all snail mail for the Gators.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Anyone get $ who was only above one of the two medians? I'm beginning to think money goes exclusively for gaming the rankings.

jess

Post by jess » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:50 pm

In honor of my second "you should hear something by Friday"...who wants to bet a dollar on what happens?

I'm betting I don't. If you win, you'll owe a dollar less than sticker at Stetson!

:P

--edit-- Not more than 5 people can bet against me since I'll be paying sticker if accepted!

--second edit--Totally kidding.
Last edited by hetherlys on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:03 pm

hetherlys wrote:In honor of my second "you should hear something by Friday"...who wants to bet a dollar on what happens?

I'm betting I don't. If you win, you'll owe a dollar less than sticker at Stetson!

--edit-- Not more than 5 people can bet against me since I'll be paying sticker if accepted!
Haha you made me chuckle! I wish you all the luck and I hope life brings you good news tomorrow or soon ;)!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:04 pm

hetherlys wrote:In honor of my second "you should hear something by Friday"...who wants to bet a dollar on what happens?

I'm not sure I can actually spare a dollar (yay, sticker! :D) but I'm going to go against you just because I'm hoping you finally hear something!

GL!!!

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:06 pm

LawBound11 wrote:

I'm not sure I can actually spare a dollar (yay, sticker! :D) but I'm going to go against you just because I'm hoping you finally hear something!

GL!!!

LOL Ok, but you'll have to show up at Stetson to collect! :P

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:08 pm

singingkris wrote:

Haha you made me chuckle! I wish you all the luck and I hope life brings you good news tomorrow or soon ;)!
Thanks! Having a sense of humor about the situation helps!

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:17 pm

LawBound11 wrote:

GL!!!
Glad I'm not the only one paying sticker!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”