Stetson 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pearlmc

New

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Post by pearlmc » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Because with a 3.4 GPA & 164 LSAT the assumption was that you would not be matriculating at Stetson. You are an automatic admit at Florida & FSU, for example.
I saw plenty of people with higher numbers get a lot of money from them! And I visited and kept emailing them showing them I was really interested. I don't know...maybe something was wrong with my application, but it was frustrating that they kept telling me I would be getting something then got nothing.

And I'd like to be an automatic admit at Florida but I'm still at no decision reached. A girl can hope though--especially since I didn't get money from Stetson!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:11 am

lawschoolnumbers.com graphs shows all 164s as admits at Florida. All 163s & above admitted at Florida & all 161s & above admitted at FSU this cycle.

pearlmc

New

Post by pearlmc » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:22 am

CanadianWolf wrote:lawschoolnumbers.com graphs shows all 164s as admits at Florida. All 163s & above admitted at Florida & all 161s & above admitted at FSU this cycle.
Yeah, I've been looking at that for months. Hopefully it will stay that way and I will be admitted but since I've been waiting so long, I'm not overly confident.

And yes, I am more than likely going to FSU...I was accepted there a long time ago. But the logic that Stetson shouldn't give me money just because I'm going to be accepted at FSU and UF doesn't make sense. A lot of people choose a lower ranked school bc they get money from them and I made it clear to the admissions office at Stetson I would do the same. Guess that didn't matter.

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 am

pearlmc wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:lawschoolnumbers.com graphs shows all 164s as admits at Florida. All 163s & above admitted at Florida & all 161s & above admitted at FSU this cycle.
Yeah, I've been looking at that for months. Hopefully it will stay that way and I will be admitted but since I've been waiting so long, I'm not overly confident.

And yes, I am more than likely going to FSU...I was accepted there a long time ago. But the logic that Stetson shouldn't give me money just because I'm going to be accepted at FSU and UF doesn't make sense. A lot of people choose a lower ranked school bc they get money from them and I made it clear to the admissions office at Stetson I would do the same. Guess that didn't matter.
Sent a PM. :)

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:29 am

Is there a decision yet? Is there a decision yet? Is there a decision yet? How about now? Now? Nooooow?

Okay -- the crazy is done now. Thanks for playing.

Edit--the crazy being the impatient whining...still no decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:10 am

hetherlys wrote:Is there a decision yet? Is there a decision yet? Is there a decision yet? How about now? Now? Nooooow?

Don't lie; the crazy won't be done until you have a decision!

(I'm doing the same; don't worry!)

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:13 am

LawBound11 wrote:
hetherlys wrote:Is there a decision yet? Is there a decision yet? Is there a decision yet? How about now? Now? Nooooow?

Don't lie; the crazy won't be done until you have a decision!

(I'm doing the same; don't worry!)

Oh so true!

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Just admitted, yes, on a Saturday. Applied at the beginning of March and complete last week. Part-time program. 159/3.18(3.41), strong softs. I won't be attending, but hope to be a visiting student at some point.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 am

pearlmc wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Because with a 3.4 GPA & 164 LSAT the assumption was that you would not be matriculating at Stetson. You are an automatic admit at Florida & FSU, for example.
I saw plenty of people with higher numbers get a lot of money from them! And I visited and kept emailing them showing them I was really interested. I don't know...maybe something was wrong with my application, but it was frustrating that they kept telling me I would be getting something then got nothing.

And I'd like to be an automatic admit at Florida but I'm still at no decision reached. A girl can hope though--especially since I didn't get money from Stetson!
Was something wrong with your app? Some kind of disciplinary or criminal record? Did you write a ridiculous PS? I have similar numbers but 163 and was accepted first round at UF, FSU with $$ and Stetson with almost a full ride- and your numbers are a bit better than mine so I can't imagine whats going on-- unless you just applied really late in the game, which goes to show the benefits of applying early!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 am

I was also admitted on Saturday for the Full Time program. I need to make up my mind between Florida International University and Stetson now and possibly University of Miami (alternate for admissions).

I live 35min from FIU and 45 from UM, so I'll probably go with FIU or UM unless someone can convince me otherwise?

I was a 3.44/157.

pearlmc

New

Post by pearlmc » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 am

Barbie wrote:
pearlmc wrote:

Was something wrong with your app? Some kind of disciplinary or criminal record? Did you write a ridiculous PS? I have similar numbers but 163 and was accepted first round at UF, FSU with $$ and Stetson with almost a full ride- and your numbers are a bit better than mine so I can't imagine whats going on-- unless you just applied really late in the game, which goes to show the benefits of applying early!
Honestly I don't know! I don't think anything was wrong with my app! No criminal or disciplinary record. And I thought my PS was alright...probably nothing spectacular since I'm coming straight from undergrad, but I don't think it was ridiculous! And I mean I pretty much got accepted where I was expecting (even though I haven't heard from UF yet)...it was money that I didn't get that I was hoping for. I applied the end of November. So I don't think that was really late...not as early as some, but I don't think it's considered late!

Oh I don't know if the fact that I'm OOS at all of these Florida schools makes any difference. Someone along the way said it might factor in. I dont know though!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Sorry ab that :( I'm sure you still have a lot of good options! Did anyone go to the open house? I'd really like to know how it went. I may pretend I'm not considering Stetson, but every time I spend a night on St. Pete beach, I seriously reconsider. Last night I had a few pitchers at the Wharf with my feet hanging off the dock. Ahh I adore St. Pete! <3

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:52 am

Barbie wrote:Sorry ab that :( I'm sure you still have a lot of good options! Did anyone go to the open house? I'd really like to know how it went. I may pretend I'm not considering Stetson, but every time I spend a night on St. Pete beach, I seriously reconsider. Last night I had a few pitchers at the Wharf with my feet hanging off the dock. Ahh I adore St. Pete! <3
This weekend was the first time that I have spent much time in St. Pete, I love it! Went out Fri night then brunch at some spot by a marina. I usually just commute to and from Gulfport/Tampa, but will def spend more time on that side of the bay during my next 2 years at Stetson...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:32 am

GATORTIM wrote:
Barbie wrote:Sorry ab that :( I'm sure you still have a lot of good options! Did anyone go to the open house? I'd really like to know how it went. I may pretend I'm not considering Stetson, but every time I spend a night on St. Pete beach, I seriously reconsider. Last night I had a few pitchers at the Wharf with my feet hanging off the dock. Ahh I adore St. Pete! <3
This weekend was the first time that I have spent much time in St. Pete, I love it! Went out Fri night then brunch at some spot by a marina. I usually just commute to and from Gulfport/Tampa, but will def spend more time on that side of the bay during my next 2 years at Stetson...
Toldja :) Holler if you need some recommendations of where to go! I've spent mannnny nights there :)

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Hoping for a decision this week...I'm surprised the status checker hasn't crashed considering how many times I've used that website.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm headed to Stetson on Wed.! Someone just told me that their new 1L median is 3.4. Can anyone verify this??????

Gatortim- Will you be around there on Wed? I was thinking if your free would you go to lunch with my husband and I? :)

papalew

New

Post by papalew » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:43 pm

LawBound11 wrote:Hoping for a decision this week...I'm surprised the status checker hasn't crashed considering how many times I've used that website.
I'm in the same boat. Best of luck! I'll post as soon as I find out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Barbie wrote:I'm headed to Stetson on Wed.! Someone just told me that their new 1L median is 3.4. Can anyone verify this??????

Gatortim- Will you be around there on Wed? I was thinking if your free would you go to lunch with my husband and I? :)
bump

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:20 pm

papalew wrote:
LawBound11 wrote:Hoping for a decision this week...I'm surprised the status checker hasn't crashed considering how many times I've used that website.
I'm in the same boat. Best of luck! I'll post as soon as I find out.
Ditto to the both of you :)

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Barbie wrote:I'm headed to Stetson on Wed.! Someone just told me that their new 1L median is 3.4. Can anyone verify this??????

Sure will...

All.freakin.day actually.

Hit me up.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 pm

GATORTIM wrote:

Sure will...

All.freakin.day actually.

Hit me up.
I forgot your real name and can't facebook you! lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

papalew

New

Post by papalew » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Anybody see any movement this week?

jdwishes

New

Post by jdwishes » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:07 pm

I wonder if any slowdown in movement is related to Admissions waiting to see how many admitted students commit deposits by the 4/15 deadline...

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:32 pm

jdwishes wrote:I wonder if any slowdown in movement is related to Admissions waiting to see how many admitted students commit deposits by the 4/15 deadline...
I just sent a PM when I meant to respond to this...I'm out of caffeine and my brain hurts.

I spoke to the admissions office yesterday and she indicated that they were a little backed up. She also said that "waiting was to your advantage" -- that doesn't extend to your sanity.

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:52 pm

There is definitely movement!

I checked my status all morning, and it was still in review. It changed to Decision Rendered, Email Sent around early, early afternoon (before 12pm central) and I got my acceptance email about 45 minutes ago! (So, it took under three hours for the turn around.)

I'M IN!!

Good luck to the rest of you waiting!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”