Stetson 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LawBound11

Bronze

Re: Stetson 2011 Applicants

Post by LawBound11 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:33 pm

flgator10 wrote:
LawBound11 wrote:
hetherlys wrote:In honor of my second "you should hear something by Friday"...who wants to bet a dollar on what happens?

I'm betting I don't. If you win, you'll owe a dollar less than sticker at Stetson!

:P

--edit-- Not more than 5 people can bet against me since I'll be paying sticker if accepted!
I'm not sure I can actually spare a dollar (yay, sticker! :D) but I'm going to go against you just because I'm hoping you finally hear something!

GL!!!
Glad I'm not the only one paying sticker!
New club? "We Dig in the Sand on any Beach to find Quarters....well, really, any change."

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 am

LawBound11 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:
LawBound11 wrote:
hetherlys wrote:In honor of my second "you should hear something by Friday"...who wants to bet a dollar on what happens?

I'm betting I don't. If you win, you'll owe a dollar less than sticker at Stetson!

:P

--edit-- Not more than 5 people can bet against me since I'll be paying sticker if accepted!
I'm not sure I can actually spare a dollar (yay, sticker! :D) but I'm going to go against you just because I'm hoping you finally hear something!

GL!!!
Glad I'm not the only one paying sticker!
New club? "We Dig in the Sand on any Beach to find Quarters....well, really, any change."
Let's not forget the weekly "walking around to collect aluminum cans" meeting!

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:50 am

[

New club? "We Dig in the Sand on any Beach to find Quarters....well, really, any change."[/quote]

Let's not forget the weekly "walking around to collect aluminum cans" meeting![/quote]

Oh! We can host those meetings back to back....I'll have to find extra time to participate in both between studying...must eat somehow! :D

floridaman

New

Post by floridaman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:02 pm

All hope should not be lost in receiving a scholarship, I was just awarded one this week!!!

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm

floridaman wrote:All hope should not be lost in receiving a scholarship, I was just awarded one this week!!!
When you make an announcement like that...you know you have to provide details! :P

Numbers? When did you apply?

Oh and CONGRATS!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jdwishes

New

Post by jdwishes » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm

floridaman wrote:All hope should not be lost in receiving a scholarship, I was just awarded one this week!!!
Congrats on your scholly!! :D

Do you mind sharing if your numbers are at or above their 75% percentile and how long ago you were accepted?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:26 pm

It would help to know your numbers & the award amount & whether or not it contained stipulations to maintain the scholarship. Thanks !

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:46 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:It would help to know your numbers & the award amount & whether or not it contained stipulations to maintain the scholarship. Thanks !
+1

Did you receive the information via email, mail, or Fed-Ex?

Please share when you were accepted, too.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:48 pm

lawschoolnumbers.com shows applicants with LSAT scores as low as 152 & 157 receiving scholarship awards from Stetson. Stetson needs more applicants & more matriculants as shown by their application extension to July 1st.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:35 pm

I had a 167 and didnt get a scholarship, pfft

papalew

New

Post by papalew » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Almost end of the work day on the second Friday of "you should hear something by Friday". WL at UF via the mail today. No Stetson decision in sight. Hetherlys, I know you feel my pain. This is getting ridiculous. Congrats to all those who got accepted, esp those with $$!!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:41 pm

With a LSAT score of 167, the expectation is that you will be attending a highly ranked law school = my best guess. Plus, you qualify for a very large scholarship award from Indiana.

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:52 pm

papalew wrote:Almost end of the work day on the second Friday of "you should hear something by Friday". WL at UF via the mail today. No Stetson decision in sight. Hetherlys, I know you feel my pain. This is getting ridiculous. Congrats to all those who got accepted, esp those with $$!!
I'm thinking a pitcher of sangria will make me feel better...too bad you're not closer!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:With a LSAT score of 167, the expectation is that you will be attending a highly ranked law school = my best guess. Plus, you qualify for a very large scholarship award from Indiana.
But, what if my baby mama lived in St Pete ? And what if I wasnt on TLS and wasnt aware you could negotiate scholarships ? And what if I thought Stetson's international opportunities were for me ? I could have been seriously considering Stetson and their no offer would have sent me elsewhere.

lol.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Enjoy Georgia.

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Just got the IN call from FSU. Unless Stetson gave me a full or near full I would go with FSU for my Florida option. I guess I have nothing to lose so I might as well tell them that. Then they could say thanks but good luck at wherever you go and I could free up a spot on their board.

cc07d

New

Post by cc07d » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:04 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:Just got the IN call from FSU. Unless Stetson gave me a full or near full I would go with FSU for my Florida option. I guess I have nothing to lose so I might as well tell them that. Then they could say thanks but good luck at wherever you go and I could free up a spot on their board.
+1

I'm in the same boat at this point. Would like to go to Stetson, but just can't justify the sticker now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kelton

New

Post by Kelton » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 pm

bmili wrote:Ill be applying next cylce, but did anyone submit those new evaluations to Stetson? I know that Stetson recommends on their website and on LSAC to submit 2 but am not sure if they are really that important.
I did not submit any evaluations and didn't complete my application until like the middle of March.

hetherlys

New

Post by hetherlys » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:35 pm

SURPRISE!

I heard nada by Friday (although there is 2.5 hours left, but I'm not holding my breath)!

Here's to hearing something by NEXT Friday!

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 pm

hetherlys wrote:SURPRISE!

I heard nada by Friday (although there is 2.5 hours left, but I'm not holding my breath)!

Here's to hearing something by NEXT Friday!
The calendar showed they were open, but maybe they didn't do a typical workload with it being Good Friday?

Good vibes to you for next week!!!

floridaman

New

Post by floridaman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:10 am

Sorry, I am new to the website (that was actually my very first post) and was unaware of the customary stipulations that go along with announcing a scholarship award....I was just so excited I felt I had to tell the world! I applied in December and received an LSAT score below their 75%ile. I received by FedEx along with a phone call, it is for 10K. I have not read the stips but I think I just have to remain in good academic standing.

Thanks for the congrats everyone, this truly gives me an addt'l boost of confidence to begin my legal education! :D
Good luck to you all!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:26 pm

floridaman wrote:

Sorry, I am new to the website (that was actually my very first post) and was unaware of the customary stipulations that go along with announcing a scholarship award....I was just so excited I felt I had to tell the world! I applied in December and received an LSAT score below their 75%ile. I received by FedEx along with a phone call, it is for 10K. I have not read the stips but I think I just have to remain in good academic standing.

Thanks for the congrats everyone, this truly gives me an addt'l boost of confidence to begin my legal education! :D
Good luck to you all!
Congrats, again!

Do you mind sharing when you were admitted?

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Withdrew. Freed up no $, at all.

floridaman

New

Post by floridaman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:03 pm

LawBound11 wrote:
floridaman wrote:

Good luck to you all!
Congrats, again!

Late January

LawBound11

Bronze

Post by LawBound11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:05 pm

floridaman wrote:
LawBound11 wrote:
floridaman wrote:

Good luck to you all!
Congrats, again!

Late January
Great; thanks! I was just accepted two weeks ago (tomorrow), so fingers still crossed!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”