GULC PT

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mistermister
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

GULC PT

Postby mistermister » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Has anybody heard from GULC PT? Did you apply to just PT or the either option?

What are the generally regarded LSAT and GPA "floors" to be competitive for PT?

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: GULC PT

Postby MissLucky » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:41 pm

mistermister wrote:Has anybody heard from GULC PT? Did you apply to just PT or the either option?

What are the generally regarded LSAT and GPA "floors" to be competitive for PT?


none, really. it's probably the most unpredictable program.

mistermister
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: GULC PT

Postby mistermister » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:51 pm

MissLucky wrote:
mistermister wrote:Has anybody heard from GULC PT? Did you apply to just PT or the either option?

What are the generally regarded LSAT and GPA "floors" to be competitive for PT?


none, really. it's probably the most unpredictable program.


interesting. what makes you say that?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: GULC PT

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:53 pm

mistermister wrote:interesting. what makes you say that?

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: GULC PT

Postby MissLucky » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 pm

mistermister wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
mistermister wrote:Has anybody heard from GULC PT? Did you apply to just PT or the either option?

What are the generally regarded LSAT and GPA "floors" to be competitive for PT?


none, really. it's probably the most unpredictable program.


interesting. what makes you say that?


i was part of that cycle last year and saw a couple people with very low LSATs (some 161s with 3.7 gpa or so and significant time out of college) get in, while several, if not many people with relatively higher LSATs (168s and 169s with 3.4 or 3.5ish GPAs) get WLed or straight up denied. It's uncertain what they tend to value - maybe work experience, maybe a compelling reason for being in the pt program, maybe age, but maybe not, since those numbers now count in the US News rankings. there is no clear rubric and people who matched and even surpassed the medians were WLed and straight up dinged while people who were below their medians were accepted. so it's hard to gauge a real pattern.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nickel94 and 9 guests