Loyola LA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
golfer89

Re: Loyola LA 2011

Postby golfer89 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:29 pm

red_alertz wrote:Do you guys actually see "decision rendered" in status checker? all i ever see is application is complete and ready for review bulabula, nothing else, and said it will not be done by e-mail, only through USPS and such

don't worry, it switches to a totally different screen once a decision has been rendered, you wouldn't miss it.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 pm

golfer89 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:Do you guys actually see "decision rendered" in status checker? all i ever see is application is complete and ready for review bulabula, nothing else, and said it will not be done by e-mail, only through USPS and such

don't worry, it switches to a totally different screen once a decision has been rendered, you wouldn't miss it.

oh thanks, how long did it take for loyola to process your app? it's a reach for me, and it's been a while now so i am quite worried

golfer89

Postby golfer89 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:35 pm

red_alertz wrote:
golfer89 wrote:

oh thanks, how long did it take for loyola to process your app? it's a reach for me, and it's been a while now so i am quite worried

i applied on 1/10, complete 1/21, decision rendered 2/4...i'm really hoping to get my letter tomorrow (and so are my roommates so that i stop talking about it/stalking the mailbox!)

my stats are 161/3.57

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:42 pm

golfer89 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:
golfer89 wrote:

i applied on 1/10, complete 1/21, decision rendered 2/4...i'm really hoping to get my letter tomorrow (and so are my roommates so that i stop talking about it/stalking the mailbox!)

my stats are 161/3.57

darn I submitted late november/early december... sigh sigh... too bad admissions office won't be impressed my god-like and holy-shit streaks on dota in college

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 pm

golfer89 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:
golfer89 wrote:

my stats are 161/3.57

Exact same dates for me. 165/3.60

Siamsa414

Postby Siamsa414 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Decision rendered 2/4, received big fat envelope today. In with $69K! :D

Postby 2807 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:40 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Pleasye wrote:
2807 wrote:I have been complete since mid November. Does the status ever change before a letter comes?

I am a reverse splitter hoping for the best with my 3.86 and 20 years W/E and softs...

Thanks

I think the status checker only changes to say that your letter is in the mail. What's your LSAT? My friend had a high GPA low LSAT and got into Loyola. Her GPA might have been a tad higher than yours.

I am a reverse splitter and got in with 23k/year. I think you have a good shot at Loyola. Is your LSAT at least above 160?

Sadly, I am south of 160.. north of 150. Guess I will just keeeeeeep waiting. If they like W/E and softs then I am strong. If LSAT is the king I am weak. As of now, I am ignored... almost 3 months.

Southwestern is good for me. For DA/PD I am thinking there may not be a major difference. My experience and resume may carry me more than the school--between LLS and SW. Any of you considering Southwestern?

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 am

I transfered from Southwestern to Loyola.

How many times have you taken the LSAT? Do you have to go to school next year?

Loyola has better Evidence professors than Southwestern (Levenson, Gold), and Evidence the most important subject for any DA/PD.

fencod

Postby fencod » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:35 am

I found out on 2/7 that I got accepted. I hadn't even been checking my status because I didn't even get my app in till early/mid January, so I was surprised to hear that a letter arrived. They also offered 87k (top 30% contingency) scholarship.

Not my first choice, but I am trying to warm up to the idea of living in LA.

dey206

Postby dey206 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:18 am

Current Status: Admissions Committee Review Pending

anyone else see this? I applied 1/15 was complete 1/31

Loyola Trojan

Postby Loyola Trojan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 am

dey206 wrote:Current Status: Admissions Committee Review Pending

numbers? that's insane, good for you

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 am

fencod wrote:I found out on 2/7 that I got accepted. I hadn't even been checking my status because I didn't even get my app in till early/mid January, so I was surprised to hear that a letter arrived. They also offered 87k (top 30% contingency) scholarship.

LA has a lot of good perks. I really thought I was going to live there for law school (until UCLA put me on the WL) and once you get past the sprawl and traffic it's actually a great city with a ton to see and do.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Decision rendered yesterday (2/9). Is there any way to figure out if it's an admit or not? Like, should I be able to log onto an admitted students site now or anything like that? Ugh, I don't want to wait for this packet!

kitchuel

Postby kitchuel » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:08 pm

I have been complete since 1/14 and still no status change. I'm becoming a little worried seeing these acceptances!

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:15 pm

kitchuel wrote:I have been complete since 1/14 and still no status change. I'm becoming a little worried seeing these acceptances!

not to worry, i completed since december, nothing...

dey206

Postby dey206 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Loyola Trojan wrote:
dey206 wrote:Current Status: Admissions Committee Review Pending

numbers? that's insane, good for you

not sure if its good, 157 gpa below 25% :cry:

Midnight Rider

Postby Midnight Rider » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:44 pm

I must have offended the gods somehow. App was transmitted in the first week of November, I got my status checker email the next week, and then crickets...nothing since..just "Complete" ever since on status check. LSAT > 75%, GPA < 25%. Surely some of you 4.0 Urban Achievers' GPAs can balance out my subpar showing from my teenage years. I even flew cross-country to take the tour (and see the Lakers) in December. Image

Loyola Trojan

Postby Loyola Trojan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Taking
way
too
long

I've
already
heard
from
better
schools
that I submitted to way later.
:shock:

Come on Loyola.

fragged

Postby fragged » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Midnight Rider wrote:I must have offended the gods somehow. App was transmitted in the first week of November, I got my status checker email the next week, and then crickets...nothing since..just "Complete" ever since on status check. LSAT > 75%, GPA < 25%. Surely some of you 4.0 Urban Achievers' GPAs can balance out my subpar showing from my teenage years. I even flew cross-country to take the tour (and see the Lakers) in December. Image

If it makes you feel better, I am LSAT >75%, GPA <25% also. I submitted on October 7th. I have a 'complete' on status checker and nothing since then.

I guess they're waiting to see if there is anything better coming through the pipeline.

fencod

Postby fencod » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:16 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
fencod wrote:I found out on 2/7 that I got accepted. I hadn't even been checking my status because I didn't even get my app in till early/mid January, so I was surprised to hear that a letter arrived. They also offered 87k (top 30% contingency) scholarship.

LA has a lot of good perks. I really thought I was going to live there for law school (until UCLA put me on the WL) and once you get past the sprawl and traffic it's actually a great city with a ton to see and do.

Yeah, I know LA can be awesome. I've spent quite a bit of time there since that is where both my parents grew up. It's just that I can't break the association between the city of LA and traveling down there for weddings/funerals/bar mitzvahs. On the bright side, my family owns some apartment buildings in the Valley, so if the commute doesn't prove to be too much, then I can have my own free apartment while I go to Loyola.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm

fragged wrote:
Midnight Rider wrote:I must have offended the gods somehow. App was transmitted in the first week of November, I got my status checker email the next week, and then crickets...nothing since..just "Complete" ever since on status check. LSAT > 75%, GPA < 25%. Surely some of you 4.0 Urban Achievers' GPAs can balance out my subpar showing from my teenage years. I even flew cross-country to take the tour (and see the Lakers) in December.

If it makes you feel better, I am LSAT >75%, GPA <25% also. I submitted on October 7th. I have a 'complete' on status checker and nothing since then.

I guess they're waiting to see if there is anything better coming through the pipeline.

AWW man another one? im LSAT >75% GPA <25% too. Lol...I hope we can all get in...Loyola is my number 1 choice. Good Luck to all of us waiting...been complete since mid Jan by the by.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:21 pm

jstubbs wrote:im LSAT >75% GPA <25% too...been complete since mid Jan by the by.

Me too.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:23 pm

fencod wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Yeah, I know LA can be awesome. I've spent quite a bit of time there since that is where both my parents grew up. It's just that I can't break the association between the city of LA and traveling down there for weddings/funerals/bar mitzvahs. On the bright side, my family owns some apartment buildings in the Valley, so if the commute doesn't prove to be too much, then I can have my own free apartment while I go to Loyola.

Where in the Valley...traffic is horrible. From Pasadena w/traffic it takes my buddy over an hour to get to LLS in the morning. If your coming from Sherman Oaks/NHollywood/Studio city it will take you a little longer than that.

AND I wonder how many of us splitters actually applied...maybe the adcoms are scratching their heads about what to do lol.

fencod

Postby fencod » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:39 pm

The building I'd live in is near Caheunga and the Ventura Freeway. I'd probably take 101 into town. There is another building in Hollywood that would be ideal, except for the fact they are really expensive apartments and the family is less excited about comping one of those to me.

Midnight Rider

Postby Midnight Rider » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:41 pm

fencod wrote:my family owns someapartment buildings in the Valley

This post is relevant to my interests

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”