Loyola LA 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Platinum

Re: Loyola LA 2011

Post by 071816 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Last edited by 071816 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:39 pm

lulumore wrote:
KiraMarie wrote:
lulumore wrote:Decision rendered on March 24, last Thursday, but no email notification. Is it a bad sign? is it is it is it???!!! Anyone else got the decision on the same day? what is it?

so nerrrrrvous.
Where are you seeing "Decision Rendered"? In the small print at the bottom of the screen? Loyola's status checker is different from all of the other schools.
No, it is in the middle of the page, why?
That is weird, when I look at the LLS status checker it just lists "Documents Requested" and all "Yes's" in a received column. Then there is small print that say "Your application is COMPLETE and ready for review." Is this where it would change from "complete" to "Decision Rendered"?

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
That is weird, when I look at the LLS status checker it just lists "Documents Requested" and all "Yes's" in a received column. Then there is small print that say "Your application is COMPLETE and ready for review." Is this where it would change from "complete" to "Decision Rendered"?
supposedly the entire status checker screen changes and you can definitely tell the difference, no worries

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:14 pm

red_alertz wrote:
KiraMarie wrote:
supposedly the entire status checker screen changes and you can definitely tell the difference, no worries

Thanks! I am not expecting much though. I applied after the "priority deadline" so I know that really hurt my chances.

apple1234

New

Post by apple1234 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:33 pm

Withdrew today... hopefully my spot goes to someone on the WL (I feel your pain)!!! Good luck everyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Just declined my admission offer. Hope this frees up a spot and 87K for someone. Good luck to all!

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:27 pm

I also just withdrew, freeing up a spot and another $87,000. Good luck everyone!

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Just curious where those that are withdrawing with their $87k scholarships are considering now. UCLA or USC? Somewhere else?

dswimmer

Bronze

Post by dswimmer » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:20 am

Judge Philip Banks wrote:Just curious where those that are withdrawing with their $87k scholarships are considering now. UCLA or USC? Somewhere else?
I will be withdrawing (likely) for USC, but giving up $87k to pay full sticker is not an easy decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:48 am

dswimmer wrote:
Judge Philip Banks wrote:Just curious where those that are withdrawing with their $87k scholarships are considering now. UCLA or USC? Somewhere else?
I will be withdrawing (likely) for USC, but giving up $87k to pay full sticker is not an easy decision.
That has gotta be a tough choice. But I think most people here would say you're making the right one (if you withdraw). It's for you to think about and decide, though. Also, these are good problems to have, right? :)

Good luck!

dswimmer

Bronze

Post by dswimmer » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:
dswimmer wrote:
That has gotta be a tough choice. But I think most people here would say you're making the right one (if you withdraw). It's for you to think about and decide, though. Also, these are good problems to have, right? :)

Good luck!
Yes, it is a good predicament--even if it is difficult. A thousand "what-ifs" run through my mind daily...

Good luck with your decision as well!

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm likely headed to Cornell, though possibly North Carolina, Notre Dame, or Maryland. We'll see. :)

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Flett wrote:
I'm likely headed to Cornell, though possibly North Carolina, Notre Dame, or Maryland. We'll see. :)
Those are some nice options to have! Good luck!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Flett wrote:
120K at cornell?!?!?? wowwwwwwwww

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:40 pm

dswimmer wrote:
Seems like an easy decision.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:26 pm

dswimmer wrote:
Judge Philip Banks wrote:
dswimmer wrote:

Good luck!
Yes, it is a good predicament--even if it is difficult. A thousand "what-ifs" run through my mind daily...

Good luck with your decision as well!
Definitely a good predicament even with 1000 what-ifs haha. You'll have a lot of doors open for you if you end up choosing USC, or even from LLS, for that matter.

And thanks! My decision is already made though. I am going to LLS for sure. I was accepted through ED with small scholarship. (My stats are 2.71/167, if anyone was curious :) - maybe this'll give some hope to bad splitters out there like myself, and anyone mulling over doing ED at LLS.) I didn't think I would get in if I didn't apply ED. But it worked out for me, and I'm happy with the result!

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 pm

are you going to asd on the 15th jpb? I got waitlisted at uci. if i don't get off it, then its definitely loyola for me

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 pm

gothamm wrote:are you going to asd on the 15th jpb? I got waitlisted at uci. if i don't get off it, then its definitely loyola for me
Yep, I will be there on the 15th! Are you planning on going?

UCI would be pretty sweet. Would you definitely go there if you got off the waitlist? Or just more to consider in lieu of LLS acceptance? Either way, good luck with UCI! You should send a LOCI to them (that is protocol, right?). Hopefully you can get off the WL soon.

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Yes, Sorry to say but I'd take UCI in a heartbeat over LLS. But if not, I am sure i'll be very happy at loyola. I will definitely be going to ASD. See you there :)

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:59 pm

unless you have thoughts that would sway me otherwise?

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:59 pm

gothamm wrote:Yes, Sorry to say but I'd take UCI in a heartbeat over LLS. But if not, I am sure i'll be very happy at loyola. I will definitely be going to ASD. See you there :)
No reason to be sorry - I think most people would take UCI. I, personally, wouldn't. But maybe that is just me. haha

Anyway, ASD is coming up! See you there! (maybe they will convince you to go no matter what uci says... haha)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:02 pm

gothamm wrote:unless you have thoughts that would sway me otherwise?
haha I have no idea... Maybe at ASD they can convince you! I think LLS's strong network of alumni can be beneficial. Plus its location is better than UCI, in my opinion. There's also no guarantee UCI will be accredited when you graduate (probably will be though). Just a few quick thoughts off the top of my head. I'm sure someone can come up with some pros for UCI, too, but whatever... haha

Edit: I know nothing about UCI, and have limited knowledge of LLS. But I DO know that UCI has no alumni network (obvious, right?) and is not accredited. Two important things, in my opinion.

Edit2: Also, at LLS, a lot of the profs have been there, and would likely have more old exams more easily accessible. At UCI, you might have a couple years worth of exams for profs, and outside of that, I assume you'd have to look at the exam banks of the schools those profs came from, or ask someone from those schools.

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:12 pm

You make valid points there. Oh well, I am sure I will be very happy at either place. Plus I know a couple of 1Ls at LLS so that will help too. Like I said, I'll be very happy at either place.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:17 pm

gothamm wrote:You make valid points there. Oh well, I am sure I will be very happy at either place. Plus I know a couple of 1Ls at LLS so that will help too. Like I said, I'll be very happy at either place.
Agreed. I was just trying to push LLS :D Either place would be great.

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:18 am

USC with 15K/year

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”