Loyola LA 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lalalawya

Bronze

Re: Loyola LA 2011

Post by lalalawya » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Juuuulie wrote:
lalalawya wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
lalalawya wrote:Status checker changed to inform me a decision has been made. Soooooooooo nervous right now :/.
Good luck!
Thank you so much!!!!
I am hoping by some miracle of God the letter gets here by tomorrow afternoon before I leave for home........otherwise I wont know what they decided until January 3....Oiiy.
Can you have your mail forwarded? Or will a friend be there over the holidays?
I live with five other girls, so do you think forwarding my mail could potentially mess with theirs? And unfortunately, my college town becomes absolutely deserted by Dec. 17 so no one (that I know) will be here:(.....I am seriously almost considering making the couple hour drive sometime next week (when i KNOW it would have arrived) to come and pick it up....(patience was never my strong point :) ).

vantiera

New

Post by vantiera » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 pm

lalalawya wrote:Status checker changed to inform me a decision has been made. Soooooooooo nervous right now :/.
Did you receive an e-mail that your status checker has changed?? Or did you just keep logging in?

lalalawya

Bronze

Post by lalalawya » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:54 pm

vantiera wrote:
Did you receive an e-mail that your status checker has changed?? Or did you just keep logging in?
Umm, haha, I just kept on logging in :oops: .........like I said, I am very impatient.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:02 pm

lalalawya wrote:I live with five other girls, so do you think forwarding my mail could potentially mess with theirs? And unfortunately, my college town becomes absolutely deserted by Dec. 17 so no one (that I know) will be here:(.....I am seriously almost considering making the couple hour drive sometime next week (when i KNOW it would have arrived) to come and pick it up....(patience was never my strong point :) ).
It might mess with their mail. Honestly, I'd make the drive sometime next week. It sounds crazy but it doesn't sound like its a ridiculous drive and I don't think I'd be able to wait haha.

lalalawya

Bronze

Post by lalalawya » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:11 pm

I think I probably will end up driving to get it later next week....hopefully the drive is worth it! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:18 pm

lalalawya wrote:I think I probably will end up driving to get it later next week....hopefully the drive is worth it! :)
Seriously. Good luck again :)

jamiLAW

Bronze

Post by jamiLAW » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:22 pm

I just checked, I also have the note saying a decision has been made and that I can expect a letter. I applied to this school as a back-up, but I am curious to see what kind of scholarship they offer.

lalalawya

Bronze

Post by lalalawya » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

jamiLAW wrote:I just checked, I also have the note saying a decision has been made and that I can expect a letter. I applied to this school as a back-up, but I am curious to see what kind of scholarship they offer.
Does the note say that the decision was made today? Or did you just check it and see it today? Good luck! (though it sounds like you don't need it :) ).

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 am

jamiLAW wrote:I just checked, I also have the note saying a decision has been made and that I can expect a letter. I applied to this school as a back-up, but I am curious to see what kind of scholarship they offer.
when did you apply?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mike088

Bronze

Post by Mike088 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:34 am

i've been complete and waiting for review for a couple weeks.. getting so antsy. i think i should just stop checking all my statuses for a few weeks.

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 pm

from the chat going on right now:

"Typically for merit aid if you have an LSAT at or above our median and a gpa above our 25th percentile you are in our scholarship pool."

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 pm

mistermister wrote:from the chat going on right now:

"Typically for merit aid if you have an LSAT at or above our median and a gpa above our 25th percentile you are in our scholarship pool."
can you ask them when they are going to start RD decisions? accidentally deleted my username thing for the chat

jamiLAW

Bronze

Post by jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:30 pm

mistermister wrote:
when did you apply?
I applied 10/22. The note on the status checker says that a decision was made 12/13 (two days before I saw the update).

I'm 3.6/167 so LLS is definitely a scholarship-only school for me

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:37 pm

glitter178 wrote:
mistermister wrote:from the chat going on right now:

can you ask them when they are going to start RD decisions? accidentally deleted my username thing for the chat
They've spoken on this already. Seems to be the most popular question. They said they will try to release as many as they can before the office closes for the holidays on Dec 23.

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:37 pm

jamiLAW wrote:
mistermister wrote:
when did you apply?
I applied 10/22. The note on the status checker says that a decision was made 12/13 (two days before I saw the update).

Did you get scholarship info with your admit package?

jamiLAW

Bronze

Post by jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:00 pm

mistermister wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:
mistermister wrote:
when did you apply?

Did you get scholarship info with your admit package?
Not sure, I'll be home on Saturday so hopefully it will be with the rest of my mail...I'll be sure to let you know if I do

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:35 am

Anyone else hear anything yet? I am still waiting for status to indicate anything other than "complete and ready for review" (ED here by the way).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:Anyone else hear anything yet? I am still waiting for status to indicate anything other than "complete and ready for review" (ED here by the way).
Same boat, though not ED. Applied 11/01, went complete 11/15, and just crickets since then. Harumph.

speedyj88

Bronze

Post by speedyj88 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:06 am

My status checker switched to decision rendered today. I'm going to have to wait for the letter to show up in the mail though. I know it's not what anyone in this thread wants to hear, but I'm really hoping for a large scholarship from them.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 pm

speedyj88 wrote:My status checker switched to decision rendered today. I'm going to have to wait for the letter to show up in the mail though. I know it's not what anyone in this thread wants to hear, but I'm really hoping for a large scholarship from them.
Same, and I agree entirely. Of course I am out of town for a few weeks, so it will remain a mystery what they decided.

Submitted 11/20, complete 11/30. GPA>median, LSAT>>75th

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Applied a few days ago.
Is there a status checker? Are decisions emailed? Snail mailed?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:33 pm

JJDancer wrote:Applied a few days ago.
You didn't read the thread huh? There's a status checker. Decisions are snail mailed.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:38 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
You didn't read the thread huh? There's a status checker. Decisions are snail mailed.
:O
LSpleaseee we are buddies! What's with the snarkiness lol.
Yeah I saw the posts about a status checker. I guess I should have stated it more as "haven't gotten any communication from them yet so I'm wondering when I get a status checker/go complete" etc.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:55 pm

JJDancer wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
:O
Yeah I saw the posts about a status checker. I guess I should have stated it more as "haven't gotten any communication from them yet so I'm wondering when I get a status checker/go complete" etc.
Applied 11/20, received status checker 11/22, complete 11/30. My status never shanged until today it said decision rendered and letters on the way. I imagine you'll get the status checker email any day now!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 am

JJDancer wrote: :O
<3 Sorry I is tired. Loyola is notoriously slooooooow so you should get a status checker but not surprised that you haven't gotten one yet.

BTW, I recently decided to apply next cycle instead of this one so I'm just watching your guys' cycle this time :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”