UNLV 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BoydorBust

Re: UNLV 2011

Postby BoydorBust » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:48 pm

So are you still undecided? I have only applied to Boyd, and unfortunately my Dec LSAT score fell short of my PT scores. Now I am kicking myself for not finding a way to have taken it again in Feb.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm

BoydorBust wrote:So are you still undecided? I have only applied to Boyd, and unfortunately my Dec LSAT score fell short of my PT scores. Now I am kicking myself for not finding a way to have taken it again in Feb.

I wasn't really expecting to get in and so it kind of threw off my "plan" but I really like the school and I sent in my deposit. If I don't get off the waitlist (longshot) at my top choice then I will be at UNLV for sure.

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:37 pm

BoydorBust wrote:
CmonSD wrote:
BoydorBust wrote:Judging from LSN posts, it seems as if the Boyd Adcoms frequently notify on Fridays.

How many of you received an e-mail from the admissions group suggesting you apply for the Public Interest Fellowship Program? I received the e-mail, and thought that was a good sign, but I have remained "In Review" since mid Jan.

I think I did. I got my call on a friday too and was accepted the following tuesday. Maybe today is your day!! Good luck!

Thanks for the well wishes. I am literally going insane waiting. I check LSN, Status Checker, and this thread multiple--I won't dare tell you how many--times a day.

ha I am the same way, I check it more than I wish to admitt because I am going insane with this waiting. I am not sure how it will turn out but either way I wish they would just put me out of my misery!

BoydorBust

Postby BoydorBust » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:06 pm

callen7828 wrote:ha I am the same way, I check it more than I wish to admitt because I am going insane with this waiting. I am not sure how it will turn out but either way I wish they would just put me out of my misery!

Did you get the e-mail about applying for the fellowship?

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:08 pm

BoydorBust wrote:
callen7828 wrote:ha I am the same way, I check it more than I wish to admitt because I am going insane with this waiting. I am not sure how it will turn out but either way I wish they would just put me out of my misery!

Did you get the e-mail about applying for the fellowship?

Yes I got that a long time ago and I got excited but I have heard nothing else since then, so who know what is going on. I think they are waiting on giving me the yes or no because I have a lot of good life experience, a good personal story, a good gpa, but my lsat was not the highest. So still waiting....and waiting.....and waiting..................

BoydorBust

Postby BoydorBust » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:16 pm

callen7828 wrote:Yes I got that a long time ago and I got excited but I have heard nothing else since then, so who know what is going on. I think they are waiting on giving me the yes or no because I have a lot of good life experience, a good personal story, a good gpa, but my lsat was not the highest. So still waiting....and waiting.....and waiting..................

You are scaring me... I would describe my situation in exactly the same manner:
good life experience, a good personal story, a good gpa, but my lsat was not the highest. So still waiting....and waiting.....and waiting..................

I hope there aren't too many people applying with the same situation!

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:21 pm

BoydorBust wrote:
callen7828 wrote:Yes I got that a long time ago and I got excited but I have heard nothing else since then, so who know what is going on. I think they are waiting on giving me the yes or no because I have a lot of good life experience, a good personal story, a good gpa, but my lsat was not the highest. So still waiting....and waiting.....and waiting..................

You are scaring me... I would describe my situation in exactly the same manner:
good life experience, a good personal story, a good gpa, but my lsat was not the highest. So still waiting....and waiting.....and waiting..................

I hope there aren't too many people applying with the same situation!

Yea I agree I hope that we are among the few. did you do your undergrad there?

BoydorBust

Postby BoydorBust » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:28 pm

callen7828 wrote:Yea I agree I hope that we are among the few. did you do your undergrad there?

No. I did my undergrad at the University of MD--Several years ago.

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:11 pm

BoydorBust wrote:
callen7828 wrote:Yea I agree I hope that we are among the few. did you do your undergrad there?

No. I did my undergrad at the University of MD--Several years ago.

I did just finish my undergrad there this past year but I am an older student also with a family so we will see what happens

orachelo

Postby orachelo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

I apologize if this has been discussed before--when is the first seat deposit due for Boyd?

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

orachelo wrote:I apologize if this has been discussed before--when is the first seat deposit due for Boyd?

It is due on the 8th or 15th they had two deposit dates for some reason probably for the early acceptances then for the ones that were accepted after March 15th as well.

orachelo

Postby orachelo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:07 pm

callen7828 wrote:
orachelo wrote:I apologize if this has been discussed before--when is the first seat deposit due for Boyd?

It is due on the 8th or 15th they had two deposit dates for some reason probably for the early acceptances then for the ones that were accepted after March 15th as well.

Thank you!

BoydorBust

Postby BoydorBust » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:19 pm

callen7828 wrote:I did just finish my undergrad there this past year but I am an older student also with a family so we will see what happens

Wow, Callen7828, but for the undergrad school, it is starting to sound a lot like you have stolen my identity...

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 pm

BoydorBust wrote:
callen7828 wrote:I did just finish my undergrad there this past year but I am an older student also with a family so we will see what happens

Wow, Callen7828, but for the undergrad school, it is starting to sound a lot like you have stolen my identity...

Funny, I was a small business owner until the economic crash then my well educated wife told me I should finally follow my dream of going to law school, so I closed my failing business and went back to school and completed my b.a. in two years instead of four. This is my second chance and I hope it works out where I can stay here and not have to pick up my family and move. Good luck with your prosepcts also.

Pink

Postby Pink » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:24 pm

orachelo wrote:
callen7828 wrote:

Thank you!

They had 3 dates, my seat deposit due date was the 1st.

fireLaw

Postby fireLaw » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Has anyone heard anything this week from UNLV? Gotta think they will be letting everyone know sometime in the next 3 weeks. But I really hope to hear by Friday since that is when all of my other schools are asking for deposits to be turned in. If anyone hears anything throughout this week let me know.

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:27 pm

fireLaw wrote:Has anyone heard anything this week from UNLV? Gotta think they will be letting everyone know sometime in the next 3 weeks. But I really hope to hear by Friday since that is when all of my other schools are asking for deposits to be turned in. If anyone hears anything throughout this week let me know.

I am in the same boat, I hope I hear this week or I will have to put my deposit at my second choice school.

jpjpporter

Postby jpjpporter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:20 pm

I have a feeling that this week is the week for all of us that are waiting!

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:01 pm

jpjpporter wrote:I have a feeling that this week is the week for all of us that are waiting!

I sure hope so and I also hope it is good news, or else I will have to move my family across country which would suck for sure!

figaro

Postby figaro » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Boyd is apparently no longer facing any budget cuts, according to this:

http://unlvrebelyell.com/2011/04/11/rev ... imination/

"The UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, the only law school in Nevada, is not slated for funding reductions, though student fees are expected to increase 3 percent in FY2013 to keep the cost of a Boyd education on par with its peer institutions."

Does this mean that the expected tuition increase they sent us an email and letter about is going to be lower? As of Boyd's last communication, they were raising tuition by 19.5%. Here it says 3%. Does anyone know more about this??

BoydorBust

Postby BoydorBust » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:24 pm

I am feeling it! This is the week. My tax return hit the bank, my wife got a promotion, and my daughter made the 2nd grade straight A honor roll. All I need now is my UNLV acceptance.

Also, the blister on my finger from refreshing all of these Law School web pages is now numb, so I no longer feel any pain. :wink:

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:28 pm

BoydorBust wrote:I am feeling it! This is the week. My tax return hit the bank, my wife got a promotion, and my daughter made the 2nd grade straight A honor roll. All I need now is my UNLV acceptance.

Also, the blister on my finger from refreshing all of these Law School web pages is now numb, so I no longer feel any pain. :wink:

Yea I also have hope we will hear this week by Friday, I am feeling it also but it could be sheer delirium from all the waiting.

BoydorBust

Postby BoydorBust » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:58 pm

callen7828 wrote:Yea I also have hope we will hear this week by Friday, I am feeling it also but it could be sheer delirium from all the waiting.

I am about to explode!!! Unfortunately, for me I am pretty firmly rooted here, so I only applied to Boyd. If they choose not to select me, I do not have a "Plan B."

callen7828

Postby callen7828 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:15 pm

BoydorBust wrote:
callen7828 wrote:Yea I also have hope we will hear this week by Friday, I am feeling it also but it could be sheer delirium from all the waiting.

I am about to explode!!! Unfortunately, for me I am pretty firmly rooted here, so I only applied to Boyd. If they choose not to select me, I do not have a "Plan B."

yea we are firmly rooted here also, my wife works at paradise e.s. which is on unlv campus and my baby is at unlv csun preschool so moving will suck but we already decided to do so if necessary.

BoydorBust

Postby BoydorBust » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:38 pm

callen7828 wrote:yea we are firmly rooted here also, my wife works at paradise e.s. which is on unlv campus and my baby is at unlv csun preschool so moving will suck but we already decided to do so if necessary.

Wow, I hope it works out for you--though not at my expense... :lol:

My wife is a Mechanical Engineer for a defense contractor here in town. I had a successful career which--because of the ecconomy and my law school aspirations--I traded in for this anxiety. I love living in Las Vegas, so I didn't want to relocate the family.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”