DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
al2546
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 pm

DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby al2546 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:58 pm

172/3.8

checked today...decision rendered/watch out for email...when will my email come?

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Deuce » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Whenever they send it. Congrats on getting into Duke.

Ninoprudence
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Ninoprudence » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Good luck!

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby beleaguer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:12 pm

i have this on my status checker too :shock: kind of nerve-wracking. i wish they'd do that AFTER they send the email! i strongly regret checking.. :lol:

User avatar
eskimogirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby eskimogirl » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:17 pm

al and beleaguer, how long has it been since you first went under review? i'm waiting and getting very antsy, haha.

al2546
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby al2546 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:21 pm

i think i went under review last friday

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby beleaguer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:23 pm

i think submitted 11/2, complete and under review 11/3. you?


great. another day sentenced to constantly refreshing gmail :(

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Deuce » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 pm

beleaguer wrote:i think submitted 11/2, complete and under review 11/3. you?


great. another day sentenced to constantly refreshing gmail :(


They're working on your $$$$ package :wink:

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby beleaguer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Deuce wrote:
beleaguer wrote:i think submitted 11/2, complete and under review 11/3. you?


great. another day sentenced to constantly refreshing gmail :(


They're working on your $$$$ package :wink:


:lol:
thanks, i appreciate the optimism in number of $ signs :P

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Deuce » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:29 pm

With your numbers, it's a loooot closer to realism than optimism :)

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Dany » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:34 pm

I got mine around 4:45 yesterday (status changed to Decision Made at about 2:00) but some decisions have been coming later at night - think 9pm or later.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby mrmangs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:40 pm

I have to admit, when I read TLS sometimes, I wonder about people with solid to great numbers worrying about hearing back from law schools, especially if they want to go into BigLaw. If you get anxious, stressed out, and/or have to refresh your status checker a billion times a day now, just imagine how your future career is going to make you feel. This is doubly true when you think about how anyone entering the corporate world (or similar environments) has to learn to deal with at least occasional failure and rejection. It's part of the job.

Don't beleaguer yourself with worries--you've got excellent numbers and money in the bank as far as Duke is concerned. :D

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby beleaguer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:45 pm

mrmangs wrote:I have to admit, when I read TLS sometimes, I wonder about people with solid to great numbers worrying about hearing back from law schools, especially if they want to go into BigLaw. If you get anxious, stressed out, and/or have to refresh your status checker a billion times a day now, just imagine how your future career is going to make you feel. This is doubly true when you think about how anyone entering the corporate world (or similar environments) has to learn to deal with at least occasional failure and rejection. It's part of the job.

Don't beleaguer yourself with worries--you've got excellent numbers and money in the bank as far as Duke is concerned. :D



^nice :lol:

(though I don't actually plan for biglaw) I'm actually not stressed out and have yet to refresh anything. I'm just terribly impatient and hate waiting for things! Also, LSAT score does not 'good numbers' make, in my case, which is why I'm slightly more worried. But thanks for the advice/encouragement!

I was hoping to also use "mrmangs" somewhere, but your username doesn't lend itself to insertion as well as mine. :(

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby mrmangs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Ah, I didn't realize you were a splitter. Well, people who do fall under my comment, you know who you are! Feel bad now!

Good luck with your app! I'm sure you'll get into some great schools!

And to be perfectly honest, I mutter "mrmangs" under my breath all the time, almost always with a silly accent. Feel free to throw it into your sentences at any point and time, whether it makes sense or not.

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby beleaguer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:58 pm

:lol:

excellent. will DEFINITELY do that from now on

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Dany » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:22 pm

bee, what's your gpa?

^ that's your new nickname because "beleaguer" is too long. :D

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby beleaguer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

eskimo wrote:bee, what's your gpa?

^ that's your new nickname because "beleaguer" is too long. :D


yeah it's difficult to type AND say..not sure what i was thinking when i picked it. i think NR and a couple others shortened it to bel, but bee's fine! :D my gpa's a 3.6. not much of a splitter I guess, but still below pretty much all medians and a good amount of 25 percentiles!

and i'm IN at duke!! :mrgreen: good luck if it hasn't come yet, al2546!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Dany » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:33 pm

beleaguer wrote:
eskimo wrote:bee, what's your gpa?

^ that's your new nickname because "beleaguer" is too long. :D


yeah it's difficult to type AND say..not sure what i was thinking when i picked it. i think NR and a couple others shortened it to bel, but bee's fine! :D my gpa's a 3.6. not much of a splitter I guess, but still below pretty much all medians and a good amount of 25 percentiles!

and i'm IN at duke!! :mrgreen: good luck if it hasn't come yet, al2546!

Of course you are. :) CONGRATS!

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby beleaguer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:40 pm

thanks, eski! :D

User avatar
FABULOUSITY
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:13 am

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby FABULOUSITY » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:42 am

DUKE has a part-time program? I didn't even know until I saw this thread.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Dany » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:52 am

FABULOUSITY wrote:DUKE has a part-time program? I didn't even know until I saw this thread.

Priority Track.

User avatar
lkk
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby lkk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:24 pm

:shock: it has been 10 days, still under view.
WHY :shock: Is this a super bad sign?

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby Blindc1rca » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 pm

lkk wrote::shock: it has been 10 days, still under view.
WHY :shock: Is this a super bad sign?


not necessarily. on my 10th day my status changed to "Decision made" at 4:45pm, and I got my e-mail at 5:15

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby coug11 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
lkk wrote::shock: it has been 10 days, still under view.
WHY :shock: Is this a super bad sign?


not necessarily. on my 10th day my status changed to "Decision made" at 4:45pm, and I got my e-mail at 5:15


I got my decision close to 6pm PST... of course, it was a PR, so probably not what you're looking for, but I have heard of many people getting in late at night.

User avatar
lkk
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: DUKE PT..decicion made..when will i get my email?

Postby lkk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
lkk wrote::shock: it has been 10 days, still under view.
WHY :shock: Is this a super bad sign?


not necessarily. on my 10th day my status changed to "Decision made" at 4:45pm, and I got my e-mail at 5:15


Thank you. Law school app requires a strong heart. Waiting is really painful.

Hope it will be worth the wait. :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, sonyco and 10 guests