Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:Got the Carswell! Glad to see info up, and that they're increasing it... very exciting.


I wish more schools would do things like this. It keeps things interesting.

tjs86
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby tjs86 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:08 pm

rman1201 wrote:
Woods, Elle wrote:Got the Carswell! Glad to see info up, and that they're increasing it... very exciting.


I wish more schools would do things like this. It keeps things interesting.



Couldn't agree more. Plus, the excitement of checking and seeing one number, then checking later and seeing a bigger number is awesome (and a relief).

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11785
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:10 pm

ebl1014 wrote:And for anyone trying to churn out the ASD's for area schools (I'm trying to do them as closely together as possible): Cardozo has one on Thurs 3/24 and St. Johns has one one Sat 3/26


I'm going to the Cardozo one on the 24th as well! I had planned to go to the SJU also, but I just withdrew a couple of days ago. Guess we'll be seeing each other around NYC!

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby Woods, Elle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:13 pm

I'll be at Cardozo, too! Not planning on going to St. John's, but I may go to BLS when they have one.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

ebl1014 wrote:Anyone know of anyone who has had success in negotiating the stipulations with BLS? From the looks of their website, that top 40% requirement is pretty set in stone.


1L @ bls...theres no way they are lifting that stipulation. they will double your money before they lift the stipulation.

do your work and you'll be fine. top 40 is not impossible.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:27 pm

goosey wrote:
ebl1014 wrote:Anyone know of anyone who has had success in negotiating the stipulations with BLS? From the looks of their website, that top 40% requirement is pretty set in stone.


1L @ bls...theres no way they are lifting that stipulation. they will double your money before they lift the stipulation.

do your work and you'll be fine. top 40 is not impossible.


Do you know if the rumors of section stacking are true?

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:34 pm

rman1201 wrote:
goosey wrote:
ebl1014 wrote:Anyone know of anyone who has had success in negotiating the stipulations with BLS? From the looks of their website, that top 40% requirement is pretty set in stone.


1L @ bls...theres no way they are lifting that stipulation. they will double your money before they lift the stipulation.

do your work and you'll be fine. top 40 is not impossible.


Do you know if the rumors of section stacking are true?


everyone thinks its their section, including me. have some freakin geniuses in my section--and everyone is super hardworking. but theres ppl in other sections that swear their section is stacked. maybe bls just gives out a ridic amount of money and everyone has some type of scholarship? nobody is jerkish enough to tell they have a full scholarship tho, so no telling whether they put the huge schols in one section.

My scholarship is full..and it started at 32k, so...negotiating will go a long way, but dont count on the stipulation being lifted

User avatar
livefreeordie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby livefreeordie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 pm

HELP! Where on BLSConnect do you see scholarship info?!?

User avatar
livefreeordie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby livefreeordie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Found it :P

Does everyone's say pending? I'm at 30K so far!!! More more more!!!!

User avatar
afc1910
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby afc1910 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:00 pm

.
Last edited by afc1910 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
afc1910
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby afc1910 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:03 pm

.
Last edited by afc1910 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eel7566
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby eel7566 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Has anyone been admitted/denied this week? I feel like I have not seen much movement recently.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:24 pm

eel7566 wrote:Has anyone been admitted/denied this week? I feel like I have not seen much movement recently.



I was yesterday.

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Is there any chance at a sholarship to the part time program with 158/3.95?

eel7566
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby eel7566 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:33 pm

subtle wrote:
eel7566 wrote:Has anyone been admitted/denied this week? I feel like I have not seen much movement recently.



I was yesterday.


Congrats! Good to see something happening.

lawfreak wrote:Is there any chance at a sholarship to the part time program with 158/3.95?


I don't know. To be honest, I would be more concerned with just gaining admission--your GPA is absurdly high, but your LSAT is a few points short of the part time program's 25%. Let's both get in first, and then worry about money.

Coll89
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby Coll89 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Just wait listed now. Pretty surprised actually...

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 pm

eel7566 wrote:
subtle wrote:
eel7566 wrote:Has anyone been admitted/denied this week? I feel like I have not seen much movement recently.



I was yesterday.


Congrats! Good to see something happening.

lawfreak wrote:Is there any chance at a sholarship to the part time program with 158/3.95?


I don't know. To be honest, I would be more concerned with just gaining admission--your GPA is absurdly high, but your LSAT is a few points short of the part time program's 25%. Let's both get in first, and then worry about money.



Thanks!

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 pm

A current student from Brooklyn just called me, she sounded hott so I talked to her for like ten minutes. Is it bad that I told her I was probably going to another school?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11785
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:39 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:A current student from Brooklyn just called me, she sounded hott so I talked to her for like ten minutes. Is it bad that I told her I was probably going to another school?


No, I'd go to UNC over Brooklyn (I looked at your LSN ;))

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:45 pm

ilovesf wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:A current student from Brooklyn just called me, she sounded hott so I talked to her for like ten minutes. Is it bad that I told her I was probably going to another school?


No, I'd go to UNC over Brooklyn (I looked at your LSN ;))


:D

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 pm

eel7566 wrote:
subtle wrote:
eel7566 wrote:Has anyone been admitted/denied this week? I feel like I have not seen much movement recently.



I was yesterday.


Congrats! Good to see something happening.

lawfreak wrote:Is there any chance at a sholarship to the part time program with 158/3.95?


I don't know. To be honest, I would be more concerned with just gaining admission--your GPA is absurdly high, but your LSAT is a few points short of the part time program's 25%. Let's both get in first, and then worry about money.


I would be pretty surprised if I didn't get in because I got into Cardozo which is a better school and is harder to gain acceptance to.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:58 pm

lawfreak wrote:
eel7566 wrote:
subtle wrote:
eel7566 wrote:Has anyone been admitted/denied this week? I feel like I have not seen much movement recently.



I was yesterday.


Congrats! Good to see something happening.

lawfreak wrote:Is there any chance at a sholarship to the part time program with 158/3.95?


I don't know. To be honest, I would be more concerned with just gaining admission--your GPA is absurdly high, but your LSAT is a few points short of the part time program's 25%. Let's both get in first, and then worry about money.


I would be pretty surprised if I didn't get in because I got into Cardozo which is a better school and is harder to gain acceptance to.


These things happen. GW rejected me.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 pm

subtle wrote:These things happen. GW rejected me.



Thats crazy. Why are you even still on this thread with your other offers? Congrats btw (idk if I already told you that elsewhere), you really are having an awesome cycle.

To add to the craziness: Cardozo waitlisted me :S

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:06 pm

rman1201 wrote:Thats crazy. Why are you even still on this thread with your other offers? Congrats btw (idk if I already told you that elsewhere), you really are having an awesome cycle.

To add to the craziness: Cardozo waitlisted me :S


Thank you! Sorry about Cardozo. Still in this thread just because I just want all of my cycle to be in before I commit anywhere or withdraw from somewhere.
Last edited by subtle on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11785
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:06 pm

lawfreak wrote:
I would be pretty surprised if I didn't get in because I got into Cardozo which is a better school and is harder to gain acceptance to.


Not saying you won't get in, but splitter cycles are always really hard to predict. Also, I feel like this cycle has been pretty weird.. I got into Cardozo with 20k but people with my exact same numbers were waitlisted.. you never know.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, carlos_danger, KeYe88, lillawyer2, notsolawful, TudoBem and 11 guests