Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Here's a screenshot if it helps.
--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:10 pm

rman1201 wrote:Here's a screenshot if it helps.
--ImageRemoved--


nice! is that carswell amount per year or total?

kostina
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby kostina » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:11 pm

rman1201 wrote:Do they give out extra in addition to the named scholarships? 18k doesn't seem like much for BLS... I'm assuming so though, since the highest named is $21.5k and I know plenty tend to get full + stipend.


+1.

$18k/yr with the cost of living in NYC ... doesn't sound so great.

(delurking for this.)

ETA: I also got a Carswell.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby aaaaaah » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 pm

I also got the Carswell. Hoping there's more to come?

tjs86
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby tjs86 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:25 pm

kostina wrote:
rman1201 wrote:Do they give out extra in addition to the named scholarships? 18k doesn't seem like much for BLS... I'm assuming so though, since the highest named is $21.5k and I know plenty tend to get full + stipend.


+1.

$18k/yr with the cost of living in NYC ... doesn't sound so great.

(delurking for this.)

ETA: I also got a Carswell.



Yeah to be honest, I really want to go to BLS, but the offer I got alone comes nowhere near making me choose it over better financial offers. Checking lsn, it seems that people got more than the 60+ that the largest merit scholarship allows, so there must at least be the possibility of getting more.

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby lawfreak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:40 pm

rman1201 wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:
tjs86 wrote:I'm bored at work and was poking around and found it by chance, so it's entirely possible that yours just isn't on there yet.

EDIT: should add that I checked it this morning when I stumbled on it, and there was no aid listed. Then checked again later to see if there was any info about dates, etc. and there it was.


Wait - were you actually able to see the dollar amount of your scholarship? Could you do a screen cap?


It's there for me too now (wasn't this morning). I got the Carswell


What are you doing applying to a non-T14 school Mr. know it all that was bashing Cardozo!? I hope you take that sorry excuse for a scholarship and fail!

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 pm

lawfreak wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:
tjs86 wrote:I'm bored at work and was poking around and found it by chance, so it's entirely possible that yours just isn't on there yet.

EDIT: should add that I checked it this morning when I stumbled on it, and there was no aid listed. Then checked again later to see if there was any info about dates, etc. and there it was.


Wait - were you actually able to see the dollar amount of your scholarship? Could you do a screen cap?


It's there for me too now (wasn't this morning). I got the Carswell


What are you doing applying to a non-T14 school Mr. know it all that was bashing Cardozo!? I hope you take that sorry excuse for a scholarship and fail!


Have we met?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:44 pm

lawfreak wrote:
What are you doing applying to a non-T14 school Mr. know it all that was bashing Cardozo!? I hope you take that sorry excuse for a scholarship and fail!


Why do you get so angry with anonymous posters on an internet forum? Can you try to post without insulting people all the time?

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby lawfreak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Have we met?


I wish we never did!

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby lawfreak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 pm

ilovesf wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
What are you doing applying to a non-T14 school Mr. know it all that was bashing Cardozo!? I hope you take that sorry excuse for a scholarship and fail!


Why do you get so angry with anonymous posters on an internet forum? Can you try to post without insulting people all the time?


I only get angry with self-contradictory trolls such as rman.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:47 pm

lawfreak wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
What are you doing applying to a non-T14 school Mr. know it all that was bashing Cardozo!? I hope you take that sorry excuse for a scholarship and fail!


Why do you get so angry with anonymous posters on an internet forum? Can you try to post without insulting people all the time?


I only get angry with self-contradictory trolls such as rman.


The question remains, lingering in my mind. I continue to see your posts of passion and this one thing festers my mind for what seems to be an eternity - I know you are, but what am I?

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby snapdragon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Hmmm looks like as of now I have a Richardson pending which is $12,100 / year.

On http://www.brooklaw.edu/Admissions/fina ... ships.aspx? it says that Dean's scholarships and Academic Achievement scholarships augment the named scholarships, so there could be more coming.

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby lawfreak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm

rman1201 wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
What are you doing applying to a non-T14 school Mr. know it all that was bashing Cardozo!? I hope you take that sorry excuse for a scholarship and fail!


Why do you get so angry with anonymous posters on an internet forum? Can you try to post without insulting people all the time?


I only get angry with self-contradictory trolls such as rman.


The question remains, lingering in my mind. I continue to see your posts of passion and this one thing festers my mind for what seems to be an eternity - I know you are, but what am I?


Very original and mature, I've got to hand it to you :roll:

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Image

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby Woods, Elle » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 pm

UGH says nothing listed. I really hope I'm getting something and soon.... makes no sense to say I'm being considered and to give me nada.

I also REALLY need to know soon, because I want to negotiate with Cardozo and BLS is my best negotiating point.

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby champ33 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:03 pm

For all talking about scholarships, last year I got a named and also additional dean's scholarship money... so I'd probably expect more to come soon.

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby Woods, Elle » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Do you remember around when you found out?

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby champ33 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Searching my e-mails I can only determine that it was some time before 3/22.

ligirl
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ligirl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 pm

for those asking, you can get multiple scholarships.. when i first got mine i was given:

Richardson
Centennial Grant
Acad Achievement

and then a few weeks later I got Dean's Merit which increased my scholarship another $7,500 a year.. totaling out somewhere just below $33K/yr.

sprewell
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby sprewell » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:02 am

maybe i missed something...but did you all get sent a user name to log into bls connect?

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 am

sprewell wrote:maybe i missed something...but did you all get sent a user name to log into bls connect?


It should have (or will) come some time after you received your admission email (via email).

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby Woods, Elle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 am

Was anyone else who had been getting the error message eventually get money?/more info? It doesn't really make sense to get a full ride to St.John's and $ to Cardozo and to be considered at BLS but not get anything. So I'm hoping they're still updating. This is all unsolicited, right? In that we didn't need to fill out a FAFSA yet for merit aid? Because it says I have no aid activity, but I didn't do anything for the other schools and scholarships were automatically given.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby rman1201 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:37 am

Woods, Elle wrote:Was anyone else who had been getting the error message eventually get money?/more info? It doesn't really make sense to get a full ride to St.John's and $ to Cardozo and to be considered at BLS but not get anything. So I'm hoping they're still updating. This is all unsolicited, right? In that we didn't need to fill out a FAFSA yet for merit aid? Because it says I have no aid activity, but I didn't do anything for the other schools and scholarships were automatically given.


Relax, nothing is final yet. From the looks of it we're just sort of 'peeking in' to the process as they begin awarding scholarships - but it'll be an ongoing process. If late March comes and everyone but you received an actual award letter, then I'd start worrying.

dariamorgendorffer
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby dariamorgendorffer » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:16 am

Has anyone else been unable to access MyBLSConnect at all? My log-in attempts are failing even though I know I have the right username/password (I'm using the new one they emailed me after I was admitted, not the old status checker)

shtolky
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby shtolky » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:22 am

When I check my award status by year, 2011, I don't get an error message, I just don't see any numbers or award names. Hopefully the estimated funds amt. comes in! FWIW, I received a near full ride at St. Johns as well so I'm hoping for something at BLS.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamcohen3, Google Adsense [Bot], grandpapy360, lawschool2017712, Leliana, mmengden, pizzagoblin, Rio123, Yahoo [Bot] and 19 guests