Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
eel7566

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby eel7566 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:25 am

Brooklyn's my #1 and the wait is torturous. My LSAT is at their 25% and my GPA is just above their median. I got $30,000 to St. John's and I am really happy about that, but I really cannot wait to hear back from Brooklyn. I'd flip out with an acceptance. Fingers crossed.

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:54 am

Brooklyn is just torturing me. My LSAT is at their median, my GPA above it, and no word since being IR 12/15. What *are* they doing? Also, they sent me some email this morning reminding me to apply for fellowships even if I haven't been admitted yet. Brooklyn is actually the biggest clit tease of a school ever. They also sent a gigantic packet once, but it was just law notes. Grrrr.

ballpop

Postby ballpop » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:00 am

FrOhara1213 wrote:Someone please punch me in the face! I'm developing an eye twitch from this whole process.

I've gone from complete, to under review, to in review all over the course of 2 months. I know I'm not alone in the in the length of time the committee has been sitting on my application, but my god awful numbers should have relegated me to an auto-ding pile LONG ago. I've e-mailed a 3rd, supplemental "please excuse my shiteous LSAT scores" essay and a rusty-trombone of a LOCI (with no reply) and still no status change either way. Should I give up hope? Should I take a xanax and stop reading into the actions of what is probably an extremely busy and backlogged adcomm? I'm supposed to be writing chapters of my grad thesis right now and all I can do is obsessively check the BLS application website for status updates. Is there any end in sight? dare I think it could be a happy one?

Stop being needy and annoying and you will improve your chances. Three LSAT addendums? LOCI before WL?

FrOhara1213

Postby FrOhara1213 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:30 pm

ballpop wrote:
FrOhara1213 wrote:Someone please punch me in the face! I'm developing an eye twitch from this whole process.

I've gone from complete, to under review, to in review all over the course of 2 months. I know I'm not alone in the in the length of time the committee has been sitting on my application, but my god awful numbers should have relegated me to an auto-ding pile LONG ago. I've e-mailed a 3rd, supplemental "please excuse my shiteous LSAT scores" essay and a rusty-trombone of a LOCI (with no reply) and still no status change either way. Should I give up hope? Should I take a xanax and stop reading into the actions of what is probably an extremely busy and backlogged adcomm? I'm supposed to be writing chapters of my grad thesis right now and all I can do is obsessively check the BLS application website for status updates. Is there any end in sight? dare I think it could be a happy one?

Stop being needy and annoying and you will improve your chances. Three LSAT addendums? LOCI before WL?

Wow. Thanks for the super douchey advice, ballpop.

maglialoro

Postby maglialoro » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:56 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:59 pm

maglialoro wrote:
subtle wrote:Brooklyn is just torturing me. My LSAT is at their median, my GPA above it, and no word since being IR 12/15. What *are* they doing? Also, they sent me some email this morning reminding me to apply for fellowships even if I haven't been admitted yet. Brooklyn is actually the biggest clit tease of a school ever. They also sent a gigantic packet once, but it was just law notes. Grrrr.

Am I reading your lsn data correctly? You got into NYU and Georgetown but your waiting, tortured, to hear back from Brooklyn? Call me an idiot, but why?

Because I just want answers. I don't want to withdraw from any of my schools. I just feel like I took the time to put together an application, the least they can do is take the time to read it and decide. Also, at this point with Brooklyn, it's almost a spite thing. Like they've had me waiting since 12/15. COME ON. Give me an answer. Even if you YP me. Just fucking give me an answer. I don't know. It kind of just makes me mad.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 pm

subtle wrote:
maglialoro wrote:
subtle wrote:Brooklyn is just torturing me. My LSAT is at their median, my GPA above it, and no word since being IR 12/15. What *are* they doing? Also, they sent me some email this morning reminding me to apply for fellowships even if I haven't been admitted yet. Brooklyn is actually the biggest clit tease of a school ever. They also sent a gigantic packet once, but it was just law notes. Grrrr.

Am I reading your lsn data correctly? You got into NYU and Georgetown but your waiting, tortured, to hear back from Brooklyn? Call me an idiot, but why?

Because I just want answers. I don't want to withdraw from any of my schools. I just feel like I took the time to put together an application, the least they can do is take the time to read it and decide. Also, at this point with Brooklyn, it's almost a spite thing. Like they've had me waiting since 12/15. COME ON. Give me an answer. Even if you YP me. Just fucking give me an answer. I don't know. It kind of just makes me mad.

It's not personal, they don't care about you, and probably know that you're not going to attend. Just withdraw.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:00 pm

champ33 wrote:
subtle wrote:
maglialoro wrote:

It's not personal, they don't care about you, and probably know that you're not going to attend. Just withdraw.

I agree, I think they know you have better options and are going to resist accepting you because the chances are so slim you'll actually attend. They have to maintain the guise of selectivity. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually checked LSN and saw your profile with the acceptances. If your numbers are accurate, I assume it would be pretty easy to match the 3.78, 162, AA female applicant from Michigan. You even posted two grade point averages - LSAC and Degree! They know all about NYU and Georgetown, and they are not amused! :wink:

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Justathought wrote:I agree, I think they know you have better options and are going to resist accepting you because the chances are so slim you'll actually attend. They have to maintain the guise of selectivity. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually checked LSN and saw your profile with the acceptances. If your numbers are accurate, I assume it would be pretty easy to match the 3.78, 162, AA female applicant from Michigan. You even posted two grade point averages - LSAC and Degree! They know all about NYU and Georgetown, and they are not amused! :wink:

I mean, that's fine and all. Like I said, they could just reject me. I still want an answer.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 pm

subtle wrote:
Justathought wrote:I agree, I think they know you have better options and are going to resist accepting you because the chances are so slim you'll actually attend. They have to maintain the guise of selectivity. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually checked LSN and saw your profile with the acceptances. If your numbers are accurate, I assume it would be pretty easy to match the 3.78, 162, AA female applicant from Michigan. You even posted two grade point averages - LSAC and Degree! They know all about NYU and Georgetown, and they are not amused! :wink:

I mean, that's fine and all. Like I said, they could just reject me. I still want an answer.

I think you'll get in soon enough. They are probably just hoping you withdraw to save themselves from your inevitable rejection of BLS.

abonda01

Postby abonda01 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:52 pm

This thread is why I applied 2/11 and went IR on 2/14. haha

lawgrl21

Postby lawgrl21 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:13 pm

how quickly after being accepted does the admissions kit come? I was accpeted 2/4, but havent received it yet..

valentina5

Postby valentina5 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:47 pm

UR date changed to 2/24...and the wait continues 8)

rocon7383

Postby rocon7383 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:58 pm

subtle wrote:
maglialoro wrote:

Boo you, sir. Boo you.

Get over it. If i was in at NYU/ Georgetown i would send my withdrawal letter immediately to any T2. Any scholarship money they offer you can be offered to someone else who can actually use it.

rocon7383

Postby rocon7383 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:04 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:how quickly after being accepted does the admissions kit come? I was accpeted 2/4, but havent received it yet..

any second now.. Seriously, mine took right around two weeks.

qtcherrysyrup

Postby qtcherrysyrup » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:09 pm

"Ready for Review" since 12/10..... what the hell???? Do I suck that much that they don't even want to begin looking at my file???
Anyone waiting for this long???

eel7566

Postby eel7566 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:39 pm

qtcherrysyrup wrote:"Ready for Review" since 12/10..... what the hell???? Do I suck that much that they don't even want to begin looking at my file???
Anyone waiting for this long???

Don't give up just yet, it appears that many applicants have waited a substantial amount of time. I am waiting too. I have to believe that you will be getting a decision by early to mid March, given the impending seat deposit deadlines at many schools in April.

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
subtle wrote:
maglialoro wrote:

Boo you, sir. Boo you.

Get over it. If i was in at NYU/ Georgetown i would send my withdrawal letter immediately to any T2. Any scholarship money they offer you can be offered to someone else who can actually use it.

That is not how life works. I'm under no obligation to withdraw my aps any sooner than I feel like withdrawing them, just because someone else could use the spot. If they're super concerned about my not going, make the choice easy for me and reject me, but don't just leave me here.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Well I agree you are under no obligation to withdraw, and since you haven't been accepted yet, you're not holding someone else up from being accepted. Sit tight I say. As you know URM applicants have very random cycles, and their reviews tend to be much more holistic in nature. I'm Puerto Rican and my cycle has been all over the place thus far. Perhaps they just aren't sure if they can accept another LSAT below the median yet. BLS doesn't have a deadline so they may be looking for some latecomers with 163+.

Edit: Plus its still early enough. A lot of people don't hear back until march.

Edit #2: In my reply I assumed you applied for the full time program, for which the latest numbers are 160/163/164. The part time program's median is 158, so you would be a very strong candidate on that front, but I think they give preference to those who express an interest in that program.

eel7566

Postby eel7566 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:45 pm

http://www.brooklaw.edu/Admissions/stat ... stics.aspx

I think the LSAT numbers are 162/163/165.

sprewell

Postby sprewell » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:47 pm

anyone want to predict a date when scholarship info will come out?

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 pm

eel7566 wrote:http://www.brooklaw.edu/Admissions/statisticsandprofile/admissionstatistics.aspx

I think the LSAT numbers are 162/163/165.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but the ABA official data says 160/163/164. I always tend to go by that, but maybe its not as up to date as Brooklyn's posted statistics. I don't know. Either way, 163 median seems on point.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:55 am

sprewell wrote:anyone want to predict a date when scholarship info will come out?

I've heard mid-March around here.
I've seen some people here say that their admit letters mention that they're being considered for merit aid - anyone know if that's in the snail-mailed letter only? Because there's no mention of that at all in the admit e-mail I received. I haven't received my admitted students package in the mail yet, and it sounds like it's going to be a week or two for that to arrive.

jplwine

Postby jplwine » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:24 am

Lawst wrote:
sprewell wrote:anyone want to predict a date when scholarship info will come out?

I've heard mid-March around here.
I've seen some people here say that their admit letters mention that they're being considered for merit aid - anyone know if that's in the snail-mailed letter only? Because there's no mention of that at all in the admit e-mail I received. I haven't received my admitted students package in the mail yet, and it sounds like it's going to be a week or two for that to arrive.

I just got the snail mail letter yesterday and it mentions being considered for merit aid and suggested a couple of fellowships to apply for. They said "Our Scholarship Committee plans to announce most of its decisions by mid-March". No admitted students kit yet. fwiw, I was admitted 2/17.

Woods, Elle

Postby Woods, Elle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:08 am

I just called, because I would like to figure out/negotiate scholarship info and would need to know sooner than later. The lady said early March, although I think (she was kind of rushed and I was trying hard to get my questions in, so it was a little hard to understand all that she was saying) she wasn't 100% sure, but she said the next couple of weeks and then earlier rather than late March.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”