Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
neptunestar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby neptunestar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:19 am

ilovesf wrote:My UR date was updated from 11/1 to today's date.. what does this meannnnn?


Yeah - that happened with me for other status checkers also. It just means that you're getting a decision really soon, like maybe today or def next week.

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:03 pm

In yesterday via status checker!! Scholly info doesn't come out for another month, right?

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Zarathustraspoke wrote:In yesterday via status checker!! Scholly info doesn't come out for another month, right?


That is what someone told me yesterday.

Ldubs
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby Ldubs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:37 pm

I know i've asked this before, but is it bad form if I give Brooklyn a call and ask for an update? I submitted 11/18 and have been sitting under review since 12/22.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11745
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Ldubs wrote:I know i've asked this before, but is it bad form if I give Brooklyn a call and ask for an update? I submitted 11/18 and have been sitting under review since 12/22.


A lot of us have been waiting longer. I don't think that length of time warrants a call.. waiting sucks, but it's only early February.

User avatar
FrOhara1213
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby FrOhara1213 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:35 pm

I went from "Under Review" on 12/14 to "In Review" on 1/28 and have been sitting there ever since. I'm certain it will be a rejection, I just wish they'd get it over with already.

JuliaHenry
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby JuliaHenry » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:15 pm

I've been "In Review" since 1/3/2011--161, 3.65 from top liberal arts college, good softs, 2 years work experience as corporate paralegal, and have already been accepted at schools that, at least from a statistical standpoint, are more difficult to get in to than BLS. BLS is very much my first choice; does anyone think it would help if I paid the campus a visit? (I live in Brooklyn, and have visited the campus with friends but not in any way that the admissions comm would know about.)

jessi419
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby jessi419 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:55 pm

FrOhara1213 wrote:I went from "Under Review" on 12/14 to "In Review" on 1/28 and have been sitting there ever since. I'm certain it will be a rejection, I just wish they'd get it over with already.


Same here on the dates and sentiments. I'm trying to be optimistic, though.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11745
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Just got in via status checker!! 3.35, 165, submitted in mid-October!

User avatar
ect88
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ect88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 pm

In via status checker! 164/3.7 Submitted early January.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:34 pm

ilovesf wrote:Just got in via status checker!! 3.35, 165, submitted in mid-October!



You give me hope.

lawschool12345
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby lawschool12345 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:54 pm

still at my 2nd review date of 1/11

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11745
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:52 pm

subtle wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Just got in via status checker!! 3.35, 165, submitted in mid-October!



You give me hope.


You're welcome? I actually wasn't that worried, there are people on LSN with lower numbers who have already been admitted. I think Brooklyn is just pretty slow.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 pm

ilovesf wrote:
subtle wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Just got in via status checker!! 3.35, 165, submitted in mid-October!



You give me hope.


You're welcome? I actually wasn't that worried, there are people on LSN with lower numbers who have already been admitted. I think Brooklyn is just pretty slow.



I know that there are people with lower numbers than me, but a) you give me hope that they will, in fact, make a decision someday and b) that I likely won't be the exception just because it's taking so long to hear.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11745
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 pm

subtle wrote:I know that there are people with lower numbers than me, but a) you give me hope that they will, in fact, make a decision someday and b) that I likely won't be the exception just because it's taking so long to hear.


Brooklyn is just one of the many, many slow schools out there (yes, I'm looking at you, U.C. schools!) ... I wouldn't worry!

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby URMdan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

In review as of 2/2

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 pm

ilovesf wrote:
subtle wrote:I know that there are people with lower numbers than me, but a) you give me hope that they will, in fact, make a decision someday and b) that I likely won't be the exception just because it's taking so long to hear.


Brooklyn is just one of the many, many slow schools out there (yes, I'm looking at you, U.C. schools!) ... I wouldn't worry!


I'm looking at you, Cornell.

mab85
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby mab85 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:59 pm

i was waitlisted via status checker on 2/4, has anyone else been waitlisted? will i get a letter or email with additional information? so far, i haven't received anything!

jessi419
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby jessi419 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:22 pm

mab85 wrote:i was waitlisted via status checker on 2/4, has anyone else been waitlisted? will i get a letter or email with additional information? so far, i haven't received anything!


May I ask your LSAT/GPA numbers?

I've been in review for a little while, so I don't know the answer to your questions.

mab85
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby mab85 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:37 pm

jessi419 wrote:
mab85 wrote:i was waitlisted via status checker on 2/4, has anyone else been waitlisted? will i get a letter or email with additional information? so far, i haven't received anything!


May I ask your LSAT/GPA numbers?

I've been in review for a little while, so I don't know the answer to your questions.



158/3.2-- happy to be waitlisted with my numbers! Submitted 12/20, In review 1/28

jessi419
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby jessi419 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:39 pm

mab85 wrote:
jessi419 wrote:
mab85 wrote:i was waitlisted via status checker on 2/4, has anyone else been waitlisted? will i get a letter or email with additional information? so far, i haven't received anything!


May I ask your LSAT/GPA numbers?

I've been in review for a little while, so I don't know the answer to your questions.



158/3.2-- happy to be waitlisted with my numbers! Submitted 12/20, In review 1/28



Thanks, we're similar. 160/3.3. I'm actually hoping for at least a waitlist as well. Been in review since 1/28, submitted in October! Good luck!

User avatar
emhellmer
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby emhellmer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 pm

In via status checker this morning. Applied in late December.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby Justathought » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 pm

emhellmer wrote:In via status checker this morning. Applied in late December.


Congrats on the acceptance! I'm sitting at in review since 1/28. BLS is one of my top choices, so I signed up for the info-visit tomorrow. Pulling out all the stops! :mrgreen:

jessi419
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby jessi419 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Wait list. At least it's not a rejection.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Postby goosey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:53 pm

the biggest reason to come to bls is the amazzzzzing cookies you will get at every event.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, Bing [Bot], hwwong, mudiverse, tangers91, Yahoo [Bot] and 21 guests