Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Justathought

Silver

Re: Brooklyn Law School 2011 Cycle

Post by Justathought » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:02 pm

goosey wrote:the biggest reason to come to bls is the amazzzzzing cookies you will get at every event.
Will there be cookies at the info-visit tomorrow? If not BLS takes a substantial hit in my book. :cry:

Edit: Also, realize that I did not know about the cookies before you mentioned them, but now they are vital to the selection process.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Justathought wrote:
goosey wrote:the biggest reason to come to bls is the amazzzzzing cookies you will get at every event.
Will there be cookies at the info-visit tomorrow? If not BLS takes a substantial hit in my book. :cry:

Edit: Also, realize that I did not know about the cookies before you mentioned them, but now they are vital to the selection process.
I dont know what the info visit is..if its an actual event with other admitted students theres a real possibility---because there's ALWAYS cookies! and they're awesome.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:15 pm

goosey wrote:
Justathought wrote:

I dont know what the info visit is..if its an actual event with other admitted students theres a real possibility---because there's ALWAYS cookies! and they're awesome.
Nah, its just the 90 minute tour they host twice a week. I doubt there will be cookies, but if there are I will some how work them into a "why brooklyn" essay.

ligirl

New

Post by ligirl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:26 pm

and free breakfast and snacks during finals yum

jdncu

New

Post by jdncu » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 pm

mab85 wrote:
jessi419 wrote:
mab85 wrote:i was waitlisted via status checker on 2/4, has anyone else been waitlisted? will i get a letter or email with additional information? so far, i haven't received anything!
May I ask your LSAT/GPA numbers?

I've been in review for a little while, so I don't know the answer to your questions.

158/3.2-- happy to be waitlisted with my numbers! Submitted 12/20, In review 1/28
Bump.

Has anyone that has been wait-listed received a decision email?

Per the BLS website FAQs section: "You should read carefully the "Special Information and Recommendations for Wait-listed Candidates" attached to your decision e-mail."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mab85

New

Post by mab85 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:05 am

No, I was waitlisted 2/4 and still haven't received an email or letter.

neptunestar

New

Post by neptunestar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Been UR since early December, called a few days ago to see what was up and basically was told "Yup, you're still In Review" with no possible timeline for the future. Anyone else in this boat?

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:46 pm

neptunestar wrote:Been UR since early December, called a few days ago to see what was up and basically was told "Yup, you're still In Review" with no possible timeline for the future. Anyone else in this boat?
i went under review 11/4 and got accepted in early february. Youre wait is not that long, just calls for a little patience my friend

neptunestar

New

Post by neptunestar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:47 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
neptunestar wrote:Been UR since early December, called a few days ago to see what was up and basically was told "Yup, you're still In Review" with no possible timeline for the future. Anyone else in this boat?
i went under review 11/4 and got accepted in early february. Youre wait is not that long, just calls for a little patience my friend
Fair enough. I lack patience. Were you FT or PT?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ddawg819

New

Post by ddawg819 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:51 pm

has anyone been accepted for PT?

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:57 pm

neptunestar wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
Fair enough. I lack patience. Were you FT or PT?
full time

deltasigbn

New

Post by deltasigbn » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 pm

In today via status checker!

binghamtonalum

New

Post by binghamtonalum » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:12 pm

This may help out some of the people here. Was in review since 12/15, frustrated, I sent a brief e-mail with a LOCI (less than a paragraph), review date was updated just now.

Again, hope this helps!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:38 pm

binghamtonalum wrote:This may help out some of the people here. Was in review since 12/15, frustrated, I sent a brief e-mail with a LOCI (less than a paragraph), review date was updated just now.

Again, hope this helps!
Glad to hear about that. Ironically, I just sent in a brief LOCI too; I went on the info-visit yesterday, so I thanked them for the tour and told them that BLS is my top choice. I'm already in review, but languishing there, I hope this helps my chances!

Oh, just out of curiosity, did they respond to your LOCI?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should send them a LOCI or give them a call or SOMETHING just to make sure that they know that I'm still alive and waiting.

Ldubs

New

Post by Ldubs » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:50 pm

I've been in review since 12/22. Sent a LOCI 2 weeks ago and there was no response or update. I'm going on a tour tomorrow, hopefully I can get some info.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 pm

In review since 12/15.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neptunestar

New

Post by neptunestar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:31 pm

binghamtonalum wrote:This may help out some of the people here. Was in review since 12/15, frustrated, I sent a brief e-mail with a LOCI (less than a paragraph), review date was updated just now.

Again, hope this helps!
Which BK email address did you send it to? Was the LOCI attached or in the body of the email?

jessi419

New

Post by jessi419 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:51 pm

I received the wait list e-mail today. They provide a .pdf form to fill out and submit electronically, along with a document explaining their process for selecting off the waiting list. It's pretty informative.

binghamtonalum

New

Post by binghamtonalum » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:18 am

binghamtonalum wrote:
This may help out some of the people here. Was in review since 12/15, frustrated, I sent a brief e-mail with a LOCI (less than a paragraph), review date was updated just now.

Again, hope this helps!

Which BK email address did you send it to? Was the LOCI attached or in the body of the email?

It was in the body of the e-mail and was sent to admitq@brooklaw.edu

UPDATE! TWO Days after sending the LOCI, I was admitted =D expecting a scholarship letter to come as well, making it one of my top choices.

FOR ALL THOSE IN REVIEW FOR A LONG TIME! Send a LOCI, brief and to the point, and your file will be moved up.

binghamtonalum

New

Post by binghamtonalum » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:23 am

It was in the body of the e-mail and was sent to admitq@brooklaw.edu

UPDATE! TWO Days after sending the LOCI, I was admitted =D expecting a scholarship letter to come as well, making it one of my top choices.

FOR ALL THOSE IN REVIEW FOR A LONG TIME! Send a LOCI, brief and to the point, and your file will be moved up.[/quote]

Submitted 11/16, In Review from 12/15, LOCI on 2/8/11, accepted 2/10/11!

This was the LOCI submitted, please do not copy it. Just to give you guys an idea, I know how frustrating it is to wait, so hopefully this helps. God bless

Good morning, my name is _______and I am a proud applicant of Brooklyn Law School. I am writing to remind BLS of my interest in its outstanding law school. Brooklyn remains one of the top choices, not only for myself, but I’m sure for hundreds of other applicants. While the Admissions Staff is inundated with applications, I want to reiterate my desire to be at BLS in the Fall Semester.

I thank you so much for all of your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dadamafia

New

Post by dadamafia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks for sharing this information. As you stated, I also hope another TLSer doesnt copy your LOCI and send it in. Congratulations on your admission.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 am

dadamafia wrote:Thanks for sharing this information. As you stated, I also hope another TLSer doesnt copy your LOCI and send it in. Congratulations on your admission.
You really would have to be quite idiotic and exceptionally lazy to plagiarizer someone's one paragraph LOCI!

gummy19vp

New

Post by gummy19vp » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:17 pm

In via email

binghamtonalum

New

Post by binghamtonalum » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:30 pm

haha yea, that would be ridiculous. i just posted it to give an idea to others in the dark and in review since december. it worked for me and hopefully it'll work for you. just showing it doesn't take an elaborate loci to get your application moving.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”