William Mitchell 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Gold

Re: William Mitchell 2011

Post by chrisbru » Thu May 26, 2011 12:45 pm

singingkris wrote:Thank you for the detailed responses. Sounds lovely. Is it true that it snows for six months out of the year?
It's true that it can snow anytime during 6 or so months (late October to early April)... However, it doesn't actually snow all that time, and there won't even be snow on the ground the entire time. It all depends on the winter though, some are better than others.

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 pm

chrisbru wrote:
singingkris wrote:Thank you for the detailed responses. Sounds lovely. Is it true that it snows for six months out of the year?
It's true that it can snow anytime during 6 or so months (late October to early April)... However, it doesn't actually snow all that time, and there won't even be snow on the ground the entire time. It all depends on the winter though, some are better than others.
Thanks again!

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Does anyone know of good rentals by the school? I'm trying to find apartments on-line and have no idea where to look.
What do you guys think of Jeffersons at Berry (student apartments)? I've been reading reviews for different apartments and there seems to be some seedy locations in St. Paul.
I will be using public transportation to school, is Minneapolis too far?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:26 pm

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:26 am

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:42 pm

So I found an affordable place that excepts dogs 9.1 miles away from the school, only a 14 min drive. However, I plan on taking the bus. Oh dear am I crazy? But, this place has a really nice doggie park! I just know my little Sara will be happy here. Eeks!

KingMenes

New

Post by KingMenes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 pm

singingkris wrote:So I found an affordable place that excepts dogs 9.1 miles away from the school, only a 14 min drive. However, I plan on taking the bus. Oh dear am I crazy? But, this place has a really nice doggie park! I just know my little Sara will be happy here. Eeks!
It'll be hellish taking the bus everyday from Mpls to William Mitchell in St. Paul on a regular basis from November-March. Make no mistake, Minnesota winters are absolutely brutal. There is plenty of student type housing in St. Paul not too far from William Mitchell, as there are several small universities near William Mitchell. you mentioned the The Jefferson at Berry, which is a rather new housing community with plenty of amenities. Also, the location sits directly on the border of St. Paul and Mpls on the edge of the University of Minnesota campus, and luckily for you, quite a few buses pass that location from 5a to 1a M-Sa. Keep in mind, there is serious contruction taking place on University Ave for the next 1-2 years as the state builds a new LRT system connecting the two cities. The Berry place housing units are located on University Ave. On the other hand, you would be better served living closer to the Wiliam Mitchell. Visit the sites listed below and enter the William Mitchell zip code.

Have you tried:

rent411.com
apartmentfinder.com
apartments.com

Yes, it does often snow for nearly six months; basically from late november to late March or early April.
Last edited by KingMenes on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi KingMenes,

I have, I've gone through every web site available. I was kind of hoping to go green but, it looks like I'm going to have to buy a little hooptie when I move out there. I wanted to live in St. Paul, but it's just not working out....

And the rent is less in Minneapolis...so awe well.

Hey, Good luck with your cycle!

:)

KingMenes

New

Post by KingMenes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Did you already find an apartment? The rent between the two cities is pretty much even; in fact, I would think that the rent in Minneapolis is overall higher, but it also depends on the area you move to. As in any metro, there are good and bad areas, just hope you are moving to a good area of Minneapolis.

Thanks, I look forward to starting my cycle.
Btw, why did you choose William Mitchell over the UofM law school with such a stellar GPA?

If you'll need a vehicle, go here ---> http://www.carsoup.com

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:16 pm

KingMenes wrote:Did you already find an apartment?

Btw, why did you choose William Mitchell over the UofM law school with such a stellar GPA?

That's easy, because I have a horrible LSAT...lol. I was practicing and scoring around 167 but on test day....boy did I blow it. B-I-G time. Time prevails, I have no second chances and I knew it at the time I took my test. I think all the pressure got to me. U of M invited me to apply but, they didn't provide me with a fee waiver. They wanted me to provide them with my w2s, etc. Lame. I say if you invite someone to apply, you should automatically waive the fee! No?

Have you taken your LSAT yet? If not, I wish you all the best! Get those scores... so you can get that $$.

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

KingMenes wrote:Did you already find an apartment? The rent between the two cities is pretty much even; in fact, I would think that the rent in Minneapolis is overall higher, but it also depends on the area you move to. As in any metro, there are good and bad areas, just hope you are moving to a good area of Minneapolis.

If you'll need a vehicle, go here ---> http://www.carsoup.com
I was looking at Laurel Village....thanks for the info, I will definitely check it out!

KingMenes

New

Post by KingMenes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:27 pm

What matters is that you prepared the best you could and you received a score that earned you a spot in the top 100. I totally understand that everyone has different circumstances. You know; I just realized you are moving from Cali to Minnesota. I'm actually hoping to move from Minnesota to Cali :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I took the February 2011 exam @ William Mitchell, lol, and scored 70th Percentile. A few days after the test; I was so anxious about waiting for my score I started doing some additional LSAT research and found TLS. I decided to use PithyPikes study method this time around; retook the June 2011 test, just waiting for my score to be released. Hopefully, my hard work will earn me the score I deserve.

Btw, Laurel Village is a nice location right in downtown Minneapolis, but it isn't cheap depending on your price range.

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:35 pm

KingMenes wrote:What matters is that you prepared the best you could and you received a score that earned you a spot in the top 100. I totally understand that everyone has different circumstances. You know; I just realized you are moving from Cali to Minnesota. I'm actually hoping to move from Minnesota to Cali :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I took the February 2011 exam @ William Mitchell, lol, and scored 70th Percentile. A few days after the test; I was so anxious about waiting for my score I started doing some additional LSAT research and found TLS. I decided to use PithyPikes study method this time around; retook the June 2011 test, just waiting for my score to be released. Hopefully, my hard work will earn me the score I deserve.

Btw, Laurel Village is a nice location right in downtown Minneapolis, but it isn't cheap depending on your price range.
You're moving to CA? Welcome! What part (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm from coastal S. Cal. fickle weather, but when the sun shines, boy does it shine.
Have you ever lived out here? You're going to love it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

KingMenes

New

Post by KingMenes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 pm

@Singingkris

I lived in San Diego when I was a freshmen in high school and I really loved the city. In fact, I tell people all the time that Minneapolis-St. Paul is San Diego if you planted it in the North Pole from November thru April. I won't know where I'm attending school until my cycle is over but I'm interested in San Diego, Hastings, Loyola in LA; but DC is another city that interests me.

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:42 pm

KingMenes wrote:@Singingkris

I lived in San Diego when I was a freshmen in high school and I really loved the city. In fact, I tell people all the time that Minneapolis-St. Paul is San Diego if you planted it in the North Pole from November thru April. I won't know where I'm attending school until my cycle is over but I'm interested in San Diego, Hastings, Loyola in LA; but DC is another city that interests me.
I lived in SD for my Undergrad, I loved it there! One of my favorite cities in CA. The weather so beautiful! There's so much to do, a very versatile and diverse city.

Oh, I hope you get into the school of your dreams! Best wishes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”