St. Thomas (MN) 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
saintpaulJ

Re: St. Thomas (MN) 2011

Postby saintpaulJ » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:22 pm

chrisbru wrote:
saintpaulJ wrote:My online status checker was updated Monday and I received the info packet in the mail two days later.

In with a full scholarship. Nice.

Congrats! Thoughts on attending?

Thank you. I'm still waiting on my William Mitchell packet to arrive in the mail. WM would be my first choice.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:41 pm

saintpaulJ wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
saintpaulJ wrote:My online status checker was updated Monday and I received the info packet in the mail two days later.

Thank you. I'm still waiting on my William Mitchell packet to arrive in the mail. WM would be my first choice.

I'm not 100% sure, but St. Thomas's full ride sure looks good to me right now. I got WL'd at UMN (which I'm pretty pissed about, honestly) and only a 40% scholarship at WM (also annoyed). Denver, DePaul, and Nebraska all gave me more money, and are ranked better. Still waiting on scholarship offers from WUSTL and Iowa, plus admission decision/potential scholarship from Colorado.

Based on these factors, St. Thomas is my choice if I end up in the TC. It all depends on where my gf gets in too though.

saintpaulJ

Postby saintpaulJ » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:02 pm

chrisbru wrote:
saintpaulJ wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, but St. Thomas's full ride sure looks good to me right now. I got WL'd at UMN (which I'm pretty pissed about, honestly) and only a 40% scholarship at WM (also annoyed). Denver, DePaul, and Nebraska all gave me more money, and are ranked better. Still waiting on scholarship offers from WUSTL and Iowa, plus admission decision/potential scholarship from Colorado.

Based on these factors, St. Thomas is my choice if I end up in the TC. It all depends on where my gf gets in too though.

Wow, is your gf applying to law school as well? As you probably already know, the TC are a great place to live. A full ride in the local market would be hard to turn down.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 pm

saintpaulJ wrote:
Wow, is your gf applying to law school as well? As you probably already know, the TC are a great place to live. A full ride in the local market would be hard to turn down.

Nah, she's getting her Doctorette in Physical Therapy, or a second master's in Occupational Therapy (depending on where she gets in.) She applied to UMn and St. Cait's in the twin cities, Clarke and St. Ambrose (both an hour or so from U of Iowa) and Colorado State (about an hour from Denver and Colorado U). So we'll see what happens for her, but I would love to live in the twin cities for sure.

I'm slightly worried about the hiring prospects from UST, but ~$50k in debt from cost of living would mean I only need to make $55k or so a year out of school to be in the same living style I'm accustomed to now with the extra debt load. Plus, the people I know who currently attend UST are pretty hopeful, even as 1L's after a semester.

saintpaulJ

Postby saintpaulJ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:50 pm

chrisbru wrote:
saintpaulJ wrote:

Nah, she's getting her Doctorette in Physical Therapy, or a second master's in Occupational Therapy (depending on where she gets in.) She applied to UMn and St. Cait's in the twin cities, Clarke and St. Ambrose (both an hour or so from U of Iowa) and Colorado State (about an hour from Denver and Colorado U). So we'll see what happens for her, but I would love to live in the twin cities for sure.

I'm slightly worried about the hiring prospects from UST, but ~$50k in debt from cost of living would mean I only need to make $55k or so a year out of school to be in the same living style I'm accustomed to now with the extra debt load. Plus, the people I know who currently attend UST are pretty hopeful, even as 1L's after a semester.

Well I hope she receives good news as well. Best of luck to you both!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”