lawandi wrote:I asked for a merit scholarship reevaluation, because I have 87 and 120K at WUSTL and IUB, and it wouldn't make sense for me to choose UCI with only 1/3. They said they're completely drained on funds.
I'm really sad about this. I'm unsure about whether or not to go to ASD. I don't want to fall in love with a school I can't go to.
Any advice? It would be greatly appreciated.
Depends on your hard-line stance on $$ in relation to your school choice. Did you apply knowing that you needed to accept the best financial offer, and knew that law school wasn't feasible without a substantial scholarship? Or were you looking to make a more cumulative decision, based on the education you wanted, your job prospects, personal choices, as well as money? Yes, seeing the school and loving it without 100% certainty about the cost is hard, but at least you'll know you have all the facts in front of you when you make your choice.
And as far as money being available later, that's possible. Can't speak for UCI in particular, but my current law school friends/graduates had experience with getting more money from their schools after the deposit deadlines.