UC Irvine 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lfp

Bronze

Re: UC Irvine 2011 Applicants

Post by lfp » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 am

pinkgrapefruit wrote:Did you guys receive a confirmation email after you sent your application? I sent mine in a little late, and haven't received anything...
I got a confirmation email that they got my paper copy of my application on 1/10, and that I should request a copy of my LSAC file. I emailed them two weeks later to verify that they got my LSAC file too, and I never got a reply... until a week later when I got an acceptance call.

lawandi

Bronze

Post by lawandi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Just got the acceptance phone call!!!! Sooo excited!!! See you guys at open house at the end of this month.

lfp

Bronze

Post by lfp » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:51 pm

lawandi wrote:Just got the acceptance phone call!!!! Sooo excited!!! See you guys at open house at the end of this month.
Congrats! See you there!

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

see me there too please!

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Got the call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't be happier!!!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lfp

Bronze

Post by lfp » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:14 pm

nelaw2010 wrote:Got the call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! Congrats! Potential classmates, horray!

thegreatk

Bronze

Post by thegreatk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:37 pm

nelaw2010 wrote:Got the call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Are you going to send Davis an email telling them to suck it?

jck4487

Bronze

Post by jck4487 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:46 pm

thegreatk wrote:

Congrats everyone! I'm so stoked for the ASD in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to get out of Utah...

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:56 pm

thegreatk wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!! Yes, DAVIS can suck it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was really surprised to be WL at Davis, but now I don't even care. I visited UCI and attended a class (Civ Pro). It was awesome. The teachers are super involved, and EVERYBODY seems to know each other on a first name basis. You feel like you're part of something special when you're there. You feel like you're part of creating something new, like the founding fathers must have felt (I know that sounds cheesy, but that's honestly how it felt). It's like the students know they have the added responsibility of creating the reputation that UCI will have in the future.

I really cannot wait to go there. Everyone I met was awesome. I have been accepted at other schools, but this one got me super excited. I'm also a huge fan of Dean Chemerinsky, so I think that helps.

UCI rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I apologize for the overuse of the !).
Last edited by nelaw2010 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jck4487

Bronze

Post by jck4487 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:35 pm

nelaw2010 wrote:
thegreatk wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!! Yes, DAVIS can suck it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was really surprised to be WL at Davis, but now I don't even care. I visited UCI and attended a class (Civ Pro). It was awesome. The teachers are super involved, and EVERYBODY seems to know each other on a first name basis. You feel like you're part of something special when you're there. You feel like you're part of creating something new, like the founding fathers must have felt (I know that sounds cheesy, but that's honestly how it felt). It like the students there know they have the added responsibility of creating the reputation that UCI will have in the future.

I really cannot wait to go there. Everyone I met was awesome. I have been accepted at other schools, but this one got me super excited. I'm also a huge fan of Dean Chemerinsky, so I think that helps.

UCI rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I apologize for the overuse of the !).
+1x10000000000.

I totally agree, UCI is awesome. There's definitely something special about it. The people who decide to attend the school are there because they are excited about it.

ViP

Bronze

Post by ViP » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm so excited and happy for all the admits so far! Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting!

It seems like you all have a good grasp of the type of atmosphere and law school experience UCI is nurturing. :)

Metaread

Bronze

Post by Metaread » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 am

Could any current UC Irvine students open a thread in the "Discuss you law school" section and answer some questions? Cuz that would be sweet.

lfp

Bronze

Post by lfp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:01 am

Metaread wrote:Could any current UC Irvine students open a thread in the "Discuss you law school" section and answer some questions? Cuz that would be sweet.
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ViP

Bronze

Post by ViP » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:39 am

lfp wrote:
Metaread wrote:Could any current UC Irvine students open a thread in the "Discuss you law school" section and answer some questions? Cuz that would be sweet.
+1
Done :) .

lawandi

Bronze

Post by lawandi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 pm

lfp wrote:

YAY! Congrats! Potential classmates, horray!
I love the enthusiasm :)! Congrats all!

lfp

Bronze

Post by lfp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:11 pm

For all the admitted people out there: did I miss an email/mailing about the ASD schedule, or are we still without details? Trying to finalize my travel plans...

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Wonder if UCI will accept a sub 160 LSAT. Hoping for good news.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:13 pm

risktaker wrote:Wonder if UCI will accept a sub 160 LSAT. Hoping for good news.
wonder if uci will accept a sub 2.5 gpa from its own undergraduate. hoping for good news

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:16 pm

red_alertz wrote:
wonder if uci will accept a sub 2.5 gpa from its own undergraduate. hoping for good news
haha, hope we both get in

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:20 pm

seriously man, UCI is by far my #1 choice, not even close

melanne89

Bronze

Post by melanne89 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:27 pm

red_alertz wrote:

I'm a UCI undergrad as well and I am still waiting. When I first submitted by app, they emailed me and asked me for my Winter Quarter classes and grades (considering it was February, I could only give them my list of classes) did they do that for you as well? If you log onto your student access, does it have a law section? Mine does, don't think that means anything though :(. I get the feeling I'm going to maybe get a waitlist or deny. How is your LSAT?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:30 pm

melanne89 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:

I'm a UCI undergrad as well and I am still waiting. When I first submitted by app, they emailed me and asked me for my Winter Quarter classes and grades (considering it was February, I could only give them my list of classes) did they do that for you as well? If you log onto your student access, does it have a law section? Mine does, don't think that means anything though :(. I get the feeling I'm going to maybe get a waitlist or deny. How is your LSAT?
I was a UCI undergrad and applied last year with a 3.64 and a 157...I was rejected.

Got in this year with a 3.64 and re-take score of 169.

GL!

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:31 pm

melanne89 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:

I had this last year...doesn't mean anything...sorry :(

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:32 pm

yeah man, ur GPA is a whole point higher, and LSAT is a few points higher too, I need a ton of luck to get in...

melanne89

Bronze

Post by melanne89 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:
melanne89 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:

I had this last year...doesn't mean anything...sorry :(

Yeah, I figured as much. My LSAT is a 162, don't think that will cut it. Should be seeing that deny letter in the mail any day now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”