Ole Miss Applicants c/o 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
txadv11

Silver

Re: Ole Miss Applicants c/o 2014

Post by txadv11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:06 pm

rejected today via snail mail.

jwsteine

New

Post by jwsteine » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:10 pm

what were your numbers if you don't mind me asking, I am still waiting to hear back

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:15 pm

jwsteine wrote:what were your numbers if you don't mind me asking, I am still waiting to hear back
PM'ed you

Rooney

Silver

Post by Rooney » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 pm

jaymaynard wrote:Accepted today via mailing. Anyone have any idea how easy it is to establish residency after 1L?
--LinkRemoved--
Sounds straightforward

jaymaynard

Bronze

Post by jaymaynard » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Rooney wrote:
jaymaynard wrote:Accepted today via mailing. Anyone have any idea how easy it is to establish residency after 1L?
--LinkRemoved--
Sounds straightforward
Yeah, thanks, I read that. I just know that some things as easier said than done, so I was just wondering if anyone from the boards had successfully done it without much resistance.

Thanks for the link though

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JD is Gucci

New

Post by JD is Gucci » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Hey, whatsup everyone? I received the "Decision Rendered" on 2/2/2011 as well. I never received an e-mail or any other form of status notification from them and I know some people on here said they did receive an e-mail and some didn't. I was just curious as to if anyone ONLY got the "Decision Rendered" status like me and still got dinged?...no mail again today and this wait is ridiculous!..

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 pm

JD is Gucci wrote:Hey, whatsup everyone? I received the "Decision Rendered" on 2/2/2011 as well. I never received an e-mail or any other form of status notification from them and I know some people on here said they did receive an e-mail and some didn't. I was just curious as to if anyone ONLY got the "Decision Rendered" status like me and still got dinged?...no mail again today and this wait is ridiculous!..
Same here, envelope with my rejection letter was postmarked 2/2 I just got it today. Mail is slower than normal due to recent weather.

solarae

Bronze

Post by solarae » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm

had a decision rendered today so i guess i'll expect mail in a month =P

WVUguy11

Bronze

Post by WVUguy11 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:42 pm

When did you go into review?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

solarae

Bronze

Post by solarae » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 pm

UR 1/20 applied 1/7

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Seems that they are a hell of a lot more honest about employment and salary info than some other schools out there.

rli66

Bronze

Post by rli66 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Are these people ever going to issue scholarships? Jesus Christ.

Not that I'd go there but shit.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/dc496

jaymaynard

Bronze

Post by jaymaynard » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:56 pm

rli66 wrote:Are these people ever going to issue scholarships? Jesus Christ.

Not that I'd go there but shit.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/dc496
Qft. Got admitted yesterday, but wont seriously consider without some
$$$

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WVUguy11

Bronze

Post by WVUguy11 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Went into committee review today. How long does that usually last?

jaymaynard

Bronze

Post by jaymaynard » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm

WVUguy11 wrote:Went into committee review today. How long does that usually last?
Only took me like 2 weeks. No scholarship info yet though. I got a big packet in the mail today from them and thought it was scholarship info but it was just some generic packet of info.

WVUguy11

Bronze

Post by WVUguy11 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Did they update status checker or did u find out via packet first.

jaymaynard

Bronze

Post by jaymaynard » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 pm

WVUguy11 wrote:Did they update status checker or did u find out via packet first.
Status checker was updated, but it just said "decision rendered"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Knuckles

New

Post by Knuckles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi everyone, just got word today that I was admitted to Ole Miss Law. w00t!

Okay, so here's my information:

LSAT: 159
GPA: 3.63
Major: Linguistics, Russian (there should be a term for a 40+ hour minor...)

I'm an undergrad at Ole Miss currently (Mississippi native). I found out by calling the admissions office to inquire about when my decision letter was mailed (found out today, decision was rendered on the ninth). I wouldn't recommend calling their office to ask about their decision, the young lady on the phone was just particularly helpful, perhaps in lieu of my audible upper respiratory infection. Good thing too: my roommates are ready to kill me with my fierce mailbox-stalking.

Those of you who have not visited Oxford already are in for a pleasant surprise I think. Best of luck to those of you who've yet to find out! If you have any questions about housing in Oxford or about Oxford/Ole Miss generally, shoot me a PM.

jaymaynard

Bronze

Post by jaymaynard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Knuckles wrote:Hi everyone, just got word today that I was admitted to Ole Miss Law. w00t!

Okay, so here's my information:

LSAT: 159
GPA: 3.63
Major: Linguistics, Russian (there should be a term for a 40+ hour minor...)

I'm an undergrad at Ole Miss currently (Mississippi native). I found out by calling the admissions office to inquire about when my decision letter was mailed (found out today, decision was rendered on the ninth). I wouldn't recommend calling their office to ask about their decision, the young lady on the phone was just particularly helpful, perhaps in lieu of my audible upper respiratory infection. Good thing too: my roommates are ready to kill me with my fierce mailbox-stalking.

Those of you who have not visited Oxford already are in for a pleasant surprise I think. Best of luck to those of you who've yet to find out! If you have any questions about housing in Oxford or about Oxford/Ole Miss generally, shoot me a PM.
Did they say anything about scholarship info?

Knuckles

New

Post by Knuckles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Nope. Frankly I'm not expecting any scholarship money at all; Ole Miss Law isn't known for it since the sticker price is rather low. I would be overjoyed to find out that I got even 2k a year or something, however. Small scholarships = money for rent.

I'll let you know either way, though.

jaymaynard

Bronze

Post by jaymaynard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Knuckles wrote:Nope. Frankly I'm not expecting any scholarship money at all; Ole Miss Law isn't known for it since the sticker price is rather low. I would be overjoyed to find out that I got even 2k a year or something, however. Small scholarships = money for rent.

I'll let you know either way, though.
Yeah. I am OOS though. Some schools give in state tuition waivers to OOSers

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Knuckles

New

Post by Knuckles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you; that'd save you a cool 10k. Getting residency is easy in the latter two years, though.

BTW, I'm rooting for you OOS people... I'd like to see some Northern faces to break up the monotony of the Good Ol' Boys Club (which is very, very real and does not count me amongst its numbers).

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Knuckles wrote:I'll keep my fingers crossed for you; that'd save you a cool 10k. Getting residency is easy in the latter two years, though.

BTW, I'm rooting for you OOS people... I'd like to see some Northern faces to break up the monotony of the Good Ol' Boys Club (which is very, very real and does not count me amongst its numbers).
That is something I have wondered about "the Good Ol' Boys" thing. I go accepted way back but they have to waive out of state to get people to seriously consider attending. Seriously though, how many Northerners can Ole Miss Law possibly have?

jaymaynard

Bronze

Post by jaymaynard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Knuckles wrote:I'll keep my fingers crossed for you; that'd save you a cool 10k. Getting residency is easy in the latter two years, though.

Thanks. It would definitely affect my decision. I got into U of Ark with 8k to offset OOS costs and 2k thereafter, so they'd have to at least match that

Knuckles

New

Post by Knuckles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, there is a distinct subculture (emphasis on cult) of native Mississippians who are the evolved form of Ole Miss fraternity boys. Polos, khakis, dip... there are a number of things that aid in identifying their species. But, generally speaking, the Ole Miss crowd is diverse enough to allow for you to get past that. I went here for four years and was adequately entertained socially. Oxford as a town is simply awesome, albeit smaller and slower paced than where some of you may call home.

I don't know about how law school is going to be, though. It is, after all, where the queen bee of Mississippi nepotism is housed.

Your irritation and disgust are directly proportional to your exposure to the Square/Frat row.

For those lovers of women, our female constituency is an excellent compensation (if you can overlook their addiction to Nike shorts and tanning, which are about as widespread as herpes on campus [don't ask]).

I'm from Biloxi (the Gulf Coast), so the ways of WASP North Mississippians are about as alien to me as they are to you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”