Changing mailing address for winter break? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starrydreamz3

Silver

Changing mailing address for winter break?

Post by starrydreamz3 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:40 pm

So I'm starting to realize that putting my off-campus address may not have been the smartest idea, seeing as I'll be back in my hometown from Christmas to the 3rd week of January. This seems prime time for a lot of schools to be sending out decisions.

Should I email the admissions people in early December and tell them to use my permanent address for the month I'm on break from school? Get my mail forwarded? Anyone else go through this predicament before?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Changing mailing address for winter break?

Post by Knock » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:51 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:So I'm starting to realize that putting my off-campus address may not have been the smartest idea, seeing as I'll be back in my hometown from Christmas to the 3rd week of January. This seems prime time for a lot of schools to be sending out decisions.

Should I email the admissions people in early December and tell them to use my permanent address for the month I'm on break from school? Get my mail forwarded? Anyone else go through this predicament before?
Not sure what to do, but I think most people just deal with it. I've never heard of someone emailing schools and requesting this, it seems like a lot to ask and a hassle for schools. I've read around on LSN and TLS a bit and I remember reading people who returned to their mailing address and had an acceptance or two waiting for them.

I'm in the same predicament, and will just deal with it. My mailbox is super tiny though, so i'll put in a request with the post office to hold my mail for while i'm back home.

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:06 am

Yeah I kinda figured I wouldn't bother the school with it. Oh well, the suspense makes it that much better!

Thanks for your response.

MM326

Bronze

Post by MM326 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:41 am

starrydreamz3 wrote:So I'm starting to realize that putting my off-campus address may not have been the smartest idea, seeing as I'll be back in my hometown from Christmas to the 3rd week of January. This seems prime time for a lot of schools to be sending out decisions.

Couldn't you ask your post office to forward your mail temporarily? I'm planning on having my school do this for me over winter break as well.

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:41 pm

MM326 wrote:

Couldn't you ask your post office to forward your mail temporarily? I'm planning on having my school do this for me over winter break as well.
Yeah I acutally just looked on USPS website and you can do it all online. So I guess that will work if they send it through the postal service and not fed ex or ups.

Here's the website for anyone who's interested. You can put in any date and it only costs a dollar.

http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforrecei ... elcome.htm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”