waiting for decisions Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
northwood

Platinum

waiting for decisions

Post by northwood » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Since we all have our applications in, how are you going to spend your time? Are you going to visit the schools once you found out that you are in ( even if you have or have not visited them before sending out your application)?.

Well Cheers to you, and best of luck. Once the decisions start rollling in, feel free to share your results!

Amir N

Bronze

Re: waiting for decisions

Post by Amir N » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:00 pm

I plan to visit most of the schools I've applied to if offered acceptance, given they're all within a day's drive. We should start hearing back from schools soon right? Based off the decision charts, many start offering acceptances around this time...

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 pm

I visited the schools I thought about applying ED to. If accepted at GTown I'll prob visit before I hear back from Penn ED this way i'll know whether or not I should send that ED contract to UVA in case I'm disappointed by Penn. I feel like if it came down to GTown and UVA both at sticker I'd be an idiot to pick GTown, but I wasn't feeling rural VA.

How I'm spending my time? If not checking status checkers, than prob on TLS most likely checking out the GULC waiting thread. :|

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:05 pm

I have about 15 applications out and will send out 3 more in the next few days. I'm not sure why but the fact that I have so many apps out just makes it seem like I will be getting a few decisions in the near future. There is no logic behind my reasoning. Just optimism.

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:17 pm

I thought when I was accepted to Georgetown last friday I would be able to relax, instead I have been more nervous now that I know decisions are coming. TLS is terrible for my mental health. Cruising this site induces anxiety.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:01 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I thought when I was accepted to Georgetown last friday I would be able to relax, instead I have been more nervous now that I know decisions are coming. TLS is terrible for my mental health. Cruising this site induces anxiety.
How long is GTown giving you to make a decision on whether you're attending (i.e., put your deposit in, etc)?

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:I thought when I was accepted to Georgetown last friday I would be able to relax, instead I have been more nervous now that I know decisions are coming. TLS is terrible for my mental health. Cruising this site induces anxiety.
How long is GTown giving you to make a decision on whether you're attending (i.e., put your deposit in, etc)?
No idea I assume quite a while. Nothing about it in the acceptance letter. They don't give scholarship info for a couple months I believe. I am thinking april.

MM326

Bronze

Post by MM326 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 am

So true. I thought that once I got my first acceptance I could relax, but now I'm just more impatient for the next ones!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:38 am

I think we have until march or april to make our decision. Plenty of time to visit schools, negotiate for more money ( hopefully), and determine the best school for us. and even sit in on a class or 2. Thats the nice thing about being done so early, well get to make the most informed decision as we possibly can.

lulu12

New

Post by lulu12 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:07 am

I visited my ED school before I applied, and I'm holding off on visits to other schools until I get acceptances. No point in wasting my time/$ unless there's a chance I might go there.

Waiting is killer, though. I really hope admissions officials can't track how often and at what times we check the status checkers. My record will probably make me look like an unemployed insomniac.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”