Pepperdine 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
2807
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby 2807 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:56 pm

I have a DR as of 2/7. Any idea of when I will hear? Is it snailmail only?

And, uh,.... do they post "accepted" on the status page... or do even you lucky people get the neutral "DR" and have to wait ??

I am reverse splitter-- 3.86, and am hoping for the best...

Thanks

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby PinkCow » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:03 pm

2807 wrote:I have a DR as of 2/7. Any idea of when I will hear? Is it snailmail only?

And, uh,.... do they post "accepted" on the status page... or do even you lucky people get the neutral "DR" and have to wait ??

I am reverse splitter-- 3.86, and am hoping for the best...

Thanks



It just stays at DR. If you got a Wavenet account, you might get to check there. But yeah, mine still says DR and I got accepted almost a month ago.

Irrelephant
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby Irrelephant » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:09 pm

In via wavenet, but package was waiting when I got home from work w/ $15k per year.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby bergg007 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:12 pm

PinkCow wrote:
2807 wrote:I have a DR as of 2/7. Any idea of when I will hear? Is it snailmail only?

And, uh,.... do they post "accepted" on the status page... or do even you lucky people get the neutral "DR" and have to wait ??

I am reverse splitter-- 3.86, and am hoping for the best...

Thanks



It just stays at DR. If you got a Wavenet account, you might get to check there. But yeah, mine still says DR and I got accepted almost a month ago.


How do you get a wavenet account. I am just hoping to find out sooner.

User avatar
nillumin
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby nillumin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:36 pm

I was given a waveNet account today, I logged in and it says I have been admitted. Scholarship information/financial aid information would be given in an email/or package I assume? I haven't received either yet...

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby Midnight Rider » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:11 pm

mia137 wrote:But what it really comes down to is that I have absolutely no intention of going to work for a big name law firm. I would never even entertain an offer, let alone apply for one. Obviously, if that was my goal, I would be going to the best ranked school I could go into...but then, I also would have retaken the LSAT and aimed for a top 3 school. For my goals, I don't think the ranking of the school will make much of a difference, within reason. Pepperdine is very well regarded, especially locally, and will give me another valuable network. I am confident that I will get a fantastic education there and I feel that Pepperdine also offers a lot of amazing opportunities


This. I'm not in the same boat financially, but goals-wise, I'm leaving big business to pursue some personal dreams that don't involve someone else owning my time from 8-8 every day. And frankly speaking, with my stats, unless I go to another big-box state school, it's going to cost me dearly anyway. Pepperdine legitimately seemed like a great community to join and if I'm going to borrow $100k to go to school, might as well be there. That being said...if Loyola $$ comes calling, I may change that tune.

**Edit** Just saw status check changed to Decision Rendered 2/7. Here's hoping for the big envelope in the mailbox when I get home.

User avatar
nicole88
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby nicole88 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 am

in! :) 166/3.45 hoping for some $$
Malibu would be quite the change from snowy PA!

User avatar
nillumin
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby nillumin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Got my packet today.....received the dean's scholarship...i'm pretty excited.

User avatar
nicole88
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby nicole88 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:52 pm

nicole88 wrote:in! :) 166/3.45 hoping for some $$
Malibu would be quite the change from snowy PA!


got packet with info - $25k/year :)

hector311
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby hector311 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

nicole88 wrote:
nicole88 wrote:in! :) 166/3.45 hoping for some $$
Malibu would be quite the change from snowy PA!


got packet with info - $25k/year :)


with a 166 you'll probably get it. I'm in with 42k/year at 165/3.92. Trying to make the call about attending...its Malibu...Tier 2...but its Malibu...and the attorneys I have spoken with (even here in AZ) say that Pepperdine holds serious weight...oh ya, and its Malibu

User avatar
nillumin
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby nillumin » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Does anyone live in Malibu or visited the campus yet? I've never been to California and have spent my whole life in Philadelphia. I am very tempted by the offer to go there, but am unsure if California is for me. I wasn't expecting them to be so generous...

User avatar
nicole88
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby nicole88 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:38 am

nillumin wrote:Does anyone live in Malibu or visited the campus yet? I've never been to California and have spent my whole life in Philadelphia. I am very tempted by the offer to go there, but am unsure if California is for me. I wasn't expecting them to be so generous...


Yeah, actually, I go to school in Philadelphia and I've lived most of my life in PA. I went out and visited Pepperdine and I really loved it. My only thing is I'm pretty sure I want to eventually move back to the east coast and practice here, so I don't know if that's really going to happen with going to Pepperdine. I just visited for a week, but if there's something you think I might be able to answer for you, from a Philadelphian's perspective :P feel free to PM me

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby Midnight Rider » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Reality check time...got my first TT waitlist ever. Didn't see that coming. I visited, toured, shot the breeze with admins and faculty, got a tan, met some actors/marines from Generation Kill at Moonshadows... What is this strange feeling that i feel? Sad applicant is sad.

LegallyPumpkin
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:29 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby LegallyPumpkin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Midnight Rider wrote:Reality check time...got my first TT waitlist ever. Didn't see that coming. I visited, toured, shot the breeze with admins and faculty, got a tan, met some actors/marines from Generation Kill at Moonshadows... What is this strange feeling that i feel? Sad applicant is sad.


Sorry about that. What are your stats?

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby Midnight Rider » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:25 pm

LSAT (slightly) > 75%, GPA < 25%
My surprise is based mostly on admits w/$$ in last year's cycle at schools with similar rank/stats. Life dictated that I not take those options and this year I tried to look for similar targets in more feasible locations. I guess expectations were the problem here...that and my idiocy as a teenager when it came to undergrad. Not sure if I'll take the waitlist. Any thoughts on how long before they start pulling folks off of the list?

edf2011
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby edf2011 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:35 pm

how do you get a wavenet account?

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:00 pm

edf2011 wrote:how do you get a wavenet account?


it looks like you get it when you get admitted

edf2011
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby edf2011 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

there seems to be some sort of time delay? Hoping there is I too have the decision rendered--no snail mail yet.

mia137
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby mia137 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:08 pm

nillumin wrote:Does anyone live in Malibu or visited the campus yet? I've never been to California and have spent my whole life in Philadelphia. I am very tempted by the offer to go there, but am unsure if California is for me. I wasn't expecting them to be so generous...


I live in Topanga Canyon, just down PCH. I was born in Philly but moved out here as a baby so I can't give you comparisons. :) I grew up only about 30 minutes north of LA and thought I would hate living in LA but went for UCLA undergrad and figured I could leave as soon as a graduated. I actually came to enjoy myself. I mean, there are a lot of pretentious a-holes in this city who only care about what kind of car you drive and what clothes you wear, so if you don't find a comfortable zone right away it can be a bit alienating. It helps a lot to live in a laid back area. (Of course, if pretentious, label concious a-holes are your type, ignore this! :wink: ) Santa Monica and Venice are very cool, fun places with a lot to do and a young, diverse crowd. They're a little bit of a drive from Pepperdine but by LA commuting standards, they're totally doable. I LOVE living in Topanga. It's super chill, there are AMAZING trails for biking, hiking, etc, and my neighbors are wonderful. However, it's a bit crunchy. I'm not hippy-ish at all and fit right in but some people find the area a bit strange. As far as Malibu itself goes, I love it in the small doses I get. There are some great restaurant and places to shop. Of course, they're expensive but then it's a rich town.

Bottom line is that Malibu is on the outskirts of LA which is a huge city. There's a lot of bad in this city but there's also a lot of good. There's just a lot of everything. No matter your culture, skin color, hobbies, loves, hates, sexual orientation, etc, there's a niche for you. If you can make your way through all the stuff that's not for you and find your spot, you'll probably love it here.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

mia137
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby mia137 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Midnight Rider wrote:LSAT (slightly) > 75%, GPA < 25%
My surprise is based mostly on admits w/$$ in last year's cycle at schools with similar rank/stats. Life dictated that I not take those options and this year I tried to look for similar targets in more feasible locations. I guess expectations were the problem here...that and my idiocy as a teenager when it came to undergrad. Not sure if I'll take the waitlist. Any thoughts on how long before they start pulling folks off of the list?


So sorry Midnight. :( Hoping you get pulled from the WL!

edf2011
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby edf2011 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:11 pm

nillumin wrote:I was given a waveNet account today, I logged in and it says I have been admitted. Scholarship information/financial aid information would be given in an email/or package I assume? I haven't received either yet...

when did you get the wavenet account--called admissions very cagey over there...

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:38 pm

edf2011 wrote:
nillumin wrote:I was given a waveNet account today, I logged in and it says I have been admitted. Scholarship information/financial aid information would be given in an email/or package I assume? I haven't received either yet...

when did you get the wavenet account--called admissions very cagey over there...


I changed to Decision Rendered today, so I, too, would like to know the answer to this...

mia137
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby mia137 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Chris Ross wrote:
edf2011 wrote:
nillumin wrote:I was given a waveNet account today, I logged in and it says I have been admitted. Scholarship information/financial aid information would be given in an email/or package I assume? I haven't received either yet...

when did you get the wavenet account--called admissions very cagey over there...


I changed to Decision Rendered today, so I, too, would like to know the answer to this...


I went DR on a Friday, got my Wavenet account the morning of the following Tuesday (logged in that morning and showed "complete" that afternoon showed "admitted"), and my packet the next day, Wednesday. I also live close to Malibu so others may find their packet takes a little longer to arrive.

edf2011
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby edf2011 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:49 pm

by 'get' do you mean you received an email or us mail with your wavenet account information?

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby bergg007 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:42 pm

2.9 167 put on the WL. Oh well.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot], Zoe107 and 4 guests