Pepperdine 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lalalawya

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby lalalawya » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:24 pm

I got a big envelope from Pepperdine today. Unfortunately, it was just one of their informational books. Really??

My file has been sitting in your office for eight months now and I've accepted my spot on the waitlist, AND sent in a LOCI...pretty sure you don't need to "sell" your school to me anymore...just a letter of acceptance would be fine. Thanks for making my heart skip a beat though!...You dirty tease.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Anyone not making the Second seat deposit?

LS-boundNYC

Postby LS-boundNYC » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:38 pm

jstubbs wrote:Anyone not making the Second seat deposit?

Considering it. I got 2 WL offers this week. I'm kind of overwhelmed with the options.

ashle484

Postby ashle484 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Do we think there is going to be any waitlist movement this year?

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:42 am

ashle484 wrote:Do we think there is going to be any waitlist movement this year?

I hope so...I am guessing there has been none at all so far?
I am considering calling the admissions office this week to try and see when they anticipate (if at all) going to the waitlist.

acmass

Postby acmass » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:45 pm

ashle484 wrote:Do we think there is going to be any waitlist movement this year?

They contacted me 3 weeks ago about the waitlist...seeing if I was still interested because they were going to start possibly admitting people off of the waitlist the following week.

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 pm

acmass wrote:

They contacted me 3 weeks ago about the waitlist...seeing if I was still interested because they were going to start possibly admitting people off of the waitlist the following week.

Haaa, well then, that is probably not good news that I wasn't contacted. Schools contact you if they decide NOT to admit you off the waitlist, right? Or is more like you find out you haven't been admitted if you don't get your class schedule?

LS-boundNYC

Postby LS-boundNYC » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:59 am

Withdrew from Pepperdine this morning and freed up some cash moneyzzzz. Good luck to everyone!

acmass

Postby acmass » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:36 pm

lalalawya wrote:
acmass wrote:

Haaa, well then, that is probably not good news that I wasn't contacted. Schools contact you if they decide NOT to admit you off the waitlist, right? Or is more like you find out you haven't been admitted if you don't get your class schedule?

I wouldn't read too much into your chances from the fact that they called me. Waitlists are constantly evolving as people withdraw (which I did).

I really have no idea if schools contact you or not if they aren't going to admit you. I haven't been released from any waitlists; I've just been either accepted or I've withdrawn. It probably varies widely between schools.

And I would assume that if they don't send you notification that you've been admitted or ask you for a deposit that you're probably not admitted.

ashle484

Postby ashle484 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:53 pm

no waitlist movement??

steviejanowski

Postby steviejanowski » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:00 pm

ashle484 wrote:no waitlist movement??

I'd assume that the list should get movement either this or next week if history indicates anything. The final deposit was due July 1st and now the admissions council will be able to get a better idea of how many seats are available.

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Withdrew from the waitlist last week. My waiting time has, unfortunately, expired. San Diego here I come!

I hope things work out for everyone!

Han_Shot_First

Postby Han_Shot_First » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:43 pm

I got a call from admissions Wednesday June 29th asking if I was still interested as they would be moving on their waitlist soon. Almost 2 weeks now and I still havent heard back... Has anyone heard back from them since the 29th?

**Edit**
Since posting this morning, my application status changed to "Decision Rendered". Hopefully I will hear back from them today.

TheCaptain

Postby TheCaptain » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:30 pm

What do you guys think the odds are of being pulled off the wait list this late in the game? I received a phone call asking if I was still interested, but my application status has not been changed to "decision rendered". Class starts in one month! Yikes. Anyone in a similar situation?

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:13 pm

TheCaptain wrote:What do you guys think the odds are of being pulled off the wait list this late in the game? I received a phone call asking if I was still interested, but my application status has not been changed to "decision rendered". Class starts in one month! Yikes. Anyone in a similar situation?

In all truth and honesty your spot is in the hands of someone else. If I get into LLS i'll withdraw and go there (I really do like Pepperdine, but it's a family thing for LLS). If that happens a spot is opened up and you might get it. I would imagine there are more than a few ppl on waitlists hoping to get in somewhere else. Dont give up hope, but plan for if you dont get pulled off the WL. If they contacted you recently, I have to believe you are still in the running though. Good luck!

TheCaptain

Postby TheCaptain » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Thanks for your response. I agree with you; I will probably not be accepted. I guess I was thrown off by the phone call. I still don't really understand why they would take the time to call anyone if they didn't plan on making them an offer. Good luck with LLS!

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:04 pm

I wouldnt say your totally out of the running though, you just shouldnt expect to get in either. Stranger things have happened. GL

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Last year, during July 4th weekend, I received one of those phone calls. I told them I was still very interested in Pepperdine. 3 weeks went by without a word. Then, towards the end of July, I got offered a spot. Moral of the story? Drink during the entire month of July.
Best of luck though, and dont lose hope.

ashle484

Postby ashle484 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 am

anyone on the waitlist and whos been accepted had any success with visiting and meeting with someone from admissions?

RockyMtnLvr

Postby RockyMtnLvr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm in as a transfer but I was wondering if anyone has checked out housing. I'm flying out this weekend to start looking.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:23 pm

RockyMtnLvr wrote:I'm in as a transfer but I was wondering if anyone has checked out housing. I'm flying out this weekend to start looking.

I dont know if you know LA at all but here's a quick little rundown...Most 2L/3L's live in Santa Monica (25? min commute), there are others that live in Malibu/Calabasas/Oxnard. For cost and sake of ease for my S/O I'm prob. going to live in the Valley near Encino since she has to commute to the other side of LA. HTH, and good luck!

RockyMtnLvr

Postby RockyMtnLvr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 pm

jstubbs wrote:
RockyMtnLvr wrote:I'm in as a transfer but I was wondering if anyone has checked out housing. I'm flying out this weekend to start looking.

I dont know if you know LA at all but here's a quick little rundown...Most 2L/3L's live in Santa Monica (25? min commute), there are others that live in Malibu/Calabasas/Oxnard. For cost and sake of ease for my S/O I'm prob. going to live in the Valley near Encino since she has to commute to the other side of LA. HTH, and good luck!

Thanks! I think we're going to look around Calabasas this weekend. Any places that I should avoid?

TheCaptain

Postby TheCaptain » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:28 am

Any new developments on the waitlist front?

pure_mercury

Postby pure_mercury » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:20 pm

TheCaptain wrote:Any new developments on the waitlist front?

Admissions person responded to my e-mail today. They took some more people off the WL last week, but I was not one of them. I am still on the WL for now, but classes start on the 22nd. Not looking good. I am somewhat upset, considering I KNOW that they have let in people with worse LSAT's than a 163, AND I am already a Pepperdine student.

pure_mercury

Postby pure_mercury » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 am

I am at a loss as to what to do now. I REALLY want to get in, and I haven't applied anywhere else (I am a current MBA student at Pepperdine, and I was planning to do the JD/MBA program). Honestly, I don't feel like the business school is that great a fit for me, and I feel law school will be significantly easier and more enjoyable. I added two more LOR's on top of my original two (including one from an extremely prominent lawyer from my hometown of Philadelphia), and I wrote a very nice LOCI. I know my undergrad GPA wasn't great and I had a DUI conviction a few years ago, but 163 is a higher than average LSAT score for Pepperdine, isn't it? Do you think it would be worth contacting a faculty member for help at this point? Basically, I will never be able to go to law school for the rest of my life if I am not accepted now, since I will have crushing student loans starting next fall as it is, and I cannot afford the time/tuition to have done two years of B-school and then three more years of law school at Pepperdine or anywhere else worth attending. Does anyone have any recommendations for last ditch efforts to get off the WL? I have no idea where I stand vis-a-vis the other waitlisters, and it is extremely unnerving to have to wait literally until law school classes start before I know if I got in or not. B-school starts the following week, and I am interning (unpaid) five days a week right now, so I will have like no time to prepare either way. I am freaking out.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”