Pepperdine 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TakeTheTime

Re: Pepperdine 2011

Postby TakeTheTime » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Still haven't gotten any snail mail, but Wavenet says I got the 25k/yr scholly. Seems decent, but the COA is still astronomical IMO, especially with the risk of losing the scholly in 2L or 3L.

Has anyone tried to negotiate with Pepperdine yet regarding the scholly, the stips, or both? If so, results?

nolocontendere

Postby nolocontendere » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:21 pm

jesss wrote:wavenet received today (DR 2/18) but it still says my app is complete and a decision will be made soon. is this bad news since it doesn't say admitted? i do live in so cal so i prob only have a day or so left of waiting for the mail...

does anyone know where on wavenet to look to check the status?

ashle484

Postby ashle484 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:00 pm

nolocontendere wrote:
jesss wrote:wavenet received today (DR 2/18) but it still says my app is complete and a decision will be made soon. is this bad news since it doesn't say admitted? i do live in so cal so i prob only have a day or so left of waiting for the mail...

does anyone know where on wavenet to look to check the status?

i'm pretty sure if you get a wavenet in general, that means ur in

ibskibum

Postby ibskibum » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Got a WaveNet email yesterday, with official acceptance package today!

bryannance

Postby bryannance » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:57 am

Wavenet updated me to "accepted" on Friday, and I also got the acceptance+scholarship package in the mail that day. $42k scholarship. Did many others get this?

ashle484

Postby ashle484 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 pm

ughh Wait listed and i guess we won't hear anything, if anything till mid july??

melanne89

Postby melanne89 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Went to briefly look for apartments in or around Pepperdine on Saturday with NO luck. Anyone have any idea where people live that don't want to live on campus? Maybe in neighboring Calabasas?

On a side note, anyone else attending the ASD at Pepperdine in April?

mia137

Postby mia137 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:52 pm

melanne89 wrote:Went to briefly look for apartments in or around Pepperdine on Saturday with NO luck. Anyone have any idea where people live that don't want to live on campus? Maybe in neighboring Calabasas?

I think I'll go to the ASD. I live so close and I'm leaving my job so I'll be free. :)

I live in Topanga Canyon and I LOVE it here. It's like a peaceful oasis in the middle of LA. We have hiking/mountain biking/horseback riding trails, a bunch of hippies, and beautiful views. There aren't any apartment complexes up here but I'm sure there are a lot of cool and quirky rooms for rent. Your best bet is probably Calabasas, though. That's where I imagine you'll find the most apartment complexes and for much less $$ than Malibu.

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:20 am

melanne89 wrote:Went to briefly look for apartments in or around Pepperdine on Saturday with NO luck. Anyone have any idea where people live that don't want to live on campus? Maybe in neighboring Calabasas?

I think alot of people that live in Malibu either rent rooms or live down the hill from the school. I live in Calabasas which is about a 10-15 min drive through the canyon in the Archstone Apartments. One bedrooms in my complex start around 1400 I think and you can take a look at floorplans and such online. The rate depends on when you rent, and they are most expensive around the end of summer when most people move in. The exact same apartment across from me was rented for over a hundred less with the same lease term, they just moved in at a different time.
Down the road a couple miles there are several complexes which I think might start a couple hundred bucks cheaper, I think they are called Malibu Creek or Malibu Canyon or something, on the other side of the 101. Both are popular with students. You can probably find someone to rent a two bedroom with to make it a bit cheaper.

melanne89

Postby melanne89 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:51 am

1ferret! wrote:

I think alot of people that live in Malibu either rent rooms or live down the hill from the school. I live in Calabasas which is about a 10-15 min drive through the canyon in the Archstone Apartments. One bedrooms in my complex start around 1400 I think and you can take a look at floorplans and such online. The rate depends on when you rent, and they are most expensive around the end of summer when most people move in. The exact same apartment across from me was rented for over a hundred less with the same lease term, they just moved in at a different time.
Down the road a couple miles there are several complexes which I think might start a couple hundred bucks cheaper, I think they are called Malibu Creek or Malibu Canyon or something, on the other side of the 101. Both are popular with students. You can probably find someone to rent a two bedroom with to make it a bit cheaper.

Super helpful, thanks! I looked up the Malibu Creek apartments and they seem pretty decent, better than anything I found on my own.

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 am

Woops, so I posted on this on the Pepperdine Class of 2014 thread before and I guess I should have posted here...I applied 2/28 and was complete last thursday. This morning I noticed that I was decision rendered as of yesterday. Does this seem like bad news? That's a really quick decision and when I had called after I applied they said it would take 4-6 weeks. My numbers are 163/3.32 and I don't know how much Pepperdine would care about this but I am from Vermont (fingers crossed for geographic diversity!)...any thoughts others have are appreciated. If it is a rejection letter it's probably going to take 2 weeks to get to me :(

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:49 pm

irishvt14 wrote:Woops, so I posted on this on the Pepperdine Class of 2014 thread before and I guess I should have posted here...I applied 2/28 and was complete last thursday. This morning I noticed that I was decision rendered as of yesterday. Does this seem like bad news? That's a really quick decision and when I had called after I applied they said it would take 4-6 weeks. My numbers are 163/3.32 and I don't know how much Pepperdine would care about this but I am from Vermont (fingers crossed for geographic diversity!)...any thoughts others have are appreciated. If it is a rejection letter it's probably going to take 2 weeks to get to me :(

i think you are an auto-admit type for pepperdine, 95% chance u r in

arhmcpo

Postby arhmcpo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:03 pm

irishvt14 wrote:Woops, so I posted on this on the Pepperdine Class of 2014 thread before and I guess I should have posted here...I applied 2/28 and was complete last thursday. This morning I noticed that I was decision rendered as of yesterday. Does this seem like bad news? That's a really quick decision and when I had called after I applied they said it would take 4-6 weeks. My numbers are 163/3.32 and I don't know how much Pepperdine would care about this but I am from Vermont (fingers crossed for geographic diversity!)...any thoughts others have are appreciated. If it is a rejection letter it's probably going to take 2 weeks to get to me :(

It probably gives you a small helpful boost that you are from Vermont. The school tries to get as many non-CA students as possible and is big on regional diversity. With your numbers you should definitely get in - just not sure what your $ situation will look like.

oliverdarcy

Postby oliverdarcy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Anyone else go decision rendered today?

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:28 pm

i went DR yesterday.

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:41 am

I got an email this morning that my WaveNet account had been updated to include applicant services. Is this the email that I was waiting for?? It doesn't say anything about what my login ID is or anything, and the one I used to check my application status doesn't work. I hope this is good news!!

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:47 am

irishvt14 wrote:I got an email this morning that my WaveNet account had been updated to include applicant services. Is this the email that I was waiting for?? It doesn't say anything about what my login ID is or anything, and the one I used to check my application status doesn't work. I hope this is good news!!

Yes

mia137

Postby mia137 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:56 am

irishvt14 wrote:I got an email this morning that my WaveNet account had been updated to include applicant services. Is this the email that I was waiting for?? It doesn't say anything about what my login ID is or anything, and the one I used to check my application status doesn't work. I hope this is good news!!

Congrats!!

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:59 am

I am a bit confused, not sure if anyone can clear this up for me...when I log in to WaveNet, the heading is for Seaver College, the undergrad college, which I applied to 5 years ago. I can't find applicant services anywhere or anything else to do with the law school for that matter. Does it take awhile to update? I can't imagine that would have been sent to me randomly?

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:08 pm

at least i know WL applicants never got those emails, and i don't see how rejects will get them, you are IN

originalmutt

Postby originalmutt » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

I am told that a lot of people live in Calabasas.

I personally will probably live in Venice or Santa Monica. Calabasas is just too far removed from the rest of LA for my taste. There isn't much out there. There are some cheaper places in Venice, but it requires a lot of hunting to find them.

LS-boundNYC

Postby LS-boundNYC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:28 am

Sorry I'm a few days late on this. I haven't been on TLS since last Friday! :shock:

But I'll be at the ASD. I'm also hoping to look around the various areas for what type of apartments might be available.

calgirl27

Postby calgirl27 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:20 pm

did anyone who went DR on 3/23 hear anything yet?? also, do they send out wavenet acct emails on the weekends? :/

Spookyghost

Postby Spookyghost » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Dr today. I should expect snailmail soon I suppose?

love.noelle

Postby love.noelle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:09 pm

I applied to Pepperdine about a week ago, but I still haven't received any kind of notification or e-mail confirming that they received my application. LSAC says they've sent my report and everything. Is this normal? Is Pepperdine normally slow?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”