Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gregthomas77

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby gregthomas77 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:38 pm

ocbrody wrote:
samaside wrote:I don't really know who else to ask about this since I just got the letter in the mail today. I didn't apply to Rutgers but I got some letter about applying in regards to a "special admit-outreach scholarship program for select students." It's got an application fee waiver to go along with it but still. Has anyone even heard of that before?

This is the third time that Rutgers has sent something like that during this cycle that I know of. I got e-mails in March and May with similar wording, and applied after the second one in May. I was accepted but still received the mailer thing you guys are talking about anyway. It appears that if Rutgers sent you this letter, then you have a good chance of being accepted.

Does anyone else know anything else about this program, like what the point of it is?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:46 am

gregthomas77 wrote:
ocbrody wrote:
samaside wrote:I don't really know who else to ask about this since I just got the letter in the mail today. I didn't apply to Rutgers but I got some letter about applying in regards to a "special admit-outreach scholarship program for select students." It's got an application fee waiver to go along with it but still. Has anyone even heard of that before?

This is the third time that Rutgers has sent something like that during this cycle that I know of. I got e-mails in March and May with similar wording, and applied after the second one in May. I was accepted but still received the mailer thing you guys are talking about anyway. It appears that if Rutgers sent you this letter, then you have a good chance of being accepted.

Does anyone else know anything else about this program, like what the point of it is?

Just a hunch, but my guess is that acceptance for offers of enrollment was less than they had expected and they're looking to fill up the rest of the seats in a rush. I know they usually have classes around 220, and while not necessarily the entire class the 2014 Entering Class Facebook group only has about 125 people.

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:39 am

crossarmant wrote:
gregthomas77 wrote:
ocbrody wrote:

Just a hunch, but my guess is that acceptance for offers of enrollment was less than they had expected and they're looking to fill up the rest of the seats in a rush. I know they usually have classes around 220, and while not necessarily the entire class the 2014 Entering Class Facebook group only has about 125 people.

Then why not take people off the WL? A good friend of mine is on the WL and would be so happy to get an offer.

Fibinachi

Postby Fibinachi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:18 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
crossarmant wrote:
gregthomas77 wrote:
ocbrody wrote:

Then why not take people off the WL? A good friend of mine is on the WL and would be so happy to get an offer.

I am not going to say your wrong, but as someone who just got admitted to a much better school than the one they were about to pay a seat deposit to, I am glad they didn't.

gregthomas77

Postby gregthomas77 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:49 am

Just found out (via status checker) I got accepted today to Rutgers-Camden.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 am

gregthomas77 wrote:Just found out (via status checker) I got accepted today to Rutgers-Camden.

They're pulling of the waitlist still? Think you'll attend? Orientation is in like 5 weeks, depending on where you're coming from that makes things a real hustle.

gregthomas77

Postby gregthomas77 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 pm

crossarmant wrote:
gregthomas77 wrote:Just found out (via status checker) I got accepted today to Rutgers-Camden.

They're pulling of the waitlist still? Think you'll attend? Orientation is in like 5 weeks, depending on where you're coming from that makes things a real hustle.

Not wait list. I received a special admit program letter earlier last month encouraging me to apply so I did. Not sure if I will attend, but I will spend this weekend figuring out if it is doable. My plan had been to wait and apply to schools for Fall 2012, but this throws a wrench into those plans.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:00 pm

gregthomas77 wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

Not wait list. I received a special admit program letter earlier last month encouraging me to apply so I did. Not sure if I will attend, but I will spend this weekend figuring out if it is doable. My plan had been to wait and apply to schools for Fall 2012, but this throws a wrench into those plans.

I'd say honestly, to wait and do a full, well prepped cycle in the fall with a wide list of possible schools you'd enjoy attending. Law school is expensive and time intensive; not something to rush into. Hell, even if you decide you want Rutgers Camden, apply early and you may get some money.

arm5149

Postby arm5149 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:28 pm

anyone heard back from the waitlist yet?

gregthomas77

Postby gregthomas77 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Got a package from Rutgers today with what looked like a photocopied flyer congratulating me on being accepted and a Rutgers Law T-Shirt. I guess something a little more official looking will come later with some details, financial info, etc.

gregthomas77

Postby gregthomas77 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 am

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive an admissions packet once you have been notified of acceptance?

gregthomas77

Postby gregthomas77 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:50 pm

gregthomas77 wrote:Anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive an admissions packet once you have been notified of acceptance?

Responding to myself, but I asked this question earlier today, and then the packet came in the mail this evening.

gregthomas77

Postby gregthomas77 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 pm

gregthomas77 wrote:
gregthomas77 wrote:Anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive an admissions packet once you have been notified of acceptance?

Responding to myself, but I asked this question earlier today, and then the packet came in the mail this evening.

OK, so I sent in my response that I will not be attending this semester. I asked for a deferral of my acceptance. They have already changed my status to application withdrawn, but I haven't heard a peep back about the deferral. Anyone got any idea on my chances of getting that approved?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Hey for anyone still looking for housing, I know someone with a great apartment for $500 a month near campus. In the "Garden Area" I believe it's called. It's the "nice" part of Camden, pretty much attached to campus:

Roommate needed for 2011-12 academic year. Law student only. Two bedroom apartment, with full bath, washer/dryer, kitchen and living room. Located on the second and third floors of a townhouse. Free on street parking, walking distance from the campus and law school. $500/mo plus utilities. For pictures and more info please contact: jared.vanvranken@gmail.com.

Yankee22

Postby Yankee22 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:17 pm

If anyone is looking for an apartment at the Victor Lofts, just a few blocks walking distance from campus, message me ASAP. I'm moving out, but my lease isn't up for a while. I'm willing to pay $200 a month towards the rent rather than pay the fine for breaking the lease. If you or someone you know is interested, the offer is open for the next two weeks. Your rent would be under a thousand, and it comes with parking spot and gym membership.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”