Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby keg411 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:54 pm

secretaryoftaste wrote:how much (and when are they due) are Rut-Camden's first and second tuition deposits? All I can find is a reference to "notifying them by April 15th"

Granted, I haven't looked much farther than the acceptance email and the school's website.


There is only one seat deposit. The price will be on your acceptance letter.

twb136
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby twb136 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:49 pm

arm5149 wrote:anyone know anything about the summer jump start?


Its Contracts (4 Credits). The classes are apparently small. As of right now, I am taking section 3. It lets you take only 10 credits if you are full time in the Fall. I am doing it because I have been out of school for three years. My section is 4 days a week starting at 5pm and is from June 22nd til August.

I am doing Part Time, so I am paying per credit so its only a couple hundred bucks more total.

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby Wholigan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm

.
Last edited by Wholigan on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby IHaveLawyers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Hey, I am really excited because I got Waitlisted at Ruters Camden, I was a total deny according to those law school predictors.

Is anyone else on the WL, how many did they admit last years? Any info at all would be helpful!

ME2JD
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby ME2JD » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm also on the waitlist. Applied for the evening program, hoping to hold on to my engineering job. Any tips for getting off the waitlist?

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:18 am

ME2JD wrote:I'm also on the waitlist. Applied for the evening program, hoping to hold on to my engineering job. Any tips for getting off the waitlist?


Same.

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 am

joncrooshal wrote:
ME2JD wrote:I'm also on the waitlist. Applied for the evening program, hoping to hold on to my engineering job. Any tips for getting off the waitlist?


Same.


LOCI and/or offer guaranteed attendance if admitted.

Just don't use guarantee.

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby IHaveLawyers » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:31 am

Hey guys, I just spoke to them and it looks like our chances are pretty slim and getting in. From what the lady told me is last year they didn't admit anyone from the wait list (my friend was on the WL last year and didn't get in) and the year before that they had "2 to 3."

Does anyone have any more info and what are our chances?

alexanderhamilton
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby alexanderhamilton » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:37 am

Numbers?

arm5149
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:18 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby arm5149 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 pm

drmguy wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
ME2JD wrote:I'm also on the waitlist. Applied for the evening program, hoping to hold on to my engineering job. Any tips for getting off the waitlist?


Same.


LOCI and/or offer guaranteed attendance if admitted.

Just don't use guarantee.





LOCI?

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:07 pm

arm5149 wrote:
drmguy wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
ME2JD wrote:I'm also on the waitlist. Applied for the evening program, hoping to hold on to my engineering job. Any tips for getting off the waitlist?


Same.


LOCI and/or offer guaranteed attendance if admitted.

Just don't use guarantee.





LOCI?


viewtopic.php?f=18&t=60839

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby drmguy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:26 am

Well I am definitely headed to Camden.

I signed up for session 1 of the jump start program as well.

All I need to determine now is the victor or on-campus housing.

Any input on victor vs. on-campus? I really haven't heard too many people talk about the on-campus housing.

arm5149
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:18 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby arm5149 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:30 am

anyone know what the part-time day/part-time night schedule looks like for the first year?

twb136
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby twb136 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:53 am

arm5149 wrote:anyone know what the part-time day/part-time night schedule looks like for the first year?


https://camlaw.rutgers.edu/courses-sche ... -calendars

It's pretty self explanatory from this page.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby keg411 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm

If any 1L's are taking the evening courses next semester, PM me some time over this summer for CivPro and Torts outlines. I had both of those professors (and got high grades in both classes).

As for Victor vs. on-campus, most people pick one of the two. Victor is more expensive, but it's also significantly nicer (and you can get a studio/1 BDR if you don't want a roommate). Go take a look at both if it's feasible. They are also building new grad apartments, but they won't be ready until Fall 2012.

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby drmguy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:38 pm

keg411 wrote:If any 1L's are taking the evening courses next semester, PM me some time over this summer for CivPro and Torts outlines. I had both of those professors (and got high grades in both classes).

As for Victor vs. on-campus, most people pick one of the two. Victor is more expensive, but it's also significantly nicer (and you can get a studio/1 BDR if you don't want a roommate). Go take a look at both if it's feasible. They are also building new grad apartments, but they won't be ready until Fall 2012.


Which did you choose and why?

Also, roomate or no roomate?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby keg411 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:35 pm

drmguy wrote:
keg411 wrote:If any 1L's are taking the evening courses next semester, PM me some time over this summer for CivPro and Torts outlines. I had both of those professors (and got high grades in both classes).

As for Victor vs. on-campus, most people pick one of the two. Victor is more expensive, but it's also significantly nicer (and you can get a studio/1 BDR if you don't want a roommate). Go take a look at both if it's feasible. They are also building new grad apartments, but they won't be ready until Fall 2012.


Which did you choose and why?

Also, roomate or no roomate?


I live at the Victor and have a roommate. Roommate/No roommate depends. I split a 1 BDR, so it saves money (seriously the rooms are ginormous, so it works), but no one else I know does it and building a wall isn't possible because of the ceilings. Next semester I will probably live alone, but am not sure at this point (might be at the Victor, might be off-campus in the 'burbs; there are a few things up in the air right now). Personally, I'm glad I didn't go with the dorms, but mostly because I've been out of school for a few years and didn't want to feel like I was surrounded by law school 24/7, but plenty of people like the dorms, at least for 1L because you don't have to deal with buying furniture. If you have more specific questions about the Victor, feel free to PM me :).

Roommates, again, depends on your preference. I don't think it makes a difference either way.

If you are really money tight and can deal with commuting, there are also places in Collingswood/Haddonfield/etc. near the PATCO stations which will basically take you right to the law school. You can find some really cheap options this way, but I preferred to be very close to school 1L year and I like to go home during the day if possible. Some people commute from even further out in South Jersey and live with their families, etc. So, again, if you're from the area and want to save money it's another good option.

twb136
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby twb136 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Does anyone know what the deal is with Jump Start and Orientation? Granted, Jump Start begins in about 2 months but I am just curious.

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby oreo3405 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Withdrew, good luck to all!

thekid001
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 11:43 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby thekid001 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:50 pm

I also what like to know what the deal is with there being an orientation for the jumpstart program.


Secondly, do we have to pay the seat deposit if we are registered and enrolled in the jump start program? How does one go about paying the seat deposit?

thankx

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby drmguy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:09 pm

thekid001 wrote:I also what like to know what the deal is with there being an orientation for the jumpstart program.


Secondly, do we have to pay the seat deposit if we are registered and enrolled in the jump start program? How does one go about paying the seat deposit?

thankx


I had an envelope and a form to fill out in my admission packet.

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby Wholigan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:15 am

thekid001 wrote:I also what like to know what the deal is with there being an orientation for the jumpstart program.


twb136 wrote:Does anyone know what the deal is with Jump Start and Orientation? Granted, Jump Start begins in about 2 months but I am just curious.


What happens is there is an orientation which only lasts about 2-3 hours before your first jump start class. They only cover practical stuff - the essentials that you need before becoming a student for the summer. The main orientation I believe is Thursday & Friday right before fall classes start. There are various sessions, and one of them corresponds with the jumpstart orientation, so you won't have to attend that part of the main orientation if you were in jumpstart.

twb136
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby twb136 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 am

thekid001 wrote:I also what like to know what the deal is with there being an orientation for the jumpstart program.


Secondly, do we have to pay the seat deposit if we are registered and enrolled in the jump start program? How does one go about paying the seat deposit?

thankx


Yea, I just had a yellow envelope and I think blue form. Seat deposit was $300 for me.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Just got accepted with the Plumbum Nos In Posterus Scholarship, $5k a year, which on the super low tuition of Camden is fantastic. I think I'll be moving on up to the Dirty Jerz in a few months then. This is really surprising since I was rejected from Newark and sent my certification letter like 3 weeks after the deadline.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to obtain in-state after your first year?

alexanderhamilton
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Law School Class of 2014

Postby alexanderhamilton » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:04 pm

You can probably get it first year if you sign a 12 month lease.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cathy95, Long shot hero, stratton_oakmont, tinafeyclone and 11 guests