Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby champ33 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Was unable to get to the ASD due to the Lincoln Tunnel being closed. Did anyone go? How did you guys feel about it? I went last year and really liked the school, so I'll have to base my decision on that memory.

deltasigbn
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby deltasigbn » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:42 pm

.
Last edited by deltasigbn on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
amg414
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby amg414 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:25 pm

champ33 wrote:Was unable to get to the ASD due to the Lincoln Tunnel being closed. Did anyone go? How did you guys feel about it? I went last year and really liked the school, so I'll have to base my decision on that memory.


Everyone from the administration was really nice. I got the feeling that they are all pretty happy with what they do, that they believe in the school, and that they are concerned about producing good lawyers with good job prospects. I haven't visited any other law schools, Rutgers was my top choice anyway because of my job and the in-state tuition, so I don't know if that's the impression they all leave you with, but it's definitely the impression I walked away with.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Lawst » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:26 am

champ33 wrote:Was unable to get to the ASD due to the Lincoln Tunnel being closed. Did anyone go? How did you guys feel about it? I went last year and really liked the school, so I'll have to base my decision on that memory.

Ugh, that sucks. I couldn't get off work to go to the open house and now I don't feel too bad because I would have been in the same position because I live in NYC. I went to one of the smaller ASDs earlier and sat in on a class and really liked it.

nyk4life
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby nyk4life » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:06 am

Iceman389 wrote:Had anyone who has had their application put on hold hear anything back yet?


I was held on March 14. Has anyone that was held heard anything yet? With the April 15th d-day looming around the corner I am starting to get nervous. My stats should get me in, but this process has me a little too worried.

User avatar
Iceman389
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Iceman389 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:55 pm

nyk4life wrote:
Iceman389 wrote:Had anyone who has had their application put on hold hear anything back yet?


I was held on March 14. Has anyone that was held heard anything yet? With the April 15th d-day looming around the corner I am starting to get nervous. My stats should get me in, but this process has me a little too worried.


I've been on hold since late January. I'm hoping they make a final decision on us either this week or next week but who knows at this point. I just want a final answer one way or the other at this point in the cycle so I can make my final decision and not worry about law school again until August.

nyk4life
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby nyk4life » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Iceman389 wrote:
nyk4life wrote:
Iceman389 wrote:Had anyone who has had their application put on hold hear anything back yet?


I was held on March 14. Has anyone that was held heard anything yet? With the April 15th d-day looming around the corner I am starting to get nervous. My stats should get me in, but this process has me a little too worried.


I've been on hold since late January. I'm hoping they make a final decision on us either this week or next week but who knows at this point. I just want a final answer one way or the other at this point in the cycle so I can make my final decision and not worry about law school again until August.


This won't make you feel better but I sent an email explaining the common situation of needing to know by April 15, and got this gem of a response. "I hope we get back to those files by mid-April."

I think "suck me" would have sufficed.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Lawst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Anyone know how they notify you that your seat deposit has been received? Do they really update it on the status checker? I mailed mine a week ago from NYC and I'm starting to get nervous since the deadline is Friday and I haven't heard.
Also wondering when UG transcripts are due - I guess later since the seat deposit card didn't mention it.
ETA: Nevermind my question about transcripts - I found the info. They're due Sept. 1.

User avatar
amg414
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby amg414 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Lawst wrote:Anyone know how they notify you that your seat deposit has been received? Do they really update it on the status checker? I mailed mine a week ago from NYC and I'm starting to get nervous since the deadline is Friday and I haven't heard.
Also wondering when UG transcripts are due - I guess later since the seat deposit card didn't mention it.
ETA: Nevermind my question about transcripts - I found the info. They're due Sept. 1.


I got an email when they received my deposit. You might want to give them a call.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Lawst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 pm

amg414 wrote:
Lawst wrote:Anyone know how they notify you that your seat deposit has been received? Do they really update it on the status checker? I mailed mine a week ago from NYC and I'm starting to get nervous since the deadline is Friday and I haven't heard.
Also wondering when UG transcripts are due - I guess later since the seat deposit card didn't mention it.
ETA: Nevermind my question about transcripts - I found the info. They're due Sept. 1.


I got an email when they received my deposit. You might want to give them a call.


Thanks, good to know. Do you remember how long it took for them to receive it?

User avatar
Iceman389
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Iceman389 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:12 pm

nyk4life wrote:
Iceman389 wrote:
nyk4life wrote:
Iceman389 wrote:Had anyone who has had their application put on hold hear anything back yet?


I was held on March 14. Has anyone that was held heard anything yet? With the April 15th d-day looming around the corner I am starting to get nervous. My stats should get me in, but this process has me a little too worried.


I've been on hold since late January. I'm hoping they make a final decision on us either this week or next week but who knows at this point. I just want a final answer one way or the other at this point in the cycle so I can make my final decision and not worry about law school again until August.


This won't make you feel better but I sent an email explaining the common situation of needing to know by April 15, and got this gem of a response. "I hope we get back to those files by mid-April."

I think "suck me" would have sufficed.


So should I just treat this "defer" as a "waitlist" in my mind when trying to make my final decision on schools in the next couple of weeks you think?

User avatar
amg414
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby amg414 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Lawst wrote:
amg414 wrote:
Lawst wrote:Anyone know how they notify you that your seat deposit has been received? Do they really update it on the status checker? I mailed mine a week ago from NYC and I'm starting to get nervous since the deadline is Friday and I haven't heard.
Also wondering when UG transcripts are due - I guess later since the seat deposit card didn't mention it.
ETA: Nevermind my question about transcripts - I found the info. They're due Sept. 1.


I got an email when they received my deposit. You might want to give them a call.


Thanks, good to know. Do you remember how long it took for them to receive it?


I actually hand delivered it on ASD rather than take my chances with the mail. I live in NJ and had the email before I even got home, so it should be pretty quick once they have it in their possession I would imagine.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Lawst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 pm

amg414 wrote:
Lawst wrote:
amg414 wrote:
Lawst wrote:Anyone know how they notify you that your seat deposit has been received? Do they really update it on the status checker? I mailed mine a week ago from NYC and I'm starting to get nervous since the deadline is Friday and I haven't heard.
Also wondering when UG transcripts are due - I guess later since the seat deposit card didn't mention it.
ETA: Nevermind my question about transcripts - I found the info. They're due Sept. 1.


I got an email when they received my deposit. You might want to give them a call.


Thanks, good to know. Do you remember how long it took for them to receive it?


I actually hand delivered it on ASD rather than take my chances with the mail. I live in NJ and had the email before I even got home, so it should be pretty quick once they have it in their possession I would imagine.

Thanks. I seem to remember that it took about a week from the time I mailed my application fee to process it, so I guess I'll give it another day before I bug them. Worst case scenario, I bail early on work Thursday to catch a train to Newark with my checkbook in hand.

Dripworx
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Dripworx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:20 am

Finally fucking complete 3/28. took long enough

nyk4life
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby nyk4life » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:33 pm

Iceman389 wrote:
nyk4life wrote:
Iceman389 wrote:
Iceman389 wrote:Had anyone who has had their application put on hold hear anything back yet?


So should I just treat this "defer" as a "waitlist" in my mind when trying to make my final decision on schools in the next couple of weeks you think?


Maybe more like a very soft waitlist. I looked through the threads during this time last year and '09 and couldn't find much. A lot of it was people complaining like we are now and then the thread died with no answers in April/May as to when Rutgers let them know. My theory (re: hope) is that once there is a finite number of seat deposits they will figure out how many more acceptances to give out. I am not sure if the deposit is due the 1st or 15th, hopefully the 1st for our sake.

Personally I understand that because I applied to schools later in the cycle I may have to eat a seat deposit to make sure I am not shut out of schools this fall. One would hope Rutgers at least let's us know on our status before June when many 2nd seat deposits are due.

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby MrMisiu » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:30 pm

It's the 1st.

Isabella23
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Isabella23 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Wrong, they are actually due by the 15th (i'm looking at mine right now)

unless they gave the first round of acceptances an earlier date (never heard of it but could be possible)

NJLawGirl520
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby NJLawGirl520 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Isabella23 wrote:Wrong, they are actually due by the 15th (i'm looking at mine right now)

unless they gave the first round of acceptances an earlier date (never heard of it but could be possible)


Mine is due by the 1st.

User avatar
LSAT Taker
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby LSAT Taker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:43 pm

NJLawGirl520 wrote:
Isabella23 wrote:Wrong, they are actually due by the 15th (i'm looking at mine right now)

unless they gave the first round of acceptances an earlier date (never heard of it but could be possible)


Mine is due by the 1st.

Mine too.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Justathought » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:48 pm

LSAT Taker wrote:
NJLawGirl520 wrote:
Isabella23 wrote:Wrong, they are actually due by the 15th (i'm looking at mine right now)

unless they gave the first round of acceptances an earlier date (never heard of it but could be possible)


Mine is due by the 1st.

Mine too.


Mine too.

Isabella23
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Isabella23 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Then I guess they did give you guys who were accepted earlier the 4/1 date.
I submitted my app 1/20 and was admitted the first week of march and have a 4/15 date. :)

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Lawst » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Isabella23 wrote:Then I guess they did give you guys who were accepted earlier the 4/1 date.
I submitted my app 1/20 and was admitted the first week of march and have a 4/15 date. :)

Yep. I was accepted in mid-Feb. and I have an April 1 date - I'm looking at the information sheet now. I also still haven't seen any evidence that they've received my deposit more than a week after I mailed it, so I'm definitely calling them tomorrow. I'm getting nervous.

Isabella23
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Isabella23 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Lawst wrote:
Isabella23 wrote:Then I guess they did give you guys who were accepted earlier the 4/1 date.
I submitted my app 1/20 and was admitted the first week of march and have a 4/15 date. :)

Yep. I was accepted in mid-Feb. and I have an April 1 date - I'm looking at the information sheet now. I also still haven't seen any evidence that they've received my deposit more than a week after I mailed it, so I'm definitely calling them tomorrow. I'm getting nervous.


Understandable! I'd be freaking out. Just give them a call, they should be able to confirm. Worst scare scenario you put a stop pay to that check and go in person.

secret0928
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby secret0928 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:15 pm

I received a 'deferred' email today.

Has anyone else received this email? Did the email state that the admissions committee was impressed with your credentials, but they'd hold off on making a decision until a later date?

I'm trying to gauge what this means.

LaProfe14
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby LaProfe14 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:20 pm

secret0928 wrote:I received a 'deferred' email today.

Has anyone else received this email? Did the email state that the admissions committee was impressed with your credentials, but they'd hold off on making a decision until a later date?

I'm trying to gauge what this means.


since when were you complete? My status hasn't changed from "complete" and i haven't heard anything in 8 weeks...getting antsy!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, airwrecka, cyclawps, jer0689, Leliana, lillawyer2, nerdylsat, NotAGolfer, pantsuitchic, sonyco, texteach, TriSapien and 37 guests