Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Iceman389

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby Iceman389 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:00 pm

LSN shows some decisions made to people that went complete after me as well. Not really too sure how to look into to it. My impatience may just be getting the better of me. Just hoping for some news ASAP! I am instate so I am taking a serious look at R-N.

Paulzilla

Postby Paulzilla » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Iceman389 wrote:LSN shows some decisions made to people that went complete after me as well. Not really too sure how to look into to it. My impatience may just be getting the better of me. Just hoping for some news ASAP! I am instate so I am taking a serious look at R-N.

Me too. Rutgers Newark is my first choice. I've been complete since 1/6/11 but it feels like it has been an eternity!

aidez-moi

Postby aidez-moi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 pm

JennBNYC wrote:
northwood wrote:I know there still is time to see what Rutgers will say, but ive been working on my school list, and it would take a heafty scholarship for me to push Rutgers N from the middle of the pack to the final 4- that i will be going to visit and can see myself atttending. With the cost of living, plus out of state rates, its just too expensive for me to go there at sticker, or with a decent scholarship. Rutgers is a great school, and if money wasnt an issue, id keep my hat in there, but unfortunately money is an issue, and its going to be hard to compete with instate tutition at 2 good NY state schools.

best of luck to all that applied. hope you all hear happy news soon.

Just so you know, when I went to the ASD they said any OOS person can get in-state tuition for ALL THREE years if you sign a 12-month lease before the semester starts. So, you can get the in-state rate, too. HTH.

How was the ASD?

I am really leaning against Rutgers, but with the possibility of obtaining instate tuition plus the scholarship they gave me it would be cheap as hell.

jerseygirl

Postby jerseygirl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

lawschool12345 wrote:
jerseygirl wrote:
lawschool12345 wrote:still waiting tooo, very anxiously
getting nervous about if ill get in with 158, 3.67

I'm right there with you. I've had people tell me my 158 and 3.5 are enough to get me in and possibly with scholarship money, but I've been complete since November 11. If they really wanted me and even badly enough to entice me with scholarship money I think that they would have accepted me already. Seton Hall didn't mess around. I got my application in to them around the same time as Rutgers and they accepted me on the first day that they sent out admissions decisions. That says to me "Hey, we like your application and really want you to join our class."

exactly i got the seton hall acceptance right away, why do i have to wait this long, im not even under review

Rutgers never puts up the status of "in review"

goodmama

Postby goodmama » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:35 pm

If I don't have any prior work exp, but my numbers are bad should I apply PT over regular. I plan on retaking in June, but figured I might as well try here, Seton Hall, and Pace.

Numbers
LSAT- 154
GPA- 3.15

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

if you are planning on re taking in june, you will be too late for this cycle. I say, keep the applications you have out there now, and see how they go, focus on your studying, and dominate the test. You will get in to a school that you want, ( possibly with scholarship money) and have more choice if you wait until next cycle.

If you are going to take the test to get off a waitlist, february should be the test you should shoot for. If you are trying to increase your chances at being admitted, you should wait unilt the next cycle to apply.

lawschool12345

Postby lawschool12345 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 pm

i told them that i would be moving in with a relative if i was accepted to rutgers, and they said that because i wasnt renting my own place and thusly living with family that a letter from my family + if i change my address with my bank and fax them a copy of my banking statement with the nj address on there they will give me in state tuition fwiw

solarae

Postby solarae » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am

tag

good luck everyone!

RAB

Postby RAB » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:12 pm

How do they notify you when your file is complete? Do they ever make status updates on the status checker?

don_geis

Postby don_geis » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 pm

publiusjr wrote:I always heard rutgers-newark has an additional admission option on their application, not sure if it is for FT or P. Is their admission option bs? I can't imagine rutgers-newark accepting people below their lsat and ugpa just because they have a strong resume or softs. Does anyone know anyone who actually used this option and succeeded?

FWIW, I was admitted last year with an LSAT slightly above their median, and a GPA below their median (sub 3.0) and I checked the “Life Experience” box. Also, I applied about a week before the deadline. Granted, I had been out of school several years and have had some pretty unique life experiences during that time, which I was able to tie into my personal statement. Nevertheless, considering my situation, I am convinced that they definitely factor in which box you check. To what extent, I can’t say for sure.

I would say that if you are able to tie your life experiences into your application in a meaningful way, and you feel that your life experiences are worthy of extra consideration, then check the “Life Experience” box. They are still going to look at your numbers, that’s a given. I think this is a pretty interesting and unique way of increasing diversity in the student body.

Iceman389

Postby Iceman389 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Anyone else been complete since 12/3? I'm starting to get a little nervous...

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Iceman389 wrote:Anyone else been complete since 12/3? I'm starting to get a little nervous...

I have been complete since 11/04/2010. I am thinking they will be releasing a large amount of decisions soon.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:55 pm

I think there's a long road ahead...only 1 person reviews apps at RU-N which is why they are known for their dreadfully slow decisions.

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:28 pm

URMdan wrote:I think there's a long road ahead...only 1 person reviews apps at RU-N which is why they are known for their dreadfully slow decisions.

In their emails they claim at least 3 people will review your application...And a lot of people that applied in the fall were accepted 4 weeks later....I assumed how long they take to get back to you was dependent on how they feel about your file. On the other hand I got an email from them saying the december lsat scores came out "last week" when they came out over 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. They also sent me an email that my file was complete when it had "file complete" status on the status checker for over a week...so things seem a little scattered..

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:23 am

AmericaninManchuria wrote:
URMdan wrote:I think there's a long road ahead...only 1 person reviews apps at RU-N which is why they are known for their dreadfully slow decisions.

In their emails they claim at least 3 people will review your application...And a lot of people that applied in the fall were accepted 4 weeks later....I assumed how long they take to get back to you was dependent on how they feel about your file. On the other hand I got an email from them saying the december lsat scores came out "last week" when they came out over 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. They also sent me an email that my file was complete when it had "file complete" status on the status checker for over a week...so things seem a little scattered..

I agree. I use this special status check sometimes https://admissionservices.rutgers.edu/g ... sLogon.app and it says that my personal statement is missing.

Paulzilla

Postby Paulzilla » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:44 am

URMdan wrote:

I agree. I use this special status check sometimes https://admissionservices.rutgers.edu/g ... sLogon.app and it says that my personal statement is missing.

haha I've never seen that status checker before, but I just tried it and it had a lot of wrong information. It also said my PS was missing.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:55 am

Paulzilla wrote:
URMdan wrote:

haha I've never seen that status checker before, but I just tried it and it had a lot of wrong information. It also said my PS was missing.

yea I don't wanna know what that office looks like.

edit: it's bad enough it looks like a sh*t-hole from the outside

LSATclincher

Postby LSATclincher » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Since I'm accepted at Rutgers-Camden, should I definitely be accepted to Rutgers-Newark? Looking at the numbers, it appears Camden is more difficult to get into. I'm hoping I can get in at Newark with some money, then negotiate that with Camden to get them to give me the money.

get it to x

Postby get it to x » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:04 am

Just an FYI, there's an admissions committee of multiple deans and faculty. I believe they all review applications as a group. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions about RU.

lmperri

Postby lmperri » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:36 pm

anyone know when the next ASD will be, I feel like they told us a range but I forgot

Iceman389

Postby Iceman389 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Informed that my application has been held today via e-mail. Number 1 choice for me for several different reasons so obviously I am somewhat disappointed. Time for that LOCI I guess. Sigh...

jerseygirl

Postby jerseygirl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:31 pm

In via status checker and email. LSAT 158, GPA 3.5

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:47 am

jerseygirl wrote:In via status checker and email. LSAT 158, GPA 3.5

Jerseygirl, congrats! I actually got excited to see your acceptance because your stats are pretty similar to mine, so I'm happy to see you were accepted...I had a 161 and 3.45. When did you go complete?

I went complete 1/14 and have been checking everyday!

Congrats again

NJPharmD2011

Postby NJPharmD2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:03 am

Paulzilla wrote:
URMdan wrote:

"The Rutgers University Graduate Admissions on-line "application status" service does not reflect all the various components of your law school application correctly. Often, it will say something is missing when we do indeed have it. If, during the review process we discover a document is missing from your application, we will contact you directly. The most up to date information can be found in the Applicant Status Online page which you have access to if you applied electronically through Law Services. Since your file is complete, the information on the Applicant Status Online page will not change frequently. "

sbmr12

Postby sbmr12 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 am

In via status checker and email. LSAT 157, GPA 3.8. OOS

Does anyone know when we would find out about scholarships?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”