Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NJcollegestudent

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby NJcollegestudent » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:03 am

AmericaninManchuria wrote:I was wondering if any one knows what this means:
My status check for Rutgers says they have received my certification letter, LSAT report, and recommendation letters, but there is an unchecked box that says (Updates from Law Services (if applicable)).

I know you can mail a paper application directly to Law Services, but I applied online through the LSAC website. From what I gather it is this unchecked box that is keeping my application from going complete. Does anyone know what "updates" come from Law Services? Did anyone have similar experience with this box being unchecked?

I did only receive my login credentials for application status yesterday, so perhaps I am just jumping the gun.

I can't imagine how frustrating this process has become for those of you who applied in November! There are just so many unknowns. From the TLS Stats on RN there are both some surprising acceptances and some surprising rejections.

I though I would turn out to be a splitter. But my LSAT ended up as a 161 (two points below my diag. and 6 below my highest ah!)

O, the waiting game...

The box not being checked off does not have any effect on your application. It will only be checked off should you update your GPA (transcript), or add an additional letter of recommendation or evaluation.

As soon as you receive your "File Complete" status, and the application is complete and ready for review you are completed with your application.

I would figure with a 161 and a GPA that is above the median and 75% you may hear back before me and receive money.

I wish you the best of luck at all your schools in which you have applied.

On a side note it seems no one had heard back all week, maybe there will be something today?

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:
My status check for Rutgers says they have received my certification letter, LSAT report, and recommendation letters, but there is an unchecked box that says (Updates from Law Services (if applicable)).

I know you can mail a paper application directly to Law Services, but I applied online through the LSAC website. From what I gather it is this unchecked box that is keeping my application from going complete. Does anyone know what "updates" come from Law Services? Did anyone have similar experience with this box being unchecked?

I did only receive my login credentials for application status yesterday, so perhaps I am just jumping the gun.

I can't imagine how frustrating this process has become for those of you who applied in November! There are just so many unknowns. From the TLS Stats on RN there are both some surprising acceptances and some surprising rejections.

I though I would turn out to be a splitter. But my LSAT ended up as a 161 (two points below my diag. and 6 below my highest ah!)

O, the waiting game...

The box not being checked off does not have any effect on your application. It will only be checked off should you update your GPA (transcript), or add an additional letter of recommendation or evaluation.

As soon as you receive your "File Complete" status, and the application is complete and ready for review you are completed with your application.

I would figure with a 161 and a GPA that is above the median and 75% you may hear back before me and receive money.

On a side note it seems no one had heard back all week, maybe there will be something today?

I also wish you the best of luck. I can tell by your posts how much you deserve an acceptance.

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:34 am

AmericaninManchuria wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:

O, the waiting game...

I also wish you the best of luck. I can tell by your posts how much you deserve an acceptance.

NJCollegestudent: did you also apply to Seton Hall?

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:

O, the waiting game...

NJCollegestudent: did you also apply to Seton Hall?

I did, and was rejected last friday, with a 153/3.98

I did see on lsn that with your numbers there is a high rate of acceptance and scholarship money.

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:01 pm

I did, and was rejected last friday, with a 153/3.98

I did see on lsn that with your numbers there is a high rate of acceptance and scholarship money.[/quote]

I'm sorry, that's too bad...looking at the Seton Hall stats...they seem to be very random in their admissions.

I went complete today at Rutgers!

-Like some other people have told you, there's a reason why they've held on to your application this long...even at the very least, they're obviously really considering you.

AmericaninManchuria

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:34 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:
northwood wrote:my status hasnt changed at any of my schools. There all either under review, or gone complete ( early to mid november). I know that Seton Hall wont let us know of their decision until mid january, and im pretty sure Hofstra is similar. Rutgers seems to be one of the early ones to make a decision ( PSU may, im under review, but have been for about a month).

Im sure you will be getting plenty of acceptances in the upcoming weeks. Your gpa is rock star awesome, and your lsat is pretty groovy ( your better than 75% of the rest of the testers) so, i think you will be dancing pretty nicely soon.

Have you applied to Camden as well? I just went complete there. with a 3.53 158, i like my chances at getting in, but im not going to start celebrating yet.

I did apply to Rutgers Camden, i went complete on November 3, 2010 and am waiting for a decision. I think you have a great chance at both and maybe scholarship money at Newark.

Are you on LSN for this cycle? I did not see any similar stats to the ones you posted, so i am assuming you are not.

Law School Predictor had me at 57% to Rutgers-Newark, 46% at Rutgers-Camden, and 61% at Seton Hall.

I am also looking at Queens (CUNY) Law School as well in this area, New York Law School, Hofstra Law School.

I have also applied to Dayton Law School, Phoenix Law School (admitted), Valparaiso Law School, Penn State (Application complete, not in review yet), Florida Coastal Law School, Quinnipiac Law School, and RWU Law School.

I was just reading old posts...you applied to Dayton? So did I! lol I was surprised to see another Rutgers applicant applying there. My fiance is from Dayton so I think he's a little more excited about that one than I am. I also applied to RWU, New England Law, Seattle U., NYLS and Wyoming

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:28 pm

We have applied to the same schools it seems with RWU law, NYLS and Rutgers.

The dayton admissions office called me last week with an acceptance, so that was a nice touch.

Here is hoping me being back on campus next week will have some good luck effect on the application process and i will receive a notification from the school. Our computing lab is right next door so they will probably see my smile should i receive admissions from a few hundred feet away.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:00 pm

NJcollegestudent- they should just call you into the admissions office and tell you in person that you got accepted.

publiusjr

Postby publiusjr » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:33 pm

I always heard rutgers-newark has an additional admission option on their application, not sure if it is for FT or P. Is their admission option bs? I can't imagine rutgers-newark accepting people below their lsat and ugpa just because they have a strong resume or softs. Does anyone know anyone who actually used this option and succeeded?

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 am

For those of you who's status has changed to "in review" at some point...how long after you went complete was it before you were in review?

I went complete 1/14 and it still only says "file complete". My Seton Hall and NYLS applications went into review almost immediately after they went complete, so I was wondering if there is a norm with Rutgers...

Do you think they glance at your numbers before pulling your file into review or is it completely random?

Iceman389

Postby Iceman389 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:08 am

AmericaninManchuria wrote:For those of you who's status has changed to "in review" at some point...how long after you went complete was it before you were in review?

I went complete 1/14 and it still only says "file complete". My Seton Hall and NYLS applications went into review almost immediately after they went complete, so I was wondering if there is a norm with Rutgers...

Do you think they glance at your numbers before pulling your file into review or is it completely random?

It is my understanding that your status never says "in review". Only file complete and then your decision. Hope that helps.

amg414

Postby amg414 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:19 am

Iceman389 wrote:
AmericaninManchuria wrote:For those of you who's status has changed to "in review" at some point...how long after you went complete was it before you were in review?

It is my understanding that your status never says "in review". Only file complete and then your decision. Hope that helps.

This is correct. I went directly from Complete to Admitted with nothing in between.

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 am

amg414 wrote:
Iceman389 wrote:

This is correct. I went directly from Complete to Admitted with nothing in between.

Thanks, thats good to know. Most of the other schools I've applied to notify you when you're under review.

lawschool12345

Postby lawschool12345 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:24 am

still waiting tooo, very anxiously
getting nervous about if ill get in with 158, 3.67

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:44 am

law school: you will be fine. I was admitted to RUTGERS C with a 158 3.5, you should be allright with Rutgers N.

lawschool12345

Postby lawschool12345 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am

i just applied to rutgers c cause they offered me a fee waiver

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:48 am

i just withdrew from there. maybe i should contact them and tell them to give you my seat.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am

To americanmanchruain:

I actually asked the dean (Dean Walton) about this, and she said that they do not put that status as they do not know what files are being reviewed, and she only knows when there is a decision and inputs it within the system.

Lawschoolnumbers, you are probably in with some money for a scholarship.

Northwood, i am surprised they did not accept you yet as well. I think a large amount of decisions has to come soon, as on lsn the activity has slowed down considerably.

lawschool12345

Postby lawschool12345 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am

haha yes northwood, be like my fellow tlser applied, hook him up ha

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:56 am

northwood wrote:NJcollegestudent- they should just call you into the admissions office and tell you in person that you got accepted.

I actually will, regardless of whether i am accepted or not, visit them and personally thank one of the dean's who was so helpful when i came in the office in September, a nervous applicant who was new to the law school application process.

We had a half hour conversation about everything from law, to my hometown, to my ethnicity and the amount of attorneys who are of that, and all this in the middle of a busy admissions day, talk about student outreach.

For those who are admitted, it really is a good school for law, and i have seen their clinics as well, and their students are quite adept at disposing of cases.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:09 pm

I know there still is time to see what Rutgers will say, but ive been working on my school list, and it would take a heafty scholarship for me to push Rutgers N from the middle of the pack to the final 4- that i will be going to visit and can see myself atttending. With the cost of living, plus out of state rates, its just too expensive for me to go there at sticker, or with a decent scholarship. Rutgers is a great school, and if money wasnt an issue, id keep my hat in there, but unfortunately money is an issue, and its going to be hard to compete with instate tutition at 2 good NY state schools.

best of luck to all that applied. hope you all hear happy news soon.

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 pm

northwood wrote:I know there still is time to see what Rutgers will say, but ive been working on my school list, and it would take a heafty scholarship for me to push Rutgers N from the middle of the pack to the final 4- that i will be going to visit and can see myself atttending. With the cost of living, plus out of state rates, its just too expensive for me to go there at sticker, or with a decent scholarship. Rutgers is a great school, and if money wasnt an issue, id keep my hat in there, but unfortunately money is an issue, and its going to be hard to compete with instate tutition at 2 good NY state schools.

best of luck to all that applied. hope you all hear happy news soon.

Just so you know, when I went to the ASD they said any OOS person can get in-state tuition for ALL THREE years if you sign a 12-month lease before the semester starts. So, you can get the in-state rate, too. HTH.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:14 pm

thats good information, but its a bit too late for me ( alleady emaild them).

jerseygirl

Postby jerseygirl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 pm

lawschool12345 wrote:still waiting tooo, very anxiously

I'm right there with you. I've had people tell me my 158 and 3.5 are enough to get me in and possibly with scholarship money, but I've been complete since November 11. If they really wanted me and even badly enough to entice me with scholarship money I think that they would have accepted me already. Seton Hall didn't mess around. I got my application in to them around the same time as Rutgers and they accepted me on the first day that they sent out admissions decisions. That says to me "Hey, we like your application and really want you to join our class."

lawschool12345

Postby lawschool12345 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 pm

jerseygirl wrote:
lawschool12345 wrote:still waiting tooo, very anxiously

I'm right there with you. I've had people tell me my 158 and 3.5 are enough to get me in and possibly with scholarship money, but I've been complete since November 11. If they really wanted me and even badly enough to entice me with scholarship money I think that they would have accepted me already. Seton Hall didn't mess around. I got my application in to them around the same time as Rutgers and they accepted me on the first day that they sent out admissions decisions. That says to me "Hey, we like your application and really want you to join our class."

exactly i got the seton hall acceptance right away, why do i have to wait this long, im not even under review

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”