Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AmericaninManchuria

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2014 (First Acceptances are in)

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:33 am

Ah I see....mine just changed too. Another dumb question to follow.. (I'm not up with all the lingo) when people say they went "complete" on such in such a date, do they mean "LSAC completed" ? Do you also go to this section to check to see if you are in review, etc.?

I know I seem helpless, but it really isn't very straight forward...

jerseygirl

Postby jerseygirl » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:44 am

AmericaninManchuria wrote:Ah I see....mine just changed too. Another dumb question to follow.. (I'm not up with all the lingo) when people say they went "complete" on such in such a date, do they mean "LSAC completed" ? Do you also go to this section to check to see if you are in review, etc.?

I know I seem helpless, but it really isn't very straight forward...

It means that the school to which they are applying has them listed as complete either through an email notification or on the online application status checker.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:46 am

You should be able to receive an email with your status checker. Also remember to send your fee payment, so that you can go complete.

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:54 am

Anyone going to the ASD on Thursday?

aidez-moi

Postby aidez-moi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:01 pm

JennBNYC wrote:Anyone going to the ASD on Thursday?

I wanted to, but my classes start up again on Wednesday and I'm nowhere near Jersey.

NicRen

Postby NicRen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:05 pm

aidez-moi wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:Anyone going to the ASD on Thursday?

I wanted to, but my classes start up again on Wednesday and I'm nowhere near Jersey.

I wanted to go as well, but I just took some time off work last month and probably shouldn't do it again. I will probably schedule a visit on a Monday sometime in the near future.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Any other November file completed applicants still waiting?

jdncu

Postby jdncu » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:Any other November file completed applicants still waiting?

Complete 12/9, Admitted 1/5

I'm a splitter as well. If you haven't heard yet I take it that they are taking a good look at you. Its easy to auto-admit or reject someone, but if they are waiting then they are taking some time contemplating their decision. I'd take it as a positive.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:41 pm

jdncu wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:Any other November file completed applicants still waiting?

I'm a splitter as well. If you haven't heard yet I take it that they are taking a good look at you. Its easy to auto-admit or reject someone, but if they are waiting then they are taking some time contemplating their decision. I'd take it as a positive.

You may be correct, as i hope i can receive admission to Rutgers-Newark Law School. It is my number one choice, and hopefully they take all the time they need to render a decision. I was wondering if they had completed the November files yet or not, and that is still not the case i take it.

jdncu

Postby jdncu » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:59 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:
jdncu wrote:

You may be correct, as i hope i can receive admission to Rutgers-Newark Law School. It is my number one choice, and hopefully they take all the time they need to render a decision. I was wondering if they had completed the November files yet or not, and that is still not the case i take it.

Looking at LSN, there are a bunch of other people with your application date that haven't heard anything and there are no decisions other than acceptances listed either. It seems like the statment that schools review applications in the order they are received, but do not necessarily render decisions in that order holds true in this case.

I am in the same boat for a few other schools and I'd certainly like to hear soon, but have no complaints if it takes 5 months to admit me.

Good luck to you!

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 pm

jdncu wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:
jdncu wrote:

Looking at LSN, there are a bunch of other people with your application date that haven't heard anything and there are no decisions other than acceptances listed either. It seems like the statment that schools review applications in the order they are received, but do not necessarily render decisions in that order holds true in this case.

I am in the same boat for a few other schools and I'd certainly like to hear soon, but have no complaints if it takes 5 months to admit me.

Good luck to you!

Thank You, and if you need information about the campus, or transit information, i currently attend Rutgers-Newark as an undergraduate and would be happy to assist.

LaProfe14

Postby LaProfe14 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:12 am

Would Ru-N offer you acceptance to PT program if you don't quite cut it for FT? Or do I have to choose which division to apply to and hope it works? I'm not sure which one to apply to since my LSAT score is low 150s and my gpa is 3.08 from UConn (yea I know it's not great, but this is my top choice and want to try). I know PT programs are usually more for older students who intend to work full-time, have children, etc. so i don't know how my app would look next to people who've been in the workforce for a few years. I suppose I get URM status as a Hispanic, foreign-born, bilingual female. However, I'm not Puerto Rican or Mexican :cry: lol. BTW - Can you still get accepted to the Minority Student Program if you're PT?

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:13 am

To the poster above me:

Here is how it works in Rutgers-Newark Law School admissions in terms of the programs. You can only select one, and be considered for one, so FT or PT are your mutually exclusive options. You should consider your workload and whether you want a 3 year or 4 year program.

In addition, if you have good work experience you should also check the life experience box.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you next year at Rutgers-Newark Law School, and please feel free to ask questions.

LadyG

Postby LadyG » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Just wondering your thoughts.............. file complete 12/20. Hope to expect by end of Jan early Feb seem likely?

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:11 pm

It seems to be completely at random, as i am complete as of 11/04/2010 and no decision yet.

BrownBears09

Postby BrownBears09 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:57 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:It seems to be completely at random, as i am complete as of 11/04/2010 and no decision yet.

It appears to me that many schools tend to do auto-admits/rejects (per batch of course) before reviewing the rest of the applications (in the current batch.)

I could be wrong of course, and it wouldn't be the first time.

LadyG

Postby LadyG » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:41 pm

BrownBears09 wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:It seems to be completely at random, as i am complete as of 11/04/2010 and no decision yet.

It appears to me that many schools tend to do auto-admits/rejects (per batch of course) before reviewing the rest of the applications (in the current batch.)

I could be wrong of course, and it wouldn't be the first time.

I am going to go to with your thoughts.... I can lean on the old "no news is good news" theory- for now at least! =)

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm

For those who are waiting, it seems that they update around 2:30pm if they are sending out decisions.

LSATclincher

Postby LSATclincher » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:31 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:
jdncu wrote:

Why is Newark #1 over Camden? Low LSAT score?

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:40 pm

LSATclincher wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:
jdncu wrote:

Why is Newark #1 over Camden? Low LSAT score?

I am from North Jersey, and i am a current student at the Rutgers-Newark campus, and have decided the law school is perfect for me.

I have applied to Rutgers-Camden Law School as well.

LSATclincher

Postby LSATclincher » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm aplying to all these, too. Though my Camden app is a bit disorganized because of their procedures. But I'd consider Camden over Newark. Camden will give you an honest chance at Philly, along w/ NJ of course. Newark is pretty much just NJ, and an long shot chance at NY.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:20 am

My numbers are 153 (can't retake anymore)/2.95 (huge upward trend) and I also checked the "emphasis on non-numerical factors" box. As an AA, I would be appalled if I got rejected from the FT program with my WE, PS, and adversity story.

Oh yea, I'm also a NJ resident.

PS - anyone have any idea when I can expect a decision? Went complete 12/19.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 pm

I am also waiting from 11/4/2010, and have the same LSAT (153) and a 3.98. I think you should hear back soon as well.

Did you check off the work experience box?

LadyG

Postby LadyG » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:55 am

Did not go complete until 12/20 and have not heard. I checked experience box-

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:55 am

I was wondering if any one knows what this means:
My status check for Rutgers says they have received my certification letter, LSAT report, and recommendation letters, but there is an unchecked box that says (Updates from Law Services (if applicable)).

I know you can mail a paper application directly to Law Services, but I applied online through the LSAC website. From what I gather it is this unchecked box that is keeping my application from going complete. Does anyone know what "updates" come from Law Services? Did anyone have similar experience with this box being unchecked?

I did only receive my login credentials for application status yesterday, so perhaps I am just jumping the gun.

I can't imagine how frustrating this process has become for those of you who applied in November! There are just so many unknowns. From the TLS Stats on RN there are both some surprising acceptances and some surprising rejections.

I though I would turn out to be a splitter. But my LSAT ended up as a 161 (two points below my diag. and 6 below my highest ah!)

O, the waiting game...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”