Lasers wrote:rebelx13 wrote:Based on what we just saw above with grants reduced because of a scholarship, if I'm sitting on grant money and loans from their financial aid offer, but i havent put a seat deposit down, am i in jeopardy of losing anything offered to me if i decide to wait until may 1? i want to give davis as much time as possible, or perhaps hastings to increase my offer (i sent a nice email to them) with a scholly or the like.
grants should not be reduced.
if you have accepted the package in your letter, you should be fine. also, they don't have scholly money as of now, but might have some after the may 1st deadline. you will probably have to put down a deposit first.
thanks, i'll be doing that tonight in that case. personally, i dont like davis' atmosphere and that's really the only school i'm still waiting on. the only reason i would go is a significantly reduced COA which i dont anticipate happening. i was just thinking not putting a deposit down might entice them to perhaps throw a little bit more at me, but i suppose not :/