UC Hastings 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Top14Hope

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:05 pm

toster19 wrote:Received scholarship email this morning from Dean Canada.

Why are you the second person to post this without any relevant information? LSAT/GPA...When you got accepted...How much you got...any stips?

Are you two fucking with me? Who the hell writes this stuff without giving us the goods? Do you enjoy torturing us?

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Top14Hope wrote:

Why are you the second person to post this without any relevant information? LSAT/GPA...When you got accepted...How much you got...any stips?

Are you two fucking with me? Who the hell writes this stuff without giving us the goods? Do you enjoy torturing us?

calm down broseph

if you are that curious search the user's posts

barklm

Postby barklm » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:12 pm

Borhas wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:

calm down broseph

Also, all of my info is in my profile.

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Borhas wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:

calm down broseph

The user's 7 posts fail to answer most of my questions...

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:19 pm

barklm wrote:
Borhas wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:

calm down broseph

Also, all of my info is in my profile.

If by all of your info, did you mean not enough to be truly helpful?

Is it 30k every year or spread out (I'm guessing spread)...Is there a stipulation? What kind of scholarship is it (need or merit)?

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Do y'all think it would be too early to submit a LOCI?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Top14Hope wrote:If by all of your info, did you mean not enough to be truly helpful?

Is it 30k every year or spread out (I'm guessing spread)...Is there a stipulation? What kind of scholarship is it (need or merit)?

:shock: jesus christ, take it to a PM if you really want to know...verbally attacking people who haven't even said anything wrong is not TCR.

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Gotti wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:If by all of your info, did you mean not enough to be truly helpful?

:shock: jesus christ, take it to a PM if you really want to know...verbally attacking people who haven't even said anything wrong is not TCR.

I consider omitting very important facts to be wrong, annoying, and illogical. Especially on a website like TLS, where everyone is here to find out info (mostly everyone). It's like telling me you won the lotto, but failing to tell me that it was only for five dollars. You got me excited, but left me hanging unnecessarily. It's just dumb, and I don't hold back my feelings on TLS because I feel that as future lawyers, we all should be able to take it (and obviously, some of us need it). Don't be such a wimp. Try thinking before you act. You are going to be a lawyer (scary).

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I consider omitting very important facts to be wrong, annoying, and illogical. Especially on a website like TLS, where everyone is here to find out info (mostly everyone). It's like telling me you won the lotto, but failing to tell me that it was only for five dollars. You got me excited, but left me hanging unnecessarily. It's just dumb, and I don't hold back my feelings on TLS because I feel that as future lawyers, we all should be able to take it (and obviously, some of us need it). Don't be such a wimp. Try thinking before you act. You are going to be a lawyer (scary).

wut

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Gotti wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote:

wut

ILY Gotti. I'm sorry for being too aggressive.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:I consider omitting very important facts to be wrong, annoying, and illogical. Especially on a website like TLS, where everyone is here to find out info (mostly everyone). It's like telling me you won the lotto, but failing to tell me that it was only for five dollars. You got me excited, but left me hanging unnecessarily. It's just dumb, and I don't hold back my feelings on TLS because I feel that as future lawyers, we all should be able to take it (and obviously, some of us need it). Don't be such a wimp. Try thinking before you act. You are going to be a lawyer (scary).

wut

hahaha forgiven.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Chill out man.. If you were nice and sent a pm asking I'm sure you would have gotten a nice and helpful response back.. Throwing an online fit won't get you anywhere or encourage people to be nice back to you.

barklm

Postby barklm » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:05 pm

barklm wrote:Just received my scholarship email from Hastings today - my initial acceptance phone call was on 2/10.

I've been asked, respectfully, by a couple of people and don't mind sharing details if it helps others.

164/3.88 - I received a 30k scholarship over three years. It is awarded based upon both "academic promise and financial need" - it's called a Dean's Renewable Scholarship Award. (The top one on their scholarship website page for entering students.) It is given in addition to any need based aid and there wasn't a grade stipulation attached/stated.

mybrain

Postby mybrain » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Just received an e-mail this morning from Dean Canada about scholarship. 10K Chancellor's Scholarship Award.
accepted 2/18 via phone call.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote: :shock: jesus christ, take it to a PM if you really want to know...verbally attacking people who haven't even said anything wrong is not TCR.

wut

--LinkRemoved--

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Chill out man.. If you were nice and sent a pm asking I'm sure you would have gotten a nice and helpful response back.. Throwing an online fit won't get you anywhere or encourage people to be nice back to you.

Maybe some of us are displaying misplaced emotions, you know, nerves, anticipation, consternation; this is a challenging time for many of us...always wondering, comparing, hoping. It's just my 2-cents.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:07 pm

barklm wrote:
barklm wrote:Just received my scholarship email from Hastings today - my initial acceptance phone call was on 2/10.

I've been asked, respectfully, by a couple of people and don't mind sharing details if it helps others.

164/3.88 - I received a 30k scholarship over three years. It is awarded based upon both "academic promise and financial need" - it's called a Dean's Renewable Scholarship Award. (The top one on their scholarship website page for entering students.) It is given in addition to any need based aid and there wasn't a grade stipulation attached/stated.

See, now everyone feels obligated to provide all their personal information. :roll:

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:09 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Maybe some of us are displaying misplaced emotions, you know, nerves, anticipation, consternation; this is a challenging time for many of us...always wondering, comparing, hoping. It's just my 2-cents.

--ImageRemoved--

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:See, now everyone feels obligated to provide all their personal information. :roll:

I don't. I actually feel like giving less information just to see that poster throw another bitchfit.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Submitted 3/1. Complete (Review) 3/2. Too fast? Few apps speed up process?

Those are my concerns, so all of us are anxious, to some extent.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm

bk1 wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:See, now everyone feels obligated to provide all their personal information. :roll:

I don't. I actually feel like giving less information just to see that poster throw another bitchfit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Gotti wrote:
bk1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+1

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:24 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Submitted 3/1. Complete (Review) 3/2. Too fast? Few apps speed up process?

I got a complete email the day after I submitted in November. Then I got a call on March 1 telling me my application was not complete. To me this says that they just send the complete email whenever they get you LSAC stuff to stop you from bugging them.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:26 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Maybe some of us are displaying misplaced emotions, you know, nerves, anticipation, consternation; this is a challenging time for many of us...always wondering, comparing, hoping. It's just my 2-cents.

Well I totally get that - I submitted in October and just found out I was accepted a week ago, so I understand all of the waiting and anxiety. I just think he could stand to be a little nicer, that's all.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:26 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:Submitted 3/1. Complete (Review) 3/2. Too fast? Few apps speed up process?

I got a complete email the day after I submitted in November. Then I got a call on March 1 telling me my application was not complete. To me this says that they just send the complete email whenever they get you LSAC stuff to stop you from bugging them.

Thanks, this helps. I won't bug them, promise :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”