UC Hastings 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby krad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:11 pm

harrisment6 wrote:so this is what it feels like to get accepted by ur first choice?!?! omgggggggggggggggggg hastings does love me back.
fear not everyone, if i can make it then theres hope for u yet

Haha congrats :)

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:39 pm

barklm wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:
barklm wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:Well I just reviewed my application and left out some really important details... Details like my personal statement and resume. Yeah.... WTF is wrong with me. And I did it only to Hastings. Awesome. Just emailed the office but I'm SOL yes?

Considering that their application deadline hasn't passed yet (3/1) I don't see why you wouldn't be able to add the missing items to your file. Mistakes happen! Don't let it phase you too much and just get the items in ASAP. (Good catch btw!)

Good luck!! :)

I sent it in via email today per the admissions office's instruction. No acknowledgment of receipt or anything though... Not inspiring so much confidence, but hopefully they'll see past that and my low gpa and let a hometown girl in...

As tough as it can be with all of the waiting and stress - try to stay positive! Maybe a follow-up email or phone call to confirm receipt? Could serve to both make you feel better and demonstrate how truly interested you are. :)

I always try to avoid contacting Hastings bc they seem to be soooooo against hearing from us. But I just got a call telling me they were missing my personal statement and resume and I said I'd emailed them, so he went in and looked and said he had it and I should get a decision soon. OMMMMMGGGGG.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:

I always try to avoid contacting Hastings bc they seem to be soooooo against hearing from us. But I just got a call telling me they were missing my personal statement and resume and I said I'd emailed them, so he went in and looked and said he had it and I should get a decision soon. OMMMMMGGGGG.

Good luck, I hope you hear soon!!

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:42 pm

ilovesf wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:

Good luck, I hope you hear soon!!

Thanks!!!! Maybe if I get in we can get a pre-Hastings drink and anticipate the next 3 exciting years together...

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:14 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Mike088 wrote:what does YP mean?

yield protect.

It means they think you are not going to matriculate at their school because you will likely go elsewhere (a higher ranked school) so they WL you to protect their yield (the % of acceptances that actually go to the school).

ahhh makes sense, thanks for the explanation

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Thanks!!!! Maybe if I get in we can get a pre-Hastings drink and anticipate the next 3 exciting years together...

Definitely! I'll also be suggesting a get together during ASD.. fun times ahead!

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:47 pm

exciting? in some sense.

i can see it being a total bitch of a time, too. :?

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:24 am

How many LEOP candidates out there?

I just applied (LEOP) at the deadline. GPA splitter. urm

I wasn't actually going to apply, as I am preparing to retake the 10/1 LSAT, but I thought, "Why not." The worst that can happen is Hastings says no, I do significantly better on the LSAT, and reapply next year, as I planned on doing anyway.

We'll see....

BTW, how nice it must feel to receive an acceptance phone call....

orachelo

Postby orachelo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 pm

I got my WL notification via email on 2/23 and it hurt bad...it's my top choice.

Anyone know how they structure their WL? Chances of getting in from the WL? Should I send a LOCI even though the email explicitly said no emails or calls about the WL.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:06 pm

so how many TLSers are going to the march ASD?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:34 pm

nematoad wrote:so how many TLSers are going to the march ASD?

i'm going to the april one sadly.. i have a feel most people are going to the one in march though.

lucky277

Postby lucky277 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:43 pm

ilovesf wrote:

i'm going to the april one sadly.. i have a feel most people are going to the one in march though.

I'll be at the one in April! You'll be in good company :)

thedumbwaiter

Postby thedumbwaiter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:16 pm

orachelo wrote:I got my WL notification via email on 2/23 and it hurt bad...it's my top choice.

Anyone know how they structure their WL? Chances of getting in from the WL? Should I send a LOCI even though the email explicitly said no emails or calls about the WL.

I feel your pain, I was part of that WL batch too. I had a look through last year's Hastings thread to see if I could get an idea. They started emailing people as early as May 1st last year checking they still wanted to be considered. Once people got the email and replied they were usually called within a couple of days with an offer and then had a few days to decide. Some people hadn't sent in LOCIs but some had along with updated resumes etc. It seems like they do it in batches and probably already know who they'll offer spaces to but maybe I'm wrong. I think I'll be sending in a LOCI at the start of April.

There were people who got off the Hastings WL before they even got an initial decision from Davis. Sigh.

krad

Postby krad » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Officially withdrew from my acceptance today, hopefully this will free up a spot for those on the WL! :) Good luck!

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Just got a call from an unknown SF number and had an omg omg omg Hastings moment. It was Nordstrom telling me my alterations are ready... Not as good.

orachelo

Postby orachelo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:16 pm

thedumbwaiter wrote:
orachelo wrote:I got my WL notification via email on 2/23 and it hurt bad...it's my top choice.

I feel your pain, I was part of that WL batch too. I had a look through last year's Hastings thread to see if I could get an idea. They started emailing people as early as May 1st last year checking they still wanted to be considered. Once people got the email and replied they were usually called within a couple of days with an offer and then had a few days to decide. Some people hadn't sent in LOCIs but some had along with updated resumes etc. It seems like they do it in batches and probably already know who they'll offer spaces to but maybe I'm wrong. I think I'll be sending in a LOCI at the start of April.

There were people who got off the Hastings WL before they even got an initial decision from Davis. Sigh.

This is helpful info --thanks! At the risk of annoying Hastings and being put at the bottom of the WL pile, I emailed them with WL questions. I was told that they don't rank their WL, it's too early to send an LOCI and they will start reviewing their WL in mid-May. I hope they start in early May like last year. And I will definitely send a LOCI probably mid-April. Good luck! Hope Hastings shows us some L-O-V-E.

orachelo

Postby orachelo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:19 pm

krad wrote:Officially withdrew from my acceptance today, hopefully this will free up a spot for those on the WL! :) Good luck!

Krad-- thanks! If you don't mind me asking, what school did you decide to attend? I hope accepted folks who know they aren't going to Hastings follow suit. It might really help us WL folks.

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:23 pm

I'll likely be there - would be fun to meet some of y'alls...

djashfro

Postby djashfro » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Application went complete mid december. 164/3.3 and Im still waiting... Am i doomed?? :shock:

krad

Postby krad » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 pm

orachelo wrote:
krad wrote:Officially withdrew from my acceptance today, hopefully this will free up a spot for those on the WL! :) Good luck!

Krad-- thanks! If you don't mind me asking, what school did you decide to attend? I hope accepted folks who know they aren't going to Hastings follow suit. It might really help us WL folks.

No problem! I'm going to ride one WL myself, so I know the feeling. I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards BU or one of my $$$ offers. I can't justify OOS at Hastings compared to some of my offers, so I decided to withdraw my acceptance.

Good luck to you!

rubbersoul89

Postby rubbersoul89 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:03 pm

I'll be at the March ASD!

restless

Postby restless » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Is anyone still in review from mid-January? I got the "application complete" e-mail on 01/18. Should I start fussing or continue to just chill?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Damn are all residency forms as comprehensive as the CA form? It's going to take me a whiiiile to fill that out.

thedumbwaiter

Postby thedumbwaiter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:27 pm

orachelo wrote:
thedumbwaiter wrote:

This is helpful info --thanks! At the risk of annoying Hastings and being put at the bottom of the WL pile, I emailed them with WL questions. I was told that they don't rank their WL, it's too early to send an LOCI and they will start reviewing their WL in mid-May. I hope they start in early May like last year. And I will definitely send a LOCI probably mid-April. Good luck! Hope Hastings shows us some L-O-V-E.

Oh good, I'm glad they don't rank it. Someone last year was told not to send LOCIs etc until mid May but then they started accepting people off the WL before which seems a bit unfair so I'm just going to be careful and send it in sooner rather than later. Best of luck!

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:32 pm

restless wrote:Is anyone still in review from mid-January? I got the "application complete" e-mail on 01/18. Should I start fussing or continue to just chill?

I got that email in November and they hadn't even looked at my application to see that it was not, in fact, complete until yesterday. So I'd just chill for a while.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”