UC Hastings 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wokeemilo
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby wokeemilo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:50 pm

not sure how hard it is to get off the waitlist, but they do have a pretty huge class (around 400 or so?). that might increase your chances, hopefully.

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby OklahomasOK » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 pm

WL.

This one hurts, really hurts. I'm debating even going to law school at this point, I wanted Hastings more than anything else.

User avatar
am0rfati
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby am0rfati » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:WL.

This one hurts, really hurts. I'm debating even going to law school at this point, I wanted Hastings more than anything else.

Really sorry :(

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:WL.

This one hurts, really hurts. I'm debating even going to law school at this point, I wanted Hastings more than anything else.


Sorry.. that sucks :( That is kind of how I feel. I REALLY want Hastings, but I haven't heard back yet. At least you can write a LOCI and keep trying!

crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby crit_racer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm

this thread is so depressing right now

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby nematoad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.


Congrats! I hope there are more acceptances to come soon!

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Oh my god. I am afraid now that I didn't get a WL b/c I should expect a rejection with my terrible gpa. If I don't get into Hastings, I'm thinking seriously about taking another year off and trying to come up with something to improve my app. I am less and less willing to leave SF for law school.... Panic attack.

Also for those of you waitlisted, my friend got in off the waitlist last June(ish,) I'll ask her what she did to get off it.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:37 pm

crit_racer wrote:this thread is so depressing right now


For reals. I walked by Hastings today and looked at it longingly. Then I went to Saigon Sandwich and felt A LOT better.

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby nematoad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 pm

ilovesf wrote:
nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.


Congrats! I hope there are more acceptances to come soon!


thank you! just an fyi, i applied on the first day apps opened. 10/1. so a wait isnt necessarily a bad thing

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Oh my god. I am afraid now that I didn't get a WL b/c I should expect a rejection with my terrible gpa. If I don't get into Hastings, I'm thinking seriously about taking another year off and trying to come up with something to improve my app. I am less and less willing to leave SF for law school.... Panic attack.

Also for those of you waitlisted, my friend got in off the waitlist last June(ish,) I'll ask her what she did to get off it.


It looks like though from your profile that you got into much better schools. It would be really weird if you were accepted to WUSTL and not Hastings. I love Hastings, but it isn't as good as some of your other options. But then again.. SF owns other cities.

crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby crit_racer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:40 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Oh my god. I am afraid now that I didn't get a WL b/c I should expect a rejection with my terrible gpa. If I don't get into Hastings, I'm thinking seriously about taking another year off and trying to come up with something to improve my app. I am less and less willing to leave SF for law school.... Panic attack.

Also for those of you waitlisted, my friend got in off the waitlist last June(ish,) I'll ask her what she did to get off it.


Any advice from your friend would be appreciated. btw, i have same LSAT as you and .3 higher GPA, but who knows. Maybe Dean Canada will take mercy on your app.

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:42 pm

ilovesf wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:Oh my god. I am afraid now that I didn't get a WL b/c I should expect a rejection with my terrible gpa. If I don't get into Hastings, I'm thinking seriously about taking another year off and trying to come up with something to improve my app. I am less and less willing to leave SF for law school.... Panic attack.

Also for those of you waitlisted, my friend got in off the waitlist last June(ish,) I'll ask her what she did to get off it.


It looks like though from your profile that you got into much better schools. It would be really weird if you were accepted to WUSTL and not Hastings. I love Hastings, but it isn't as good as some of your other options. But then again.. SF owns other cities.


Yeah but the idea of leaving SF like I did for UG makes me actually start weeping (in places like my office...) I thought I could handle it when I applied but it is going to be realllllly hard for me.

User avatar
samilabuena
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby samilabuena » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44 pm

nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.


+1! Congrats to us!

User avatar
DreamsInDigital
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby DreamsInDigital » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:47 pm

samilabuena wrote:
nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.


+1! Congrats to us!


Just got the call about an hour ago. Super excited.

It is going to take a decent financial aid offer for them to win me over after Illinois offered me a ton of money, but I would LOVE to stay in Cali and check out san fran. Lets see what happens.

User avatar
samilabuena
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby samilabuena » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:
samilabuena wrote:
nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.


+1! Congrats to us!


Just got the call about an hour ago. Super excited.

It is going to take a decent financial aid offer for them to win me over after Illinois offered me a ton of money, but I would LOVE to stay in Cali and check out san fran. Lets see what happens.


I feel the same way about Tulane. They've really stepped up their game recently. It's going to take some wooing to get me out to SF, but I would LOVE to live there.

ejeric
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ejeric » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 am

in by phone call earlier today too. no scholarship info though. does that come later?

User avatar
DreamsInDigital
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby DreamsInDigital » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:49 am

ejeric wrote:in by phone call earlier today too. no scholarship info though. does that come later?


i tried to be sly and ask about it, didn't get much of a response as to how much is possible but did get some sort of time line. she told me to be sure to submit fafsa and their addendum asap; early march for ec, mid to late march for regular decision.

User avatar
DreamsInDigital
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby DreamsInDigital » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:50 am

samilabuena wrote:
DreamsInDigital wrote:
samilabuena wrote:
nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.


+1! Congrats to us!


Just got the call about an hour ago. Super excited.

It is going to take a decent financial aid offer for them to win me over after Illinois offered me a ton of money, but I would LOVE to stay in Cali and check out san fran. Lets see what happens.


I feel the same way about Tulane. They've really stepped up their game recently. It's going to take some wooing to get me out to SF, but I would LOVE to live there.


lets make them want us so much they start throwing money our way. any idea how to do that?

jcbwrnc
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby jcbwrnc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:32 am

Well, if the housing board never sends us an email, we should make our own! I don't think I will apply for McAllister housing, but I am going to check it out tomorrow.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Lasers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:52 am

jcbwrnc wrote:Well, if the housing board never sends us an email, we should make our own! I don't think I will apply for McAllister housing, but I am going to check it out tomorrow.

please report back with your thoughts!

i'm strongly considering living at the tower first year.

molomloch
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby molomloch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 am

I got WL'd with a 169 and a 4.0... :oops:

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 am

molomloch wrote:I got WL'd with a 169 and a 4.0... :oops:


Either you had C&F issues or, more likely, they know you are going somewhere else and you got YP'ed. Hastings is not THAT good

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby snichols16 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Any word on travel funds and the amount thereof?

jspri
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby jspri » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:05 pm

samilabuena wrote:
nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.


+1! Congrats to us!




Hastings has been showing the GW kids some love! You're the 4th G-dub undergrad I know that got in this cycle




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, curry1, danid83, Google [Bot], hopeful applicant, jprath2, NotAGolfer, VapidP, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests