UC Hastings 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Yeah I got mine on Saturday, woot!

It's a bit underwhelming, but it's better than Cardozo's was D:

masochist

Postby masochist » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Has anyone's packet included a scholarship award? Mine did not :cry:

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:21 pm

masochist wrote:Has anyone's packet included a scholarship award? Mine did not :cry:

Nope although from what I have read and heard, UCH doesn't give much scholly $ out.

danicalifornia

Postby danicalifornia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 pm

The residency form is ridiculous!! So long.

And i'm still confused if the Hastings Grant is solely need based? Anyone have any idea?

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:26 am

danicalifornia wrote:And i'm still confused if the Hastings Grant is solely need based? Anyone have any idea?

yup

thedumbwaiter

Postby thedumbwaiter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:20 pm

So I'm a bit stressy. I applied to UCHastings and Davis and really really hope I get accepted by one (both would be great but I'm not greedy!). I'm an international applicant so I don't actually have a GPA and I read elsewhere on TLS that generally schools just look at your LSAT and assume you have an appropriate GPA to get in. I guess my question is: with a 163 LSAT and a degree from a top British university do you think I'll get in? I've been looking at LSN but without a GPA its pretty pointless.

I'm not sure my personal statement is that good. I unfortunately sent off applications before I came across this forum. Do you think I could email them asking would they like a Diversity Statement etc? Or is it stupid to hassle them?

I'm really hoping an acceptance letter is winging its way across the Atlantic right now but I'm not all that confident. :shock:

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm

thedumbwaiter wrote: Do you think I could email them asking would they like a Diversity Statement etc? Or is it stupid to hassle them?

The Dean at Hastings made it very clear when I was visiting that they do not look kindly upon additional materials after your application has been submitted. Not sure about Davis.

danicalifornia

Postby danicalifornia » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 pm

i wouldn't recommend sending anything extra to hastings. they aren't fans of that at all.

good luck!

thedumbwaiter wrote:So I'm a bit stressy. I applied to UCHastings and Davis and really really hope I get accepted by one (both would be great but I'm not greedy!). I'm an international applicant so I don't actually have a GPA and I read elsewhere on TLS that generally schools just look at your LSAT and assume you have an appropriate GPA to get in. I guess my question is: with a 163 LSAT and a degree from a top British university do you think I'll get in? I've been looking at LSN but without a GPA its pretty pointless.

I'm not sure my personal statement is that good. I unfortunately sent off applications before I came across this forum. Do you think I could email them asking would they like a Diversity Statement etc? Or is it stupid to hassle them?

I'm really hoping an acceptance letter is winging its way across the Atlantic right now but I'm not all that confident. :shock:

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:57 pm

got my acceptance packet yesterday (or the day before...idk i didn't check the mail until yesterday). I am underwhelmed...but SF would be a nice place to live if I don't go to the east coast...

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 pm

thedumbwaiter wrote:So I'm a bit stressy. I applied to UCHastings and Davis and really really hope I get accepted by one (both would be great but I'm not greedy!). I'm an international applicant so I don't actually have a GPA and I read elsewhere on TLS that generally schools just look at your LSAT and assume you have an appropriate GPA to get in. I guess my question is: with a 163 LSAT and a degree from a top British university do you think I'll get in? I've been looking at LSN but without a GPA its pretty pointless.

my guess is you'll get into at least one of the schools

more likely Davis cause their median LSAT is 163 (they like GPA more than Hastings) the median at Hastings is 164 so w/o an above median GPA your app may not be as enticing (though they'd both love your out of state tuition)

I wouldn't worry about a diversity statement or personal statement, that stuff doesn't matter a lot

mushroom3

Postby mushroom3 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 pm

just got the acceptance letter! i freaked out though bc it was in a small envelope and i had not gotten a phone call so i just assumed it was a rejection

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:33 pm

mushroom3 wrote:just got the acceptance letter! i freaked out though bc it was in a small envelope and i had not gotten a phone call so i just assumed it was a rejection

CONGRATULATIONS!

wokeemilo

Postby wokeemilo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:34 pm

mushroom3 wrote:just got the acceptance letter! i freaked out though bc it was in a small envelope and i had not gotten a phone call so i just assumed it was a rejection

congrats! what are your status, mushroom?

mushroom3

Postby mushroom3 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:24 pm

wokeemilo wrote:

congrats! what are your status, mushroom?

message me for stats!

chihuahua12

Postby chihuahua12 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Just got the phone call :)

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Gotta say I'm a little worried. I applied to Hastings Mid-November(week before Thanksgiving) and still haven't heard anything back, is anyone else on this doleful boat with me?

krad

Postby krad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Got my packet yesterday... Hastings is DANG expensive OOS, blah :(

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:30 pm

How long did it take everyone to receive your decision after you got the e-mail saying your were complete and under review? Did you actually get your decision within a few weeks liek the e-mail said?

thedumbwaiter

Postby thedumbwaiter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Borhas wrote:my guess is you'll get into at least one of the schools

more likely Davis cause their median LSAT is 163 (they like GPA more than Hastings) the median at Hastings is 164 so w/o an above median GPA your app may not be as enticing (though they'd both love your out of state tuition)

I wouldn't worry about a diversity statement or personal statement, that stuff doesn't matter a lot

Thanks, I guess I'll just sit tight and keep waiting!

Zarathustraspoke wrote:Gotta say I'm a little worried. I applied to Hastings Mid-November(week before Thanksgiving) and still haven't heard anything back, is anyone else on this doleful boat with me?

I applied November 18th so right around then too. Not a peep out of them since they acknowledged my application unfortunately.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Is Hastings particularly slow or something? It seems like a munch of you guys have been waiting for some time. I didnt apply until Jan 14th, so it looks like I am in for a bit of a wait :(

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:57 pm

thedumbwaiter wrote:
Borhas wrote:my guess is you'll get into at least one of the schools

Thanks, I guess I'll just sit tight and keep waiting!

Zarathustraspoke wrote:Gotta say I'm a little worried. I applied to Hastings Mid-November(week before Thanksgiving) and still haven't heard anything back, is anyone else on this doleful boat with me?

I applied November 18th so right around then too. Not a peep out of them since they acknowledged my application unfortunately.

Same boat and it's my only solid local option I have left. (Since Boalt, unsuprisingly, rejected me.) I know they're going to be bitches about my gpa but if I get waitlisted I at least want to know so that I can beg them to take me and allow me to continue my perfect Bay Area lifestyle.

mushroom3

Postby mushroom3 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 pm

i just heard back from them yesterday and i went complete and under review on 11/5, so i wouldn't worry too much bc hastings is just slow

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I sent in my app 10/20, and I'm not that strong of a candidate.. so it definitely isn't rolling, I haven't heard back yet. Like most schools, if it takes a long time to hear back then they are just making up their minds.

swordsfish

Postby swordsfish » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Got dinged yesterday via snail mail. Went complete around 11/15. LSAT is at median and GPA a few points under 25th percentile. A bit discouraging since this is the first of the mid tier 1 schools I've heard back from :( Better luck to everyone else!

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Accepted today!!

UR since 11/15 in case anyone is wondering, was getting pretty worried because I'm at/above 75 for both.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”