UC Hastings 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
inlays85
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby inlays85 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 pm

So since Thursday, I am pretty sure 3 people have dropped. I wish them all the best and hope one of us gets the surprise of a lifetime. Good luck everyone!

Mike088
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Mike088 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Our schedules and sections are listed on webadvisor now. It seems i may have a professor snape or two =\

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Lasers » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Mike088 wrote:Our schedules and sections are listed on webadvisor now. It seems i may have a professor snape or two =\

How do you know how the profs are? Im not sure what to think yet. What section are you in?

Mike088
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Mike088 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:46 pm

on webadvisor click schedule then click the class and it'll say your professor. I'm in section 1 though it looks like.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Lasers » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Mike088 wrote:on webadvisor click schedule then click the class and it'll say your professor. I'm in section 1 though it looks like.

no, i meant how do you know if your professors are going to be "snape" like.

also, i don't know if snape is a good or bad thing, but in the context it seemed kind of bad. :)

Mike088
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Mike088 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:09 pm

i did a little reading on ratemyprof, but i called up my friend who just graduated from Hastings this June and he did some confirming. and yes definitely bad context lol.

Mike088
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Mike088 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:14 pm

and what section are you?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ilovesf » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:14 pm

section five here! i didn't see any of my profs on ratemyprofessor.com so i guess it will just be a surprise!

Mike088
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Mike088 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:56 pm

anybody else just have their SHIP waiver appeal denied? yay for an extra thousand dollars on health insurance when i already have health insurance.....

MalachiConstant
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby MalachiConstant » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:51 am

Section 2 teachers look good.

edit: failed miserably at initially figuring out my section.

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ensign85 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:05 pm

So they really do admit all the way into orientation. Still holding on! Has anyone seen any movement from the waitlist?

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby kapital98 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Mike088 wrote:anybody else just have their SHIP waiver appeal denied? yay for an extra thousand dollars on health insurance when i already have health insurance.....


An extra thousand? That's just for the first semester :wink:

The total for both semesters is $2480.09 :oops:

inlays85
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby inlays85 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:24 am

ensign85 wrote:So they really do admit all the way into orientation. Still holding on! Has anyone seen any movement from the waitlist?


I have not seen any movement. Nevertheless, I still have hope. At least two people in this forum indicated that they dropped. I also believe there was another one on LSN. So who knows. Best of luck!

Question for all the people recently admitted off the WL. How many email notifications did you receive from Hastings before being admitted?

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ensign85 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm

inlays85 wrote:
ensign85 wrote:So they really do admit all the way into orientation. Still holding on! Has anyone seen any movement from the waitlist?


I have not seen any movement. Nevertheless, I still have hope. At least two people in this forum indicated that they dropped. I also believe there was another one on LSN. So who knows. Best of luck!

Question for all the people recently admitted off the WL. How many email notifications did you receive from Hastings before being admitted?


We'll see what happens. I was accepted off a waitlist 2 days before orientation, so anything is possible!

inlays85
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby inlays85 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:07 am

ensign85 wrote:
inlays85 wrote:
ensign85 wrote:So they really do admit all the way into orientation. Still holding on! Has anyone seen any movement from the waitlist?


I have not seen any movement. Nevertheless, I still have hope. At least two people in this forum indicated that they dropped. I also believe there was another one on LSN. So who knows. Best of luck!

Question for all the people recently admitted off the WL. How many email notifications did you receive from Hastings before being admitted?


We'll see what happens. I was accepted off a waitlist 2 days before orientation, so anything is possible!


Wow, that gives me hope. What school was that?

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ensign85 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:44 pm

inlays85 wrote:
ensign85 wrote:
inlays85 wrote:
ensign85 wrote:So they really do admit all the way into orientation. Still holding on! Has anyone seen any movement from the waitlist?


I have not seen any movement. Nevertheless, I still have hope. At least two people in this forum indicated that they dropped. I also believe there was another one on LSN. So who knows. Best of luck!

Question for all the people recently admitted off the WL. How many email notifications did you receive from Hastings before being admitted?


We'll see what happens. I was accepted off a waitlist 2 days before orientation, so anything is possible!


Wow, that gives me hope. What school was that?


Southwestern. I'm riding this one out and if I don't get in, it's the 2011/2012 cycle for me.

inlays85
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby inlays85 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Tick tock... the end the of the cycle draws near. How many people are going to ride this one out? I know I will.

hijodehombre
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby hijodehombre » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:39 pm

inlays85 wrote:Tick tock... the end the of the cycle draws near. How many people are going to ride this one out? I know I will.


+1

Although I realize my chances are miniscule at this point.

MalachiConstant
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby MalachiConstant » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:43 am

inlays85 wrote:Tick tock... the end the of the cycle draws near. How many people are going to ride this one out? I know I will.


I was let in a few weeks ago and, even with that, moving up here was rushed. Do you think you would even be ready to start school in a matter of days (assuming you would miss orientation)?

inlays85
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby inlays85 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:45 am

MalachiConstant wrote:
inlays85 wrote:Tick tock... the end the of the cycle draws near. How many people are going to ride this one out? I know I will.


I was let in a few weeks ago and, even with that, moving up here was rushed. Do you think you would even be ready to start school in a matter of days (assuming you would miss orientation)?


As much as I doubt orientation would unlock my success in law school, yes I would move out in a heart beat. I was ready when I applied months ago.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Lasers » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 pm

from what i've heard and read, orientation is useless besides meeting some new people and acclimating to the campus.

inlays85
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby inlays85 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:51 pm

And that's all folks. Congrats to everyone who got in. I guess it is next cycle for me. Just got the email.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby ilovesf » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:45 am

for the 2Ls and 3Ls that read this thread and are interested, our class size is 420.. ha. so much for trying to reduce our class size.

Mike088
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Mike088 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:30 am

awesome ppl so far i think i'm going to love hastings

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby Borhas » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:41 am

ilovesf wrote:for the 2Ls and 3Ls that read this thread and are interested, our class size is 420.. ha. so much for trying to reduce our class size.


that sucks :x




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cyclawps, DoYouEvenTLS, hamburg, jer0689, Keilz, Leliana, lillawyer2, sonyco, TecumsehSherman, texteach, unrelated, Yahoo [Bot] and 34 guests