UC Hastings 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
strokes4ever

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Postby strokes4ever » Tue May 10, 2011 2:41 am

OklahomasOK wrote:Received an e-mail asking if I wanted to remain on the WL. Yes plz!

Glad Hastings didn't lose my file.

same! anyone know if this was sent out to all waitlisted candidates?

Postby 071816 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:52 am

strokes4ever wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:Received an e-mail asking if I wanted to remain on the WL. Yes plz!

No it wasn't. You would've known that If you read the previous page of this thread :P

thedumbwaiter

Postby thedumbwaiter » Tue May 10, 2011 3:00 am

I was accepted off the waitlist last night! I told them they could contact me by email instead of phoning if they wanted because I'm currently living abroad with an international number/ different timezone and they did. Six months after I applied I finally heard good news. I. am. so. excited.

strokes4ever

Postby strokes4ever » Tue May 10, 2011 3:10 am

chimp wrote:
strokes4ever wrote:

No it wasn't. You would've known that If you read the previous page of this thread :P

congrats to previous poster!

and yeah, thanks for answering nonetheless. final papers and exams = always in a rush between the library.

orachelo

Postby orachelo » Tue May 10, 2011 3:32 am

thedumbwaiter wrote:I was accepted off the waitlist last night! I told them they could contact me by email instead of phoning if they wanted because I'm currently living abroad with an international number/ different timezone and they did. Six months after I applied I finally heard good news. I. am. so. excited.

Congrats!!! How much time did Hastings give to make your deposit? I'm seriously praying to get an email from them...

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 10, 2011 4:35 am

thedumbwaiter wrote:I was accepted off the waitlist last night! I told them they could contact me by email instead of phoning if they wanted because I'm currently living abroad with an international number/ different timezone and they did. Six months after I applied I finally heard good news. I. am. so. excited.

Congrats! :)

thedumbwaiter

Postby thedumbwaiter » Tue May 10, 2011 6:46 am

orachelo wrote:

Congrats!!! How much time did Hastings give to make your deposit? I'm seriously praying to get an email from them...

I have until Friday at 4pm to deposit. So I guess they gave me four days. I'll definitely be depositing tomorrow once my final exam of undergrad is out of the way. I hope you all get in, then we could all be scared 1Ls together!

Thanks for the congratulations you guys, I can't remember ever being this excited!

thedumbwaiter

Postby thedumbwaiter » Tue May 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Correction about how long they give you to deposit after they offer you a place: just got an email saying I actually had until 4pm on the 16th to deposit. So I guess they typically give people a week to decide. :)

Postby 071816 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:40 pm

thedumbwaiter wrote:Correction about how long they give you to deposit after they offer you a place: just got an email saying I actually had until 4pm on the 16th to deposit. So I guess they typically give people a week to decide. :)

Good to know.

MST3K

Postby MST3K » Tue May 10, 2011 4:39 pm

thedumbwaiter wrote:Correction about how long they give you to deposit after they offer you a place: just got an email saying I actually had until 4pm on the 16th to deposit. So I guess they typically give people a week to decide. :)

I was called on the 5th and had to deposit by 4pm on the 9th, so I only had four days.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Tue May 10, 2011 6:17 pm

spoke to some people at admissions over the phone the other day, really not digging the attitudes. my only hesitation with hastings is the large public school factor.

strokes4ever

Postby strokes4ever » Tue May 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Also got a call this afternoon!! Had a wonderful conversation with Dean Canada. Waitlisted late February.

Have till this Friday to decide.

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 pm

I missed a phone call :(

It wasn't Dean Canada but rather another admissions officer.

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Wed May 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Follow up phonecall this morning...

IN!!! Finally cracked the top 50 and it was the school I wanted all along. I am ecstatic! Finally, some california love.

thedumbwaiter

Postby thedumbwaiter » Wed May 11, 2011 2:32 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:Follow up phonecall this morning...

IN!!! Finally cracked the top 50 and it was the school I wanted all along. I am ecstatic! Finally, some california love.

Hooray! Well done to you and Strokes4ever!

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 11, 2011 6:17 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:Follow up phonecall this morning...

Congrats!!

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Wed May 11, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm very excited, but also worried about the debt. I have a ton of hoops to jump through if I want to go to Hastings. It's going to be a big change from the Oklahoma/Texas part of the country I've known my entire life. I'll be back later with living situation questions after I comb through this thread for a while...

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Wed May 11, 2011 7:32 pm

I got the email from Dean Canada two days ago as well, responded immediately and haven’t heard anything… I very literally followed the instructions in the email, just listing the info and not actually writing out that I wanted to be considered. Was that bad? I know Hastings loves following instructions and hates additional info so I was trying to do what they like but the waiting is killing me…..

uhhhh

Postby uhhhh » Wed May 11, 2011 8:20 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:I got the email from Dean Canada two days ago as well, responded immediately and haven’t heard anything… I very literally followed the instructions in the email, just listing the info and not actually writing out that I wanted to be considered. Was that bad? I know Hastings loves following instructions and hates additional info so I was trying to do what they like but the waiting is killing me…..

Just got the email and did the same as you, no additional info added. Time to wait I 'spose, would be really shit if I didn't get accepted. Would probably mean that I wouldn't get into my other waitlisted schools since they are higher ranked.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Wed May 11, 2011 9:38 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:I got the email from Dean Canada two days ago as well, responded immediately and haven’t heard anything… I very literally followed the instructions in the email, just listing the info and not actually writing out that I wanted to be considered. Was that bad? I know Hastings loves following instructions and hates additional info so I was trying to do what they like but the waiting is killing me…..

From my (limited) knowledge of Hastings, I would think you did the right thing by just giving them what they asked for. Wait till the end of the week before you freak out! They are probably just narrowing things down based on who all responded to that e-mail. Good luck, chica!

TIMEATELL

Postby TIMEATELL » Thu May 12, 2011 1:20 am

At this point, if Hastings is your #1 choice, you should definitely let them know. Further, it wouldn't hurt to follow-up every week (like every Monday, but no more than once a week) to reiterate your commitment to ATTEND if admitted. This is a big deal as they oftentimes have no clue if their law school is the wait-listed applicant's #1 choice or if the applicant is still considering their law school at all. Make it easy for them. Just keep all communication concise and to the point with no b.s.

TIME

restless

Postby restless » Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

I also received the waitlist enquiry e-mail yesterday and I replied immediately. My response was something along the lines of "If accepted, I would definitely choose to attend" and the information they required. I could hardly sleep last night! But I decided to try and not freak out until Monday if I haven't been called yet... :?

lawyered2014

Postby lawyered2014 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:24 pm

I didn't get an email? :(

uhhhh

Postby uhhhh » Thu May 12, 2011 2:19 pm

TIMEATELL wrote:

At this point, if Hastings is your #1 choice, you should definitely let them know. Further, it wouldn't hurt to follow-up every week (like every Monday, but no more than once a week) to reiterate your commitment to ATTEND if admitted. This is a big deal as they oftentimes have no clue if their law school is the wait-listed applicant's #1 choice or if the applicant is still considering their law school at all. Make it easy for them. Just keep all communication concise and to the point with no b.s.

TIME

Some schools (like UCLA) specifically ask you to say if they are your top choice or not, but I'm not sure if contacting them every week to let them know is such a good idea. I'm sure they expect that students are going to say the school is their top choice regardless of whether it is or not and just ignore those statements.

lawyered2014

Postby lawyered2014 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:23 pm

uhhhh wrote:
TIMEATELL wrote:

TIME

Some schools (like UCLA) specifically ask you to say if they are your top choice or not, but I'm not sure if contacting them every week to let them know is such a good idea. I'm sure they expect that students are going to say the school is their top choice regardless of whether it is or not and just ignore those statements.

I agree -I wouldn't contact them weekly. Hastings doesn't appear to want any contact with you unless they initiate it... at least that was the impression I got from there waitlist FAQ ...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”