UC Hastings 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wokeemilo

New

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Post by wokeemilo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:50 pm

not sure how hard it is to get off the waitlist, but they do have a pretty huge class (around 400 or so?). that might increase your chances, hopefully.

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 pm

WL.

This one hurts, really hurts. I'm debating even going to law school at this point, I wanted Hastings more than anything else.

am0rfati

New

Post by am0rfati » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:WL.

This one hurts, really hurts. I'm debating even going to law school at this point, I wanted Hastings more than anything else.
Really sorry :(

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:WL.

Sorry.. that sucks :( That is kind of how I feel. I REALLY want Hastings, but I haven't heard back yet. At least you can write a LOCI and keep trying!

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm

this thread is so depressing right now

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.
Congrats! I hope there are more acceptances to come soon!

LttleBlakDress

Bronze

Post by LttleBlakDress » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Oh my god. I am afraid now that I didn't get a WL b/c I should expect a rejection with my terrible gpa. If I don't get into Hastings, I'm thinking seriously about taking another year off and trying to come up with something to improve my app. I am less and less willing to leave SF for law school.... Panic attack.

Also for those of you waitlisted, my friend got in off the waitlist last June(ish,) I'll ask her what she did to get off it.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:37 pm

crit_racer wrote:this thread is so depressing right now
For reals. I walked by Hastings today and looked at it longingly. Then I went to Saigon Sandwich and felt A LOT better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 pm

ilovesf wrote:
nematoad wrote:just got in via voicemail. pretty stoked. got love for u WLers, i was dinged last year myself.
Congrats! I hope there are more acceptances to come soon!
thank you! just an fyi, i applied on the first day apps opened. 10/1. so a wait isnt necessarily a bad thing

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Oh my god. I am afraid now that I didn't get a WL b/c I should expect a rejection with my terrible gpa. If I don't get into Hastings, I'm thinking seriously about taking another year off and trying to come up with something to improve my app. I am less and less willing to leave SF for law school.... Panic attack.

Also for those of you waitlisted, my friend got in off the waitlist last June(ish,) I'll ask her what she did to get off it.
It looks like though from your profile that you got into much better schools. It would be really weird if you were accepted to WUSTL and not Hastings. I love Hastings, but it isn't as good as some of your other options. But then again.. SF owns other cities.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:40 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Oh my god. I am afraid now that I didn't get a WL b/c I should expect a rejection with my terrible gpa. If I don't get into Hastings, I'm thinking seriously about taking another year off and trying to come up with something to improve my app. I am less and less willing to leave SF for law school.... Panic attack.

Any advice from your friend would be appreciated. btw, i have same LSAT as you and .3 higher GPA, but who knows. Maybe Dean Canada will take mercy on your app.

LttleBlakDress

Bronze

Post by LttleBlakDress » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:42 pm

ilovesf wrote:

It looks like though from your profile that you got into much better schools. It would be really weird if you were accepted to WUSTL and not Hastings. I love Hastings, but it isn't as good as some of your other options. But then again.. SF owns other cities.
Yeah but the idea of leaving SF like I did for UG makes me actually start weeping (in places like my office...) I thought I could handle it when I applied but it is going to be realllllly hard for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

samilabuena

New

Post by samilabuena » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44 pm

+1! Congrats to us!

DreamsInDigital

Bronze

Post by DreamsInDigital » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:47 pm

samilabuena wrote:
+1! Congrats to us!
Just got the call about an hour ago. Super excited.

It is going to take a decent financial aid offer for them to win me over after Illinois offered me a ton of money, but I would LOVE to stay in Cali and check out san fran. Lets see what happens.

samilabuena

New

Post by samilabuena » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:
samilabuena wrote:
+1! Congrats to us!

It is going to take a decent financial aid offer for them to win me over after Illinois offered me a ton of money, but I would LOVE to stay in Cali and check out san fran. Lets see what happens.
I feel the same way about Tulane. They've really stepped up their game recently. It's going to take some wooing to get me out to SF, but I would LOVE to live there.

ejeric

New

Post by ejeric » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 am

in by phone call earlier today too. no scholarship info though. does that come later?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DreamsInDigital

Bronze

Post by DreamsInDigital » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:49 am

ejeric wrote:in by phone call earlier today too. no scholarship info though. does that come later?
i tried to be sly and ask about it, didn't get much of a response as to how much is possible but did get some sort of time line. she told me to be sure to submit fafsa and their addendum asap; early march for ec, mid to late march for regular decision.

DreamsInDigital

Bronze

Post by DreamsInDigital » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:50 am

samilabuena wrote:
DreamsInDigital wrote:
samilabuena wrote:
+1! Congrats to us!

I feel the same way about Tulane. They've really stepped up their game recently. It's going to take some wooing to get me out to SF, but I would LOVE to live there.
lets make them want us so much they start throwing money our way. any idea how to do that?

jcbwrnc

New

Post by jcbwrnc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:32 am

Well, if the housing board never sends us an email, we should make our own! I don't think I will apply for McAllister housing, but I am going to check it out tomorrow.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:52 am

jcbwrnc wrote:Well, if the housing board never sends us an email, we should make our own! I don't think I will apply for McAllister housing, but I am going to check it out tomorrow.
please report back with your thoughts!

i'm strongly considering living at the tower first year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

molomloch

New

Post by molomloch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 am

I got WL'd with a 169 and a 4.0... :oops:

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 am

molomloch wrote:I got WL'd with a 169 and a 4.0... :oops:
Either you had C&F issues or, more likely, they know you are going somewhere else and you got YP'ed. Hastings is not THAT good

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Any word on travel funds and the amount thereof?

jspri

New

Post by jspri » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:05 pm

samilabuena wrote:
+1! Congrats to us!

Hastings has been showing the GW kids some love! You're the 4th G-dub undergrad I know that got in this cycle

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”