UC Hastings 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SFnative

Bronze

Re: UC Hastings 2011

Post by SFnative » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:26 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
SFnative wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:Another long, slow walk to the mailbox; still no word. Whew!
This Friday, its gonna happen....
Is that just pure speculation (and a little bit of wishful thinking)? Or do you have some sort of insider information?
The "paper-ball into the trash can" shot has spoken....

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:28 pm

SFnative wrote:
KiraMarie wrote:
SFnative wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:Another long, slow walk to the mailbox; still no word. Whew!
This Friday, its gonna happen....
Is that just pure speculation (and a little bit of wishful thinking)? Or do you have some sort of insider information?
The "paper-ball into the trash can" shot has spoken....
Works for me!!

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:29 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:I'm hoping to make it past 5/1 seat deposits. Then I'll start believing I just might have a shot at getting in. I'm lucky to have made it this far.
So you are under the impression that if we were denies, we would have been denied by now? I like that way of thinking!

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:38 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:I'm hoping to make it past 5/1 seat deposits. Then I'll start believing I just might have a shot at getting in. I'm lucky to have made it this far.
So you are under the impression that if we were denies, we would have been denied by now? I like that way of thinking!
Well, we have to be optimistic!

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Someone on LSN reported a rejection on 4/14; now I really want to avoid the mailbox. :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:52 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Someone on LSN reported a rejection on 4/14; now I really want to avoid the mailbox. :|
Might sound dumb, but what is LSN?

ensign85

Bronze

Post by ensign85 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:Someone on LSN reported a rejection on 4/14; now I really want to avoid the mailbox. :|
Might sound dumb, but what is LSN?
Lawschoolnumbers.com

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Whew!! No mail today. This is getting more interesting by the day.

Mike088

Bronze

Post by Mike088 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:00 pm

I received my financial aid reward email. Does the Hastings grant carry over from year to year?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

avery87

New

Post by avery87 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Waitlisted today by email. Most likely won't be in SF in the fall.

lucield

New

Post by lucield » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:03 am

WL'd yesterday by email. I wonder what the odds of getting in off WL are this late in the game....

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:43 am

lucield wrote:WL'd yesterday by email. I wonder what the odds of getting in off WL are this late in the game....
Last year's thread showed WL's receiving offers as late as June, so don't give up hope.

verbalizing

New

Post by verbalizing » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:08 pm

I just want to know in general what my decision is.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:42 pm

probably putting my deposit down in the next two days.

it's too bad i haven't gotten an e-mail reply about any remaining merit aid.

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Lasers wrote:probably putting my deposit down in the next two days.

Good luck!! What is the seat deposit deadline?

lucield

New

Post by lucield » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
lucield wrote:WL'd yesterday by email. I wonder what the odds of getting in off WL are this late in the game....
Last year's thread showed WL's receiving offers as late as June, so don't give up hope.
I hope so! My sister just got into Berkeley undergrad so my desire to go to UC Hastings just shot up a bit.

It's really annoying how Hastings doesn't accept LOIC, I tried emailing one but they replied saying they don't accept it -_-

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:29 am

ProfitsProphets wrote:

5/1 seat deposit for everyone i think?

i've been sitting on this acceptance for a couple months now...think i'll finally put a deposit down tomorrow, despite not hearing back about scholly money.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Declined my offer. Hopefully it means a seat for one of you guys. Best of luck!

sinkorswm

New

Post by sinkorswm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:06 pm

rebelx13 wrote:for those getting the 10k scholly... have you applied/negotiated for an increased amount of aid/schollys previously? i just sent an email today and while i'm not expecting a response asap, i wanted to know if requesting the funds in advance would have any bearing on the funds "currently available."
+1

Wondering if I should send an inquiry...will it help or hurt my chances? No idea...

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 pm

I asked this question earlier and didn't get a reply, and I really want to know the answer, so I will ask again.

Does UC Hastings release admission decisions in batches like other colleges? Or do they sort of trickle out as they are made?

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:14 pm

KiraMarie wrote:I asked this question earlier and didn't get a reply, and I really want to know the answer, so I will ask again.

Does UC Hastings release admission decisions in batches like other colleges? Or do they sort of trickle out as they are made?
Not sure. Seems like a slow trickle now to me.

Also, to those that got scholly money, did you guys put down a deposit yet? Im wondering if I should hold off on putting the deposit down for a few more day if that might affect my chances.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lucky277

New

Post by lucky277 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Lasers wrote:
KiraMarie wrote:I asked this question earlier and didn't get a reply, and I really want to know the answer, so I will ask again.

Not sure. Seems like a slow trickle now to me.

Also, to those that got scholly money, did you guys put down a deposit yet? Im wondering if I should hold off on putting the deposit down for a few more day if that might affect my chances.
Lasers, I put my deposit down last week after I received my scholarship notice. As for your earlier question, I did try and negotiate earlier but was told that they wouldn't know about the availability of money until after April 11th. I heard April 12th. My guess is that it'll be easier to negotiate now than it was before, but you could still find out about money as late as summer. You don't need to put down a deposit until May so it might be worth waiting and/or following up on an earlier inquiry or negotiation just in case there's money available?

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 pm

If you follow trends, decisions have been coming out in droves since the first week of January. As the numbers indicate, Hastings offers about 1400 people admission annually, which, obviously, most applicants will not accept their offer. I imagine that Hastings has to sit and wait, like we are, for the 5/1 seat deposit deadline to pass so they can gain an idea of how many seats are actually vacant. Plus, most schools share the same deadline, so either people contact the school and accept their offer, or Hastings contacts these applicants asking if they are going to attend. So, I believe 5/1 is the magic date for many of us still waiting to find out our fate.

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Lasers wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:

5/1 seat deposit for everyone i think?

i've been sitting on this acceptance for a couple months now...think i'll finally put a deposit down tomorrow, despite not hearing back about scholly money.
In following this thread, I believe Hastings is not too generous of the scholly front. However, a lot of money may be freed up after the 5/1 seat deposit deadline passes, but I can't offer an opinion about how Hastings reallocates funds.

amissionsix

New

Post by amissionsix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Putting down your seat deposit doesn't necessarily preclude you from getting additional scholarship money. You may just have to ask nicely and/or have a compelling reason for doing so.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”