U. of Chicago ED 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
trudat15

Silver

Re: U. of Chicago ED 2011

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:38 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:Do you know how long they called people last year for ED?
In terms of phone calls, I have no clue. But I do think last year they started much earlier (I remember some PST people getting calls at 10am or so).

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Im guessing no one else has heard anything...makes me think its over :?:

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Agreed. Sigh.

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Was really hoping/looking forward to not having to worry about admissions anywhere anymore too.

oronic

New

Post by oronic » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:59 pm

How many ED's cd there be? Maybe taking them a couple of hours to make the calls.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 pm

While the optimism is great, U of C has a small class size and the succession in which people posted that they got in leads me to believe that the phone calls went out rather quickly.

Here's to the lower half of the t-14!!!

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:03 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:Was really hoping/looking forward to not having to worry about admissions anywhere anymore too.
I cant believe you havent heard. Same LSAT, though I took twice, and you have a higher GPA.

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:06 pm

trudat15 wrote:
BeachedBrit wrote:Was really hoping/looking forward to not having to worry about admissions anywhere anymore too.
I cant believe you havent heard. Same LSAT, though I took twice, and you have a higher GPA.
Surprised here too, maybe I pissed them off when I tried to email in my fall grades last thursday? They said they couldn't consider it.

I think this will make me the first person with our numbers to have not got in :( , past years included. I know there wasn't any serious error in my application as I got in at UT while everyone else OOS/RD with my numbers got denied.

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:09 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Surprised here too, maybe I pissed them off when I tried to email in my fall grades last thursday? They said they couldn't consider it.

I think this will make me the first person with our numbers to have not got in :( , past years included.
If you really dont, I think so too. I'm well out of UG (though I dont know about the others) so maybe they're holding out for official fall grades? Or something. Confused.
Best of luck though rest of cycle and in hearing back from Chicago.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:11 pm

When will I be informed of my WL/rejection?

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:14 pm

"Finished with ED calls for today. Remaining ED decisions will be released over the next two weeks. All EDs notified by end of the month."

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:16 pm

And that means not in, right?

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:17 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:And that means not in, right?
If tradition holds, yep. Sounds like it will too. Anyone know if anyone got in from the WL last year?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:19 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:
lawyerwannabe wrote:And that means not in, right?
If tradition holds, yep. Sounds like it will too. Anyone know if anyone got in from the WL last year?
Someone PMed me over the summer that they got in off the WL - same numbers as us - he/she was telling me to ED because WL wasnt so fun. But he/she got in and got 15k.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:19 pm

That's unfortunate.

You definitely got the short end of the stick more than myself.

168/3.9+ was a long shot for me to begin with so I am not all that surprised that I did not receive a call today.

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Jealous of that GPA though. No thought of a retake on the LSAT?

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sojuteacher

Bronze

Post by sojuteacher » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:46 pm

In at Chicago!!! This is the happiest moment of my life. This is a lifelong dream. I am crying tears of joy. 169/3.8 -- that legacy gave me the necessary bump out there.

So I woke up at 630am (in Korea) to get a drink of water - checked the email, nothing from my mom who was checking my phone stateside -- so I was pretty bummed. Couldn't fall back asleep - just checked 10 minutes ago.

Skyping my mom now -- she said they called but didn't say why, and that the nice lady on the phone was sending me an email -- so she thought i'd find out that way. I love my mom -- if she only knew how neurotic I've been about this!!!

See you all in the fall -- and for those who haven't heard yet -- I'm rooting for ya! I love TLS!!! Special thanks to philly for the supporting words on a different thread a while back :)

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Congrats you guys, I think you made a great choice with UChi. See you next year!

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Emma. wrote:Congrats you guys, I think you made a great choice with UChi. See you next year!
+1 You'll love U of C.

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:20 pm

sojuteacher wrote:In at Chicago!!! This is the happiest moment of my life. This is a lifelong dream. I am crying tears of joy. 169/3.8 -- that legacy gave me the necessary bump out there.

So I woke up at 630am (in Korea) to get a drink of water - checked the email, nothing from my mom who was checking my phone stateside -- so I was pretty bummed. Couldn't fall back asleep - just checked 10 minutes ago.

Skyping my mom now -- she said they called but didn't say why, and that the nice lady on the phone was sending me an email -- so she thought i'd find out that way. I love my mom -- if she only knew how neurotic I've been about this!!!

See you all in the fall -- and for those who haven't heard yet -- I'm rooting for ya! I love TLS!!! Special thanks to philly for the supporting words on a different thread a while back :)
Congrats Soj. I'm going to want to take part of your soju class at ASW.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sojuteacher

Bronze

Post by sojuteacher » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:56 am

trudat15 wrote:
sojuteacher wrote:In at Chicago!!! This is the happiest moment of my life. This is a lifelong dream. I am crying tears of joy. 169/3.8 -- that legacy gave me the necessary bump out there.

Congrats Soj. I'm going to want to take part of your soju class at ASW.
Thanks! I'm so excited, and soju class is in order. First lesson - North Korean Soju is far superior than South Korean. I'll have to head up to the DMZ before I come back to the states and stock up.

Can't wait till the fall and to meet my new classmates!

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:33 am

Congrats guys! Just to clarify, all of the ED acceptances were on the 1st day last year correct?

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:11 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:Congrats guys! Just to clarify, all of the ED acceptances were on the 1st day last year correct?
Unfortunately yes : http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... =3&type=jd

But one person that has our numbers didnt update his timeline. Very few rejections, and everyone else was WL. But that doesnt mean theyre doing it the same this year. We thought Friday was the day because of last two years of LSN data.

Good luck man. Hope you get some good news soon.

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Just a heads up, usually when UChi's twitter says "that's the rest of the calls the other decisions will be sent later" means that only WLs/dings are ahead.

HOWEVER, last year, they made a bunch of calls one day (on a Friday in December, I remember it like it was yesterday). And everyone on TLS posted about their calls (and I would've been in that batch due to my dates). Over the weekend I got more and more bitter and I went on a random rant on TLS about how much I wanted to attend Chicago and how it was one of my top choices (I made a scholarship gamble rather than EDing) and how upset I was. Note: It was extremely late on a Saturday when I did that. Fill in the blanks yourself. :P Then, on Monday, a Christmas miracle happened. I get a random phone call during the day announcing my acceptance. I was the only person on TLS to get a call that posted, and I don't know exactly what happened that enabled me to get that call. Maybe it was my TLS rant (everybody wave to Ms. Perry because I guarantee she's reading this), maybe they just had leftover calls. But nevertheless, don't give up hope. Like Kevin Garnett said, ANYTHING IS POSSSSSSSSIBLE!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”