Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:15 pm

i still can't open the pdf file.....

i'm assuming i'm a ding as well, considering that's what everyone else got right now....

this reeeeally stinks.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:15 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:i still can't open the pdf file.....

i'm assuming i'm a ding as well, considering that's what everyone else got right now....

this reeeeally stinks.


That sounds horrible, sorry dude(tte)! :(

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 pm

awilson11 wrote:If you like Jack, stick with bourbon and drink Makers


Makers and Cranberry Juice = bomb.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm

[quote="thelaststraw05]
You had much scotch? If you like Jack and Hennessey, I'd love to introduce you to my friends Laphroaig and Lagavulin.[/quote]

Will look into it. Thanks for the tip.
Last edited by Ratchet Jackson on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Dinged by Mail from Loyola Chicago today and five minutes later got the Ding email from Northwestern too :-(

Obviously Chicago does not want me - but I hate cold anyways. I guess equally cold Wisconsin - Madison will be my consolation prize... sigh !!!

GL to the rest of you guys waiting.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:i still can't open the pdf file.....

i'm assuming i'm a ding as well, considering that's what everyone else got right now....

this reeeeally stinks.


not to cement it further, but the accept email does say congratulations in the email and doesn't make you go to the pdf to see your decision. =/

Sorry to those who got dinged today. Just remember how friggin' cold it is there.

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:22 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:i still can't open the pdf file.....

i'm assuming i'm a ding as well, considering that's what everyone else got right now....

this reeeeally stinks.


not to cement it further, but the accept email does say congratulations in the email and doesn't make you go to the pdf to see your decision. =/

Sorry to those who got dinged today. Just remember how friggin' cold it is there.


haha... good to know.

or, rather, not good...

talkingdonkey
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby talkingdonkey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:23 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:i still can't open the pdf file.....

i'm assuming i'm a ding as well, considering that's what everyone else got right now....

this reeeeally stinks.


not to cement it further, but the accept email does say congratulations in the email and doesn't make you go to the pdf to see your decision. =/

Sorry to those who got dinged today. Just remember how friggin' cold it is there.


Yep. You'll get a "Congratulations from Northwestern Law" email before the cryptic check-your-status email.

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:26 pm

talkingdonkey wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:i still can't open the pdf file.....

i'm assuming i'm a ding as well, considering that's what everyone else got right now....

this reeeeally stinks.


not to cement it further, but the accept email does say congratulations in the email and doesn't make you go to the pdf to see your decision. =/

Sorry to those who got dinged today. Just remember how friggin' cold it is there.


Yep. You'll get a "Congratulations from Northwestern Law" email before the cryptic check-your-status email.


Earlier post suggests that sometimes the status check email comes first? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136233&start=707

talkingdonkey
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby talkingdonkey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 pm

dcwumpus wrote:
talkingdonkey wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:i still can't open the pdf file.....

i'm assuming i'm a ding as well, considering that's what everyone else got right now....

this reeeeally stinks.


not to cement it further, but the accept email does say congratulations in the email and doesn't make you go to the pdf to see your decision. =/

Sorry to those who got dinged today. Just remember how friggin' cold it is there.


Yep. You'll get a "Congratulations from Northwestern Law" email before the cryptic check-your-status email.


Earlier post suggests that sometimes the status check email comes first? http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=707


Weird. Mine went in almost the reverse order. Don't lose hope, then!

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:36 pm

wow... looks like i'm not getting any sleep tonight.

i'm just assuming for now that it's a ding. still unclear, but it looks like people mostly got congratulatory e-mails. also, i would be extremely surprised if i were the only one to get in today.

keeping my hopes up will only make things worse.

ah well! good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:52 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:wow... looks like i'm not getting any sleep tonight.

i'm just assuming for now that it's a ding. still unclear, but it looks like people mostly got congratulatory e-mails. also, i would be extremely surprised if i were the only one to get in today.

keeping my hopes up will only make things worse.

ah well! good luck to everyone else!


You need to get to another computer ASAP.

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:02 pm

RJ127 wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:wow... looks like i'm not getting any sleep tonight.

i'm just assuming for now that it's a ding. still unclear, but it looks like people mostly got congratulatory e-mails. also, i would be extremely surprised if i were the only one to get in today.

keeping my hopes up will only make things worse.

ah well! good luck to everyone else!


You need to get to another computer ASAP.


i've already tried on three different computers...

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby mr_toad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:03 pm

What happens when you try to open it?

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby mr_toad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:04 pm

I had a mac that auto-saved pdfs as .aspx files. If you rename it with a .pdf at the end, it'll work. Sometimes it's just something stupid. Or they might not have uploaded it yet (facepalm).

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:06 pm

Try Foxit PDF reader if adobe is causing problems.

Also, I think I remember someone who was accepted ED in this thread having the same problem. *The guy with the cartoon strongman tar

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:14 pm

mr_toad wrote:What happens when you try to open it?


I get this error message in Adobe:

"Adobe Reader could not open 'NLawDecisionLetter.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

The file size is 559 KB. I've downloaded it 10 times on 3 different machines (including a Mac), and get the same message every time...

At this point, I'm able to laugh about it.

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 pm

ArchRoark wrote:Try Foxit PDF reader if adobe is causing problems.

Also, I think I remember someone who was accepted ED in this thread having the same problem. *The guy with the cartoon strongman tar


Downloaded Foxit and tried to open it. Got the following message:

format error: not a PDF or corrupted.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:20 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:Try Foxit PDF reader if adobe is causing problems.

Also, I think I remember someone who was accepted ED in this thread having the same problem. *The guy with the cartoon strongman tar


Downloaded Foxit and tried to open it. Got the following message:

format error: not a PDF or corrupted.


Forward it to gmail and try and just "view it" (instead of dl'ing) in gmail?

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby mr_toad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Sucks. Sorry.

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:Try Foxit PDF reader if adobe is causing problems.

Also, I think I remember someone who was accepted ED in this thread having the same problem. *The guy with the cartoon strongman tar


Downloaded Foxit and tried to open it. Got the following message:

format error: not a PDF or corrupted.


Forward it to gmail and try and just "view it" (instead of dl'ing) in gmail?


Good idea, hadn't thought of that.

However... didn't work.

I made a mistake earlier though, it is not 559 KB, it is only 559 bytes. There's definitely something wrong with the file. I'll call admissions in the morning.

Thanks for all the suggestions! You'll definitely hear my (probably disappointing) results.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Definitely sounds like the file got corrupted. I would contact the admissions office tomorrow.

User avatar
Flustercluck
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Flustercluck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:50 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:I've really grown partial to Don Julio. If I had a choice, Jack Daniels or Hennessey would be my drinks. On the rocks or shots, don't really matter.


You had much scotch? If you like Jack and Hennessey, I'd love to introduce you to my friends Laphroaig and Lagavulin.

Gotta throw Talisker into the mix as well if you're talking scotch. Also, if you're talking Jack Daniels, Jim Beam Black Label is definitely worth a look.

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:00 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:Try Foxit PDF reader if adobe is causing problems.

Also, I think I remember someone who was accepted ED in this thread having the same problem. *The guy with the cartoon strongman tar


Downloaded Foxit and tried to open it. Got the following message:

format error: not a PDF or corrupted.


Forward it to gmail and try and just "view it" (instead of dl'ing) in gmail?


Good idea, hadn't thought of that.

However... didn't work.

I made a mistake earlier though, it is not 559 KB, it is only 559 bytes. There's definitely something wrong with the file. I'll call admissions in the morning.

Thanks for all the suggestions! You'll definitely hear my (probably disappointing) results.


Let them know you deserve an admit for your troubles. Good luck.

User avatar
09nlm
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby 09nlm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:26 am

Flustercluck wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:I've really grown partial to Don Julio. If I had a choice, Jack Daniels or Hennessey would be my drinks. On the rocks or shots, don't really matter.


You had much scotch? If you like Jack and Hennessey, I'd love to introduce you to my friends Laphroaig and Lagavulin.

Gotta throw Talisker into the mix as well if you're talking scotch. Also, if you're talking Jack Daniels, Jim Beam Black Label is definitely worth a look.


We BELONG at NU.

Observe: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/scotch/home.htm




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, Automotomayor, brinicolec, elcamino4, hwwong, Keilz, mccracal, tinafeyclone, Yitzhak26 and 19 guests