Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby ash8309 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:11 pm

I just heated up my lunch...and now just lost my appetite.

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Technically, my eight weeks is up next week. But a boy can dream, right?

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:14 pm

dcwumpus wrote:Technically, my eight weeks is up next week. But a boy can dream, right?


Mine is too, don't worry.

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:Technically, my eight weeks is up next week. But a boy can dream, right?


Mine is too, don't worry.


Did your complete date every change? Mine did not.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 pm

dcwumpus wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:Technically, my eight weeks is up next week. But a boy can dream, right?


Mine is too, don't worry.


Did your complete date every change? Mine did not.


Nope, mine went to complete and hasn't updated since. But I had a good interview and strong softs, so would be surprised if I get a ding.
Last edited by whathojeeves on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Mine's up next week too with no date change since I was complete in Nov... Eek!

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:22 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:Technically, my eight weeks is up next week. But a boy can dream, right?


Mine is too, don't worry.


Did your complete date every change? Mine did not.


Nope, mine went to complete and hasn't updated since. But I had a really really good interview, so would be surprised if I get a ding.


Very happy to hear that. Everything that does/doesn't happen to me I take as a horrible sign...

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:23 pm

dcwumpus wrote:
Very happy to hear that. Everything that does/doesn't happen to me I take as a horrible sign...


Come hang out on the Harvard thread for some real horror!

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 pm

krad wrote:Mine's up next week too with no date change since I was complete in Nov... Eek!


FWIW, a buddy of mine got dinged with a complete date after all of us.

Good luck!!!

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:29 pm

dcwumpus wrote:
krad wrote:Mine's up next week too with no date change since I was complete in Nov... Eek!


FWIW, a buddy of mine got dinged with a complete date after all of us.


I'm not sure if that is supposed to be a ray of sunshine or despair.

User avatar
MisterManager
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby MisterManager » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 pm

I just about had a heart attack getting a phone call from an unknown Chicago phone number about 15 minutes after that tweet. Of course I answered that call with a loud and cracked "Hello?" in the middle of the library. Unfortunately it was a prerecorded safety system test from my school, which was about when I realized that NU releases their decisions via email. Not my best moment.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:10 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:
krad wrote:Mine's up next week too with no date change since I was complete in Nov... Eek!


FWIW, a buddy of mine got dinged with a complete date after all of us.


I'm not sure if that is supposed to be a ray of sunshine or despair.

+1 ... i went complete 12/6 to 12/28 :?

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:14 pm

rs2004 wrote:though i'm expecting a ding...i'm glad that the NU thread is up and running so i dont have to visit the columbia thread with the crazy cat picture posts.

jman77
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby jman77 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Went complete 11/29 and no change since then. I choose to interpret that to mean that they only needed to take one look at my app to decide that they want me there.

:D

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby xtine » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm

tag! want to know when people start getting emails without having to refresh this page every 5 minutes. i'm unproductive enough at work lately....

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:24 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:
krad wrote:Mine's up next week too with no date change since I was complete in Nov... Eek!


FWIW, a buddy of mine got dinged with a complete date after all of us.


I'm not sure if that is supposed to be a ray of sunshine or despair.


It's just the insane ramblings of a nervous wreck.

I'm testing the strength of Gmail's servers right now.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm

dcwumpus wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
dcwumpus wrote:
krad wrote:Mine's up next week too with no date change since I was complete in Nov... Eek!


FWIW, a buddy of mine got dinged with a complete date after all of us.


I'm not sure if that is supposed to be a ray of sunshine or despair.


It's just the insane ramblings of a nervous wreck.

I'm testing the strength of Gmail's servers right now.


Your findings?

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm trusting gmail to push notification to my Mac mail app. I feel like refreshing gmail is a step into madness I'm not quite ready to make.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Hannibal wrote:I'm trusting gmail to push notification to my Mac mail app. I feel like refreshing gmail is a step into madness I'm not quite ready to make.


doesnt gmail refresh automatically? that is what i have found

czelede
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby czelede » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Wholeheartedly awaiting a WL email tomorrow (LORs didn't get attached and I had to cancel my interview). My 8 weeks is so completely up.

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:30 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
Your findings?


They can successfully handle upwards of 45,000 refreshes per minute from a single IP address.

User avatar
dcwumpus
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dcwumpus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Hannibal wrote:I'm trusting gmail to push notification to my Mac mail app. I feel like refreshing gmail is a step into madness I'm not quite ready to make.


Am I still insane if I know that what I'm doing is insane? I mean - it's fine to say yes.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

dcwumpus wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
Your findings?


They can successfully handle upwards of 45,000 refreshes per minute from a single IP address.


Not sure which I'm more impressed with, gmail's server or your F5 clicking abilities.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

czelede wrote:Wholeheartedly awaiting a WL email tomorrow (LORs didn't get attached and I had to cancel my interview). My 8 weeks is so completely up.


no one's 8 weeks is up...8 weeks started from 12/1. Here's to hoping!

czelede
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby czelede » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Gotti wrote:
czelede wrote:Wholeheartedly awaiting a WL email tomorrow (LORs didn't get attached and I had to cancel my interview). My 8 weeks is so completely up.


no one's 8 weeks is up...8 weeks started from 12/1. Here's to hoping!


Very good point. But my 8 weeks WOULD be up by next Wednesday and since it seems there's only movement on Fridays...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ErgoProxy, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], TheKingLives and 6 guests