Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Triple_Entendre
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:51 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Triple_Entendre » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Gotti wrote:oh forgot to mention...2nd complete date 12/28 (from 12/6) but i doubt it means anything



My status also changed from 12/1 to 12/28 and I know it wasn't the interview that caused the date to change because I had my interview in November and my interviewer sent his notes in a week before I even submitted my application. :wink: I hope it's means something good.

User avatar
awilson11
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby awilson11 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm

tag
submit 11/29 complete 11/30. no change in status. Guess I'll keep counting down the weeks til 8 have passed

mybrain
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby mybrain » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Mine was updated too.

submitted 11/16 and had off-campus interview 12/1

complete 12/6 and complete updated 1/3

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby homestyle28 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm predicting some action next week for you guys. The admissions committee was out for the holidays, it'll take em a week or so to get another batch together.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:54 pm

awilson11 wrote:tag
submit 11/29 complete 11/30. no change in status. Guess I'll keep counting down the weeks til 8 have passed


+1

can't wait for this thread to blow up.

ArghItsBlarg
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:46 am

Yeesh. My initial completion date was 11/15, but now it's changed to 12/3. The admissions office says that the original completion date is what will be used when determining whether I'll hear by the end of January. I was having visions of not finding out until June...

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby xtine » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 am

ArghItsBlarg wrote:Yeesh. My initial completion date was 11/15, but now it's changed to 12/3. The admissions office says that the original completion date is what will be used when determining whether I'll hear by the end of January. I was having visions of not finding out until June...


I'm guessing if you were complete by 12/1 you'd hear by the end of January? That'd be roughly 8 weeks.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 am

xtine wrote:
ArghItsBlarg wrote:Yeesh. My initial completion date was 11/15, but now it's changed to 12/3. The admissions office says that the original completion date is what will be used when determining whether I'll hear by the end of January. I was having visions of not finding out until June...


I'm guessing if you were complete by 12/1 you'd hear by the end of January? That'd be roughly 8 weeks.


Yep Jan 26. I'll hear by Jan 31 I guess...complete 12/6.

SO EXCITED!!! NU is very high on my list, even though I'm not a very strong candidate =\

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby gov » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm

According to the twitter, decisions will be coming out "very soon (not today)"

very soon (not today) RT @nathantmiller: @tweetsbyjohann rough idea when the next RD decisions will start coming out?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:43 pm

govorett wrote:According to the twitter, decisions will be coming out "very soon (not today)"

very soon (not today) RT @nathantmiller: @tweetsbyjohann rough idea when the next RD decisions will start coming out?


gahhhhhhh! bets on tomorrow??

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rbarcelo9 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:36 pm

How long after your interview does it usually take to go complete? I have my interview on Tuesday and was hoping to be complete and under review by the end of next week. I LOVE the city of Chicago;Northwestern and University of Chicago are at the top of my list.

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dddhhh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:How long after your interview does it usually take to go complete? I have my interview on Tuesday and was hoping to be complete and under review by the end of next week. I LOVE the city of Chicago;Northwestern and University of Chicago are at the top of my list.



Interviewed and Submitted Application 11/1
Received 11/3
Complete 11/8

User avatar
WhatSarahSaid
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:26 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:How long after your interview does it usually take to go complete? I have my interview on Tuesday and was hoping to be complete and under review by the end of next week. I LOVE the city of Chicago;Northwestern and University of Chicago are at the top of my list.


I think you're safe.

Submitted: 11/13
Interview: 11/22
Complete: 11/23

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm very interested to see about my outcome at NU since I did not interview... guess I'll find out by the end of the month!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:58 pm

STOOPPPP BUMPINNNNG THISSS THREAADDDD.

I have heart palpitations every time it comes up!! :)

User avatar
jackattack17
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby jackattack17 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:STOOPPPP BUMPINNNNG THISSS THREAADDDD.

I have heart palpitations every time it comes up!! :)


you just bumped it with that, fyi.

and in my response, i bumped it again

FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby FutureInLaw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Who else has two complete dates? I have one in late November and another in late December (after the last decisions went out). Just curious.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby jacketman03 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:How long after your interview does it usually take to go complete? I have my interview on Tuesday and was hoping to be complete and under review by the end of next week. I LOVE the city of Chicago;Northwestern and University of Chicago are at the top of my list.

I had my interview today around noon, and it was complete by 5pm.

supahstahxruv
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby supahstahxruv » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:30 pm

is there supposed to be movement on the status checker prior to acceptance/WL/rejection? mine hasnt moved at all since the interview was updated.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 pm

supahstahxruv wrote:is there supposed to be movement on the status checker prior to acceptance/WL/rejection? mine hasnt moved at all since the interview was updated.

Mine never updated till the official acceptance letter was posted on it, which was after I received my acceptance email.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:42 am

jackattack17 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:STOOPPPP BUMPINNNNG THISSS THREAADDDD.

I have heart palpitations every time it comes up!! :)


you just bumped it with that, fyi.

and in my response, i bumped it again


it was at the top already with mine!

supahstahxruv
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby supahstahxruv » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:18 am

ArchRoark wrote:
supahstahxruv wrote:is there supposed to be movement on the status checker prior to acceptance/WL/rejection? mine hasnt moved at all since the interview was updated.

Mine never updated till the official acceptance letter was posted on it, which was after I received my acceptance email.


thanks for the info! :)

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm

NU tweet from this morning

@nulawadmissions
NU Law Admissions
RT @tweetsbyjohann: Going to try to answer some FAQ's about Northwestern Law and LSAT this morning. Front desk seems a bit swamped.


tried looking for this on their website but haven't found anything. guess they haven't posted anything on it yet?

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby MillerTime » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 pm

rs2004 wrote:NU tweet from this morning

@nulawadmissions
NU Law Admissions
RT @tweetsbyjohann: Going to try to answer some FAQ's about Northwestern Law and LSAT this morning. Front desk seems a bit swamped.


tried looking for this on their website but haven't found anything. guess they haven't posted anything on it yet?


If you look at @tweetsbyjohann's twitter, he is answering basic LSAT questions. He's an assistant dean. The main nulawadmissions twitter was just retweeting his message.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:21 pm

evandm wrote:
rs2004 wrote:NU tweet from this morning

@nulawadmissions
NU Law Admissions
RT @tweetsbyjohann: Going to try to answer some FAQ's about Northwestern Law and LSAT this morning. Front desk seems a bit swamped.


tried looking for this on their website but haven't found anything. guess they haven't posted anything on it yet?


If you look at @tweetsbyjohann's twitter, he is answering basic LSAT questions. He's an assistant dean. The main nulawadmissions twitter was just retweeting his message.


ah okay, thought it would be something on the recent december lsats




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, ad34964n, Baby Gaga, BigBear, BrittanyJeream, dannyswo, Google Adsense [Bot], jjcorvino, jtawil, notsolawful, phelpsy, Solidfood and 37 guests