Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dddhhh

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dddhhh » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:56 pm

nulawadmissions: Our status check system should be operational now. Sorry for the outage and thanks for your patience!!
12 minutes ago
Retweeted by tweetsbyjohann

neonx

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:05 pm

I need closure. Please, NU?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Just FYI: Dug through last year's thread for Northwestern and saw that they started with fin aid notifications on March 11 (with the full rides for college seniors). Round 1 finished March 25th ish.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Just FYI: Dug through last year's thread for Northwestern and saw that they started with fin aid notifications on March 11 (with the full rides for college seniors). Round 1 finished March 25th ish.

yay! hoping to get a reward for those stupid essays I had to write :evil:

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:32 pm

tag

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:56 am

sarahlawg wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:Just FYI: Dug through last year's thread for Northwestern and saw that they started with fin aid notifications on March 11 (with the full rides for college seniors). Round 1 finished March 25th ish.

I think the should start on March 10th this year--ya know, improving on a yearly basis should be the goal. Like an athlete.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:22 am

tipler4213 wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:

I think the should start on March 10th this year--ya know, improving on a yearly basis should be the goal. Like an athlete.

I agree. Maybe we should all start a slow clap thing to get them going this year...

er doctor

Postby er doctor » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 am

.............clap...............

whitman

Postby whitman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:47 am

er doctor wrote:.............clap...............

..........clap...........

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:53 am

whitman wrote:

right now, I hope NU admissions comes around TLS, this would have to be hilarious in the office

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:09 pm

tweetsbyjohann on a self-imposed twitter-silence-- too many apps to get through (both admission and fin aid). no #tigerblood or #adonisDNA

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:13 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
whitman wrote:

right now, I hope NU admissions comes around TLS, this would have to be hilarious in the office

spece212

Postby spece212 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

I wonder if the status checker still works :-(

Went complete 1/19. So going to hit the 8 week deadline soon.

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:25 pm

How true is NU to the 8 week application turn around from complete? I submitted on 2/15 went complete on 2/17 so I'm wondering if it will be 8 weeks or longer.... anyone who has received a decision know anything?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

blacklawboss wrote:How true is NU to the 8 week application turn around from complete? I submitted on 2/15 went complete on 2/17 so I'm wondering if it will be 8 weeks or longer.... anyone who has received a decision know anything?

Mine was right around 8 weeks, but I got my app in early and was in the 2nd batch of decisions sent out. Plenty of people have gone waaaaay beyond the 8 weeks by as much as a month or more.

antonin

Postby antonin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I apologize if this has been asked before, but do we have much info what hold means for NU.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:07 pm

antonin wrote:I apologize if this has been asked before, but do we have much info what hold means for NU.

Read the letter they give you. Duh.

Hint: there's a link to an FAQ page in it.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:18 pm

I have several random questions:

I was placed on hold and was invited to submit additional materials. I never submitted LORs or CPEs the first time around and am now in the process of doing it. I see there is an electronic version of the CPE but there is no option/room for my recommender to type in it. Are the CPEs supposed to be handwritten? Also, the CPE form says the recommender should place the LOR with the CPE in a sealed letter. Is it really necessary to submit both? Can i have a recommender just write a LOR and not a CPE? also, can i ask LSAC to submit the letters since they have a couple of them on file or do i have to the recommender send it to NU, themselves. also, can they fax/email it or must it be mailed?

Thank you in advance!!

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 pm

bbermud wrote:I have several random questions:

I was placed on hold and was invited to submit additional materials. I never submitted LORs or CPEs the first time around and am now in the process of doing it. I see there is an electronic version of the CPE but there is no option/room for my recommender to type in it. Are the CPEs supposed to be handwritten? Also, the CPE form says the recommender should place the LOR with the CPE in a sealed letter. Is it really necessary to submit both? Can i have a recommender just write a LOR and not a CPE? also, can i ask LSAC to submit the letters since they have a couple of them on file or do i have to the recommender send it to NU, themselves. also, can they fax/email it or must it be mailed?

Thank you in advance!!

I'm kind of confused... why do people still submit the generic recommendation? Not a dig at anyone, it's just that I thought the application instructions explicitly stated to hand in the CPE in lieu of recommendation letters.

I had my research adviser fill in one CPE for me, which he submitted electronically.

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Thank you in advance!!

There has been a ton of confusion with the CPE this year, and different people have gotten different responses from admissions.

Basically, the CPE is supposed to be in lieu of a LOR (the direction that said include the LOR with the CPE was wrong), and they reiterate the CPE "in lieu of a LOR" on the hold letter. However, admissions did tell some people that LORs instead of CPEs were fine this year and a lot of people did initially send LORs in. That being said, the hold letter was pretty clear that they wanted the CPE, so if you're going to send a LOR in instead you might want to call and ask them first.

The easiest way for your recommender to submit a CPE is online:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=RXv8Y9202L9n2TTrLS1vug_3d_3d

Once they submit they will NOT receive a confirmation e-mail, so you should call the next day and make sure they've got it.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:32 pm

RTFM wrote:

Thank you in advance!!

There has been a ton of confusion with the CPE this year, and different people have gotten different responses from admissions.

Basically, the CPE is supposed to be in lieu of a LOR (the direction that said include the LOR with the CPE was wrong), and they reiterate the CPE "in lieu of a LOR" on the hold letter. However, admissions did tell some people that LORs instead of CPEs were fine this year and a lot of people did initially send LORs in. That being said, the hold letter was pretty clear that they wanted the CPE, so if you're going to send a LOR in instead you might want to call and ask them first.

Once they submit they will NOT receive a confirmation e-mail, so you should call the next day and make sure they've got it.

Personally, I thought the CPE form was a smart tactic of NU's... basically they ask for the exact criteria they are looking for, instead of have everyone send in LORs that are all over the place and may not even convey any useful information for the adcomm to work with.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 pm

jrose5 has solved the mystery.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 pm

RTFM wrote:

Thank you in advance!!

Thank you for the link and all helpful info!!

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:45 am

So, it is March 11th. Financial aid, please.

Also, what day of the week was the 11th last year? Was it email or mail?

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 pm

"A batch of JD decisions is going out today. Stay tuned for notification info!"
26 minutes ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/nulawadmissions

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”