Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Semi-works in my favor since I'll be in Chicago for Spring Break, I can now go over to the school and interview on campus. Looking on the bright side...

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby iwanta170 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:56 pm

For people held, do they prefer we send in our "candidate response form" via email?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18414
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby bk1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:57 pm

iwanta170 wrote:For people held, do they prefer we send in our "candidate response form" via email?


I think that's the only way they want it.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby fatduck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 pm

bk1 wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:For people held, do they prefer we send in our "candidate response form" via email?


I think that's the only way they want it.

Yes it's part of their new "green" admissions process, where you print out their form, sign it, scan and email it. Then you throw the paper away.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18414
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby bk1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 pm

fatduck wrote:Yes it's part of their new "green" admissions process, where you print out their form, sign it, scan and email it. Then you throw the paper away.

:lol:

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:12 pm

fatduck wrote:
bk1 wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:For people held, do they prefer we send in our "candidate response form" via email?


I think that's the only way they want it.

Yes it's part of their new "green" admissions process, where you print out their form, sign it, scan and email it. Then you throw the paper away.

It's not excessive waste if they never see it!

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby whitman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:37 pm

On a sort of related note, I just noticed that Berkeley considers every member of the Top 14 except for Northwestern when it comes to matching scholarships. That seems really weird. Any ideas why?

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dddhhh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 pm

whitman wrote:On a sort of related note, I just noticed that Berkeley considers every member of the Top 14 except for Northwestern when it comes to matching scholarships. That seems really weird. Any ideas why?


Maybe because NU makes you apply & then bases it on merit and need?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:54 pm

dddhhh wrote:
whitman wrote:On a sort of related note, I just noticed that Berkeley considers every member of the Top 14 except for Northwestern when it comes to matching scholarships. That seems really weird. Any ideas why?


Maybe because NU makes you apply & then bases it on merit and need?


Or maybe because NU doesn't give all that many awards compared to other schools, but gives big amounts?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
dddhhh wrote:
whitman wrote:On a sort of related note, I just noticed that Berkeley considers every member of the Top 14 except for Northwestern when it comes to matching scholarships. That seems really weird. Any ideas why?


Maybe because NU makes you apply & then bases it on merit and need?


Or maybe because NU doesn't give all that many awards compared to other schools, but gives big amounts?

or because NU cares about more than an lsat/gpa index, ie. work experience?

WarioLaw
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby WarioLaw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Admitted. Complete 01/03. Very excited.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Can any one post the Hold FAQ URL? I have a Mac and the letter keeps opening in Preview which doesn't allow you to access links. Thanks!

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Can any one post the Hold FAQ URL? I have a Mac and the letter keeps opening in Preview which doesn't allow you to access links. Thanks!

PM'd

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:14 am

Got in. But I'll probably be withdrawing tomorrow. Hope a wait listed person gets in. The school really is beautiful just not for me.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Man, I don't know where to begin writing 300-500 words on the second essay prompt for financial aid at NU. Assess my position for merit aid? I can probably do the need aid part just fine, but I don't know what to say about the merit.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 pm

i will finish my essays today i will finish my essays today i will finish my essays today

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:54 pm

hipstermafia wrote:i will finish my essays today i will finish my essays today i will finish my essays today


you think NU appears stingy with their aid because enough people don't fill out the essays in order to receive it? what a pain. My merit/need should be apparent in my application/need access :evil:

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:i will finish my essays today i will finish my essays today i will finish my essays today


you think NU appears stingy with their aid because enough people don't fill out the essays in order to receive it? what a pain. My merit/need should be apparent in my application/need access :evil:

i sincerely hope so, but it's probably that they're stingy with aid (like most of the t14 sadly)

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted but Hold people might find this interesting.

--LinkRemoved--

NU is just not that into us. Looks like we better start putting out. :wink:

marathonapplicant
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby marathonapplicant » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Has anyone else who has been put on Hold at Northwestern tried to schedule an on-campus interview? I tried to schedule one but it looks like all the slots are filled up!!

Am I looking at the site wrong or have literally all the slots already been booked?

How many people does NU put on hold....? :(

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dddhhh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:53 pm

marathonapplicant wrote:Has anyone else who has been put on Hold at Northwestern tried to schedule an on-campus interview? I tried to schedule one but it looks like all the slots are filled up!!

Am I looking at the site wrong or have literally all the slots already been booked?

How many people does NU put on hold....? :(


From their website, http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... rview.html
Interviews offered after March 4 are for hold candidates only. Candidates on hold may not interview prior to March 4 and interview dates will be posted for candidates on hold in late January. Additional on-campus interviewing slots will be added periodically throughout the cycle so we recommend checking availability regularly.

E: March 7 - 31
On-campus interviews for candidates on hold.

marathonapplicant
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby marathonapplicant » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:58 pm

dddhhh wrote:
marathonapplicant wrote:Has anyone else who has been put on Hold at Northwestern tried to schedule an on-campus interview? I tried to schedule one but it looks like all the slots are filled up!!

Am I looking at the site wrong or have literally all the slots already been booked?

How many people does NU put on hold....? :(


From their website, http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... rview.html
Interviews offered after March 4 are for hold candidates only. Candidates on hold may not interview prior to March 4 and interview dates will be posted for candidates on hold in late January. Additional on-campus interviewing slots will be added periodically throughout the cycle so we recommend checking availability regularly.

E: March 7 - 31
On-campus interviews for candidates on hold.




dddhhh, thanks for the info. here's where I'm confused. on the NW interview site it says

"Candidates on hold may not interview prior to March 4 and interview dates will be posted for candidates on hold in late January."

Which seems to suggest that people may have been scheduling Hold Interviews since January. Is that the case? Has anyone done that? I'm just trying to figure out of ALL the hold interview slots are really already filled up and I'm just screwed in terms of getting an interview slot or not....

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dddhhh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:05 pm

marathonapplicant wrote:
dddhhh wrote:
marathonapplicant wrote:Has anyone else who has been put on Hold at Northwestern tried to schedule an on-campus interview? I tried to schedule one but it looks like all the slots are filled up!!

Am I looking at the site wrong or have literally all the slots already been booked?

How many people does NU put on hold....? :(


From their website, http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... rview.html
Interviews offered after March 4 are for hold candidates only. Candidates on hold may not interview prior to March 4 and interview dates will be posted for candidates on hold in late January. Additional on-campus interviewing slots will be added periodically throughout the cycle so we recommend checking availability regularly.

E: March 7 - 31
On-campus interviews for candidates on hold.




dddhhh, thanks for the info. here's where I'm confused. on the NW interview site it says

"Candidates on hold may not interview prior to March 4 and interview dates will be posted for candidates on hold in late January."

Which seems to suggest that people may have been scheduling Hold Interviews since January. Is that the case? Has anyone done that? I'm just trying to figure out of ALL the hold interview slots are really already filled up and I'm just screwed in terms of getting an interview slot or not....


From LSN it looks like the earliest batch of holds was 1-27-11 so it is possible that they are all taken. Still, people cancel interviews and you should check regularly for openings. If you really want to interview, and have not previously done so - have you thought about calling and asking if they would add slots?

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby gov » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:06 pm

I was in the 1st batch and scheduled my interview right away.

marathonapplicant
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby marathonapplicant » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:14 pm

govorett wrote:I was in the 1st batch and scheduled my interview right away.


Ok, so people have been scheduling for the past month. I'll call and see if any more slots can be added.

Has anyone who was put on Hold recently (past week) had the same trouble I'm having--no interview slots remaining??




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, addie1412, ashrice13, Google Adsense [Bot], guybourdin, Houzy, jjfyre, LawSchoolTitan, lazarzhr, Mr. Bubbles, PDX4343, proteinshake, sspeckk, tinafeyclone and 33 guests